Poll

Will U2 Return To The UK And Europe In 2011?

Yes
35 (71.4%)
No
14 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Author Topic: Will U2 Return To The UK And Europe In 2011?  (Read 6844 times)

Offline JJEMM

• Babyface
Re: Will U2 Return To The UK And Europe In 2011?
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2011, 01:02:53 PM »
Ahh, i know these UK dates are only in the rumour stages at the moment.... but i really REALLY hope this is true.... id welcome them back to London anytime!  ;D ... in fact, ive been saving up for a year so far in the hope that this comes about  8)

Offline linasd

• Up With the Sun
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVJ72g6fMyw
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2011, 01:45:26 PM »
Yes.

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I won't pay the usual fee
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2011, 08:57:38 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I never said Ireland was in the UK. I merely said that the UK NOT Europe will see U2 this year. Then Ireland to finish.

Semantics.  U2 are half British anyway.

Hmm. You say referring to Ireland as being part of the UK is just 'semantics' yet insist on referring to U2 as 'half-british'. Seems like you have a problem with Ireland.

How do you arrive at that conclusion, Mr semantics?

LittleDany

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2011, 07:39:36 AM »
I think they'll do.

Smee

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2011, 08:21:24 AM »
I think U2 will play the UK but not Europe. The 360 Tour will end with a small leg around England, Wales, and Ireland.
Something wrong wi Scotland??? :P

Smee

« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2011, 08:32:16 AM »
No.  I don't think the logistical costs of transporting the 360 circus back to Europe would be justified for a few more UK dates.
Isnt the plan, that at the end of the tour, they are leaving the THREE stages in different parts of the world. Im sure Europe will be one of those places, so there is every chance they will be back in Europe and if theres any justice, it will be UK and Ireland

Offline AnCatDubh

• Babyface
  • Dream Out Loud
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2011, 04:55:03 AM »
the possibility of these dates are being discussed on u2market.com's forum in Italy...

i know they are rumours etc, but I just thought id share with you guys...Im not sure where these dates originally came from, the user who posted the dates says that they are circulating on other fansites...but i think its worth noting that looking at the dates they seem to fall on perfect/ideal days, eg. the Dublin date is pencilled for a Friday, meaning that there might be space for a Saturday and Sunday show maybe once the first date sells out. The tour ending in Dublin (Aviva as well) would match the other rumours that have circulated in the last months, a date in Belfast also! plus there are other gaps between dates for extra shows to be added (my imagination running wild!)...in any case I am very excited just thinking this might come true! Let’s hope so...:)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 05:22:13 AM by AnCatDubh »

Offline gaving

• Stateless
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2011, 08:42:14 AM »
I never said Ireland was in the UK. I merely said that the UK NOT Europe will see U2 this year. Then Ireland to finish.

i dont understand the need for such a statement... especially when u2 consider themselves to be irish!!  ???

Offline gaving

• Stateless
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2011, 08:53:36 AM »

so they're gonna play in Ireland... but not in Europe?! isnt Ireland in Europe!  ;)
anyways.... I think they'll play Ireland AND the UK this year!  :)

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2011, 08:54:31 AM »

i dont understand the need for such a statement... especially when u2 consider themselves to be irish!!  ???

There are very strong historical, cultural, and economic links between Great Britain and Ireland (North and South) and Adam Clayton is English and Dave Evans is Welsh, regardless of what they may consider themselves.  If I were a professional footballer, I would be eligible to play for Eire on account of my maternal great grandparents.

And if U2 are so very patriotic, then why is the bulk of Principal management based in London, England; why is their company, U2 Ltd, based in Holland; why do they seem to spend most of their time in America or France?

Offline gaving

• Stateless
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2011, 02:29:01 AM »

Semantics.  U2 are half British anyway.

i dont understand the need for such a statement... especially when u2 consider themselves to be irish!!  ???

There are very strong historical, cultural, and economic links between Great Britain and Ireland (North and South) and Adam Clayton is English and Dave Evans is Welsh, regardless of what they may consider themselves.  If I were a professional footballer, I would be eligible to play for Eire on account of my maternal great grandparents.

And if U2 are so very patriotic, then why is the bulk of Principal management based in London, England; why is their company, U2 Ltd, based in Holland; why do they seem to spend most of their time in America or France?

so Queen aren't a British band then as Freddie Mercury wasn't born there? so Def Leppard are an Irish band then because they base themselves in Dublin? do you still consider the Stereophonics to be a Welsh band?
regardless of where U2 base their business interests.... their family and homes are in Dublin.... I dare say this is where they spend most of their time, not in America or France.
I fail to see how that ridiculous FIFA rule is relevant?!  :)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 02:33:25 AM by gaving »

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2011, 05:20:41 AM »

i dont understand the need for such a statement... especially when u2 consider themselves to be irish!!  ???

There are very strong historical, cultural, and economic links between Great Britain and Ireland (North and South) and Adam Clayton is English and Dave Evans is Welsh, regardless of what they may consider themselves.  If I were a professional footballer, I would be eligible to play for Eire on account of my maternal great grandparents.

so Queen aren't a British band then as Freddie Mercury wasn't born there? so Def Leppard are an Irish band then because they base themselves in Dublin? do you still consider the Stereophonics to be a Welsh band?
regardless of where U2 base their business interests.... their family and homes are in Dublin.... I dare say this is where they spend most of their time, not in America or France.

I can see that you're not from the British Isles. :)

Offline gaving

• Stateless
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2011, 06:18:15 AM »

I can see that you're not from the British Isles. :)

Indeed I am! Born & bred!! but that doesn't make me any less Irish just because its called the 'British' isles!  ;D

Offline Falling At Your Feet

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2011, 10:23:32 AM »
Folks, can we get back on topic please !

Any one who wants to debate the sematics/politics of Ireland, Northern Ireland, can start up their own thread in the "Real World" , this is NOT the place for such a discussion.

In addition, I am moving this to the tours section

« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 10:25:08 AM by Falling At Your Feet »

Offline Falling At Your Feet

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2011, 10:30:41 AM »
There is no confirmation of any U2 gigs in Europe in 2011. Allthough I blogged about Aviva a while back

The conclusion was the Aviva stadium for Dublin, but there is nothing concrete confirmed.
U2 Tours reported on a media a rumour about a Romanian gig here You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
but it's still all very speculative at the moment, for Ireland, UK and the rest of Europe.

I suspect we will know by March, as thats an aproximate period the tickets would have to be going onsale.