Author Topic: If Danger Mouse is successful....  (Read 3111 times)

Offline ryanm

• Staring at the Sun
Re: If Danger Mouse is successful....
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2011, 10:50:51 PM »
1) I'll Go Crazy is the best song on NLOTH.

2) The stuff I've heard from Danger Mouse is pretty legit, so I'm very excited for the next album.

Offline jackofhearts

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2011, 04:12:13 AM »
I think Danger Mouse's contribution will be good for the band - pretty much everything he's done has been great and interesting.  He's a guy full of ideas.  Regarding Lillywhite, I do agree that U2 use him as a crutch sometimes, but it has more to do with U2 than him. Anyone that produced "If I Should Fall From Grace With God" gets a pass from me. 

Offline Dali

• Child of Grace
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2011, 05:39:23 AM »
If the Danger Mouse album will be successful in sales, there will be another U2 album in maybe 5 years. I have no idea if his appearance as a producer for U2 will be a one-off, but I guess it's likely. Howie B hasn't come back either.

And that self-titled album by U2 to be produced by their right hand man Gavin Friday really should be next in the line after the Danger Mouse one.

Offline Miami66

• Airborne Ranger
  • The goal is soul
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2011, 11:46:56 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I think that All My Life was the worst of the beach clips

I thought you loved Bon Jovi?

Love is a strong word, he is in my top 10 bands though, and I'm not sure why that post was relevant.

Offline HEY!youtwo!

• Child of Grace
  • They'll want their money back if youre alive at 33
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2011, 04:25:06 PM »
whatever the heck that one rockin' song was on that no line outtakes video that was posted up here a while ago NEEDS TO BE ON IT!!!! I think someone described it as "what a stadium rocker will sound like in 50 years"... I need that song

Offline JamietheEdgefan

• Child of Grace
  • Infinity's a great place to start!
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2011, 07:40:28 PM »
whatever the heck that one rockin' song was on that no line outtakes video that was posted up here a while ago NEEDS TO BE ON IT!!!! I think someone described it as "what a stadium rocker will sound like in 50 years"... I need that song

Guilty  ;)
That's one of the few songs i really would love to hear in the future, but it's doubtful that it will be on the danger mouse album...
... it's very much a dark, deep, unique song that is not necessarily catchy (a lot like many NLOTH songs), and the DM album is apparently full of 'airborne' 'hits', so to me it's obviously an attempt to distance the band from the NLOTH sound, like how ATYCLB was a move from Pop.
Which means if we hear the first song on this video
it will probably be a b-side, or on a NLOTH re-release years from now... or Songs of Ascent (which to me is the equivalent and about as likely as u2 releasing an album made of out-takes from pop, which are even more experimental).

Offline HEY!youtwo!

• Child of Grace
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2011, 05:26:18 PM »
Hold on a second, to me, the Glastonbury riff totally sounds like it could be the finished product of that mystery song.... doesn't it?

Offline JamietheEdgefan

• Child of Grace
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2011, 07:11:42 PM »
naaaaaah
... well, i think they're quite different, but i suppose it's subjective  :)

Offline HEY!youtwo!

• Child of Grace
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2011, 07:43:37 PM »
Really? They sound pretty different to me but they seem like one could have evolved from the other, maybe... ???

Offline JamietheEdgefan

• Child of Grace
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2011, 08:12:51 PM »
Really? They sound pretty different to me but they seem like one could have evolved from the other, maybe... ???

I suppose anything's possible, but there's no way of knowing, and imo it's not likely...
... and anyway, i really don't hear the 'essence' of that out-take song in glastonbury, if that makes sense  :P

Offline HEY!youtwo!

• Child of Grace
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2011, 09:34:26 PM »
I disagree but I do know what you are talking about  :D

Offline suppers ready

• Stateless
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2011, 08:11:26 PM »
Will he produce future records? Even if there is only one future record after the 360 tour. I am 95% confident this upcoming album will be amazing, an album that everyone will appreciate. 'The hardcore' will say it's a return to the good ol' days (whatever they are). Indie snobs will have their heads turned by the awesomeness.

Does anyone know if he was a fan of U2 before they started recording?

Indie snob = music fan

I'll take Dirty Projector's last album over U2's last any day.  I'll take Drink Up Butter Cup's take on Beatles psychedelia over it too (though that album's mix is decidedly low fi).  And GIVERS have more hooks on their upcoming album than U2's had on their last 3.  Hell Animal Collective's Merriweather Pavillion is like the Beach Boys on acid (almost redundant, I know). 

I don't know where the Indie is inaccessible noodling comes from, but it ain't so.  There's more good new music right now than I've heard in years (at least in the world of rock)

That said, Danger Mouse brings me some hope.

Offline HEY!youtwo!

• Child of Grace
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2011, 08:50:27 PM »
this is the most subjective argument in the world  :D