Author Topic: Defamer Australia's U2 Expert Delivers Her Verdict On 'No Line On The Horizon'  (Read 14363 times)

Offline CiscoJP

• Stateless
Great review. But why do people keep saying U2 has been listening to The Killers or Kings of Leon? Without U2, these bands wouldn't exist...Kind of like a chicken/egg argument here.

Offline Nagrom99

• Numb
  • I'm 25, trying to stay alive.....
I think it's just a knee jerk reaction.  I think she's comparing the sound of the riff to KOL's "Crawl."  As far as the killers...not to sure, I don't fancy them much.

Offline Good Grief

• Wanderer
Re: Defamer Australia's U2 Expert Delivers Her Verdict On 'No Line On The Horiz
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2009, 04:48:44 PM »
whoa. I am actually starting to get my hopes up a little bit. I Thought ATYCLB had some catchy stuff, but was a bit dull, and did not stand up to previous work, and don't even get me started on How To Dismantle and Atomic Bomb....eck. I like 'boots, I think it's easily their best single since at least beautiful day...but I was still reluctant to hope for too much out of this album.

But now...I'm starting to get excited in more than a 'oh another u2 album nostalgia' kind of way. It's now kind a 'oh this could actually be kind of awesome' excitement!

!!!

Offline eddyjedi

• Elevated
Well Crawl is a fantastic song, very u2ey

Offline JuniorEmblem

• Child of Grace
  • 10 types, those who know binary & those who don't
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Well Crawl is a fantastic song, very u2ey

Crawl is one of the few highpoints of that album, but it's Zeppelin they're channeling, not U2

Offline eddyjedi

• Elevated
The riff reminds me of Mr Edge, it's fantastic

Offline Bads316

• Elevated
  • Ain't nothin' but a muffin
Re: Defamer Australia's U2 Expert Delivers Her Verdict On 'No Line On The Horiz
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2009, 05:24:24 PM »
not very often does a review give me chicken skin - cockatoos! bring it.

Offline Bono in Bonolands

• Numb
Bands lend from each other all the time with rifts and sounds. I think it is fantastic that U2 are sounding like Kings of Leon and the Killers. After all these are the best new bands in the world due to their catchy sound and attitude. Viva la Sound. Viva la difference.

Offline Mofo118

• Babyface
  • Im Ready for the Laughing Gas
Alright. I have been drinking. Just to let everyone know.

I feel i may need to commit some sort of violence to obtain this album. It is getting to that stage. BOMB reviews werent like this. There wasnt the sense of surprise. It seemed like everyone was lying to themselves about it. Yeah OK, BOMB was alright, but there is something about the early word on this album that is like nothing I have witnessed. I became a U2 fan after ATYCLB. Mainly because I was young and because I was Irish. Yes I delved back to the better stuff, but this is the first time I have felt like I was on the cusp of a U2 classic.

And I couldnt be happier

Offline Mr. T

• Staring at the Sun
So it's a rehash of the 90's and everyone is excited?

Holy hypocrites.

Offline Mofo118

• Babyface
Better than being another All Because of You

Offline Mr. T

• Staring at the Sun

you tell yourself that.

Offline j2736 (i'm not a boy ! )

• Desert Rose
  • watch more television
didn't Brandon Flowers of The Killers criticize U2 before? i believe he said U2 should retire (well, something like that). i started hating him for saying that!  >:( i think he's gonna eat his words now. U2 STILL ROCKS and Bono is hot as ever!  ;)

Offline Bono in Bonolands

• Numb
Brandon also said U2 was his favourite album of all time so go figure!
 ::)

Offline Mofo118

• Babyface

you tell yourself that.

I will. And you can keep crying yourself to sleep about how things havent worked out how you hoped they would.