Author Topic: If Danger Mouse is successful....  (Read 3112 times)

Offline Zooropa Baby Pop

• Child of Grace
  • You've Got A Head Full Of Traffic
If Danger Mouse is successful....
« on: January 12, 2011, 03:56:03 AM »
Will he produce future records? Even if there is only one future record after the 360 tour. I am 95% confident this upcoming album will be amazing, an album that everyone will appreciate. 'The hardcore' will say it's a return to the good ol' days (whatever they are). Indie snobs will have their heads turned by the awesomeness.

Does anyone know if he was a fan of U2 before they started recording?

Offline jackofhearts

• Party Girl/Boy
Re: If Danger Mouse is successful....
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2011, 04:14:50 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
'The hardcore' will say it's a return to the good ol' days (whatever they are). Indie snobs will have their heads turned by the awesomeness.

I highly doubt that indie snobs will shake their heads at its awesomeness.  Not because I don't think it will be awesome, but indie snobs - they're just snobs who adore irony (I like it too to a certain extent.)  And U2 aren't going to make an ironic album at this point in that game.  Of course there is a chance they might like on the fact that they're not supposed to like it.

Offline Zooropa Baby Pop

• Child of Grace
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 06:01:20 AM »
I really could not care less about people who don't want to listen to U2. If you listen to them and don't like them fair enough but most people if they actually gave them a go, they would fall in love with the music. Nobody is better than U2 at their best. FACT.

Danger Mouse please don't let Bono try and put on any 'Boots' or 'Crazy' type songs. Every Breaking Wave is good enough as we've heard it but with a full band electric sound it will be mind blowing. An electric version of North Star will be great too. Glastonbury is so close to being a great rocker. Edge and Adam have nailed the hook, just better lyrics in some places and with the chorus, keep the melody change the words. "Pocket full of sunshine" sounds good enough but is a bit lame tbh. BONO YOU ARE BETTER THAN THAT. Mercy is a great song and the new lyrics improve it no end. Apparently All My Life from the Rubin sessions was super but I'm yet to hear it in any form. It isn't on YouTube.

I just want Danger Mouse to produce it and be in control. If Lillywhite is even considered for anything I will break something.

Offline eddyjedi

• Elevated
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2011, 06:58:54 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login all my life is here and it's phenomenal

Offline Droo

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • don't expect, suggest
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2011, 07:48:00 AM »
THAT'S All My Life? The song people have been salivating over for years?

What's so great about that?  ??? ??? ???

Offline TheFlyingLemon

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2011, 07:58:45 AM »
It's not too bad but no way will we see it on the new album.

Offline eddyjedi

• Elevated
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2011, 08:25:19 AM »
How can you be so sure? I think the chorus and solo are phenomenal

Offline Droo

• don't expect, suggest
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2011, 08:53:23 AM »
How can you be so sure? I think the chorus and solo are phenomenal

Music really is subjective. I find the song to be quite "meh".

satellitedog01

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2011, 09:02:01 AM »
All my life would've been great if put on ATYCLB. I think it's time has come and gone, but it will be released at some point for sure.

Offline Miami66

• Airborne Ranger
  • The goal is soul
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2011, 11:39:02 AM »
I think that All My Life was the worst of the beach clips

Offline JamietheEdgefan

• Child of Grace
  • Infinity's a great place to start!
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2011, 02:55:29 PM »
I really could not care less about people who don't want to listen to U2. If you listen to them and don't like them fair enough but most people if they actually gave them a go, they would fall in love with the music. Nobody is better than U2 at their best. FACT.

Danger Mouse please don't let Bono try and put on any 'Boots' or 'Crazy' type songs. Every Breaking Wave is good enough as we've heard it but with a full band electric sound it will be mind blowing. An electric version of North Star will be great too. Glastonbury is so close to being a great rocker. Edge and Adam have nailed the hook, just better lyrics in some places and with the chorus, keep the melody change the words. "Pocket full of sunshine" sounds good enough but is a bit lame tbh. BONO YOU ARE BETTER THAN THAT. Mercy is a great song and the new lyrics improve it no end. Apparently All My Life from the Rubin sessions was super but I'm yet to hear it in any form. It isn't on YouTube.

I just want Danger Mouse to produce it and be in control. If Lillywhite is even considered for anything I will break something.

Don't worry dude, i'm fairly certain the band themselves won't let any 'boots' or 'crazy'-esque songs be on the new record... they know that didn't work last time, they won't do something so contrived again.  :)
I'm hoping for an electronic version of Every Breaking Wave as much as you, i think it could sound immense. However, don't expect it to sound anything like eno's version. I'm certain danger mouse is gonna help bring out a side of u2 we've never heard before (i think this even more after listening to the beck album he produced). I wouldn't be surprised, however, if the Danger Mouse album has all new tracks, and that the new songs we heard on the recent tour legs were just for the fans, an apology for the delayed tour etc
Especially considering all the tunes they played were left-overs from other albums, except glastonbury, but i really don't see that being more than a stand alone release  :P
Although, they have 'recycled' material before, so i could be wrong...
As for 'all my life', i agree with you Droo, it's nothing special.
It's certainly not a 'fresh', new style for u2, it would have sounded better released on the past. IMO, it's got potential, but would need serious working on!

hurricane hugo

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2011, 03:24:25 PM »
1) Danger Mouse is even more of a hack than Paul Oakenfold. It makes me laugh seeing all y'all slobbering all over him here.

2) Crazy is awesome.

#@!

Offline JamietheEdgefan

• Child of Grace
  • Infinity's a great place to start!
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2011, 03:42:38 PM »
1) Crazy is even more of a lame song than Get on your boots. It makes me laugh seeing all y'all slobbering all over it here.

2) Danger Mouse is awesome.

;D

Offline Zooropa Baby Pop

• Child of Grace
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2011, 04:31:37 PM »
1) Crazy is even more of a lame song than Get on your boots. It makes me laugh seeing all y'all slobbering all over it here.

2) Danger Mouse is awesome.

;D

THIS.

What I've heard from my research on DM and his many bands/projects it souds great

Offline TheFlyingLemon

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2011, 06:36:13 PM »
I think that All My Life was the worst of the beach clips

I thought you loved Bon Jovi?