Author Topic: The boys have 'dreamed it up again'  (Read 3289 times)

Offline TheFlyingLemon

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
Re: The boys have 'dreamed it up again'
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2009, 11:55:45 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
8) We certainly will.

Seriously, not to wish my life away, but can't we just skip February? No one likes it anyway.

Oh no you don't...  >:(

My bdays in Feb.

Offline Nielsen

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • The Edge is on fire
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2009, 09:04:17 AM »
Does anyone have the full Q interview? I've been to the bookstore about 5 times now looking for it! They still have the Kings Of Leon issue  :-\
Guess it's too much too ask if somebody would post it? Was hoping to get it w/o special ordering.  :'(
Sorry - but that's a copyright issue. I've asked the mods if I'm allowed to post and sure it enough, they turned it down. If I did, then the forum will be in hot water and may have to pay for damages (which is lot - especially if U2 is on the cover; Q Magazine's revenue spiked up when U2 was confirmed to be on the front cover).

Offline evel12314

• Elevated
  • Squeeze out sparks of light.
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2009, 09:09:56 AM »
8) We certainly will.

Seriously, not to wish my life away, but can't we just skip February? No one likes it anyway.

Oh no you don't...  >:(

My bdays in Feb.

Aw, sorry! Ok, we'll live through February just for you  8)

I ordered the Q magazine online weeks ago. WHEN IS IT COMING >:(

Offline adam1

• Refugee
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2009, 07:54:36 PM »
I hate to be negative as well, but....

The people who were invited to hear the album may have been hand picked by U2 or Paul Mcguinness. Knowing that these people are likely to give it OTT reviews. This is a cheap & clever way of creating a buzz and promoting the album. These reviewers also only heard the album once.

Boot's is no masterpiece and there are only another ten songs left. Of these, at least 8 must be classics & there can't afford to be any duds for the album as a whole to be considered a masterpiece.

I hope it is a masterpiece.

Offline silverbad

• Stateless
  • see the future just hanging there...
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2009, 04:04:39 AM »
Maybe it isn't the new issue, but  I was at the bookstore last week and there was a Q mag with I am 99% sure Chris Martin on the cover with "Greatest Band in the World Today." ( I didn't rip it up because they added the 'today' part, cuz its like they know U2 will be shoving them off the road any day now--like this Sunday on the Grammys) Just my opinion but it bugged me...You don't just throw that term around like that when they just did a big interview with U2 am I right?....I am upsetting COldplay fans but there it is...

Offline jick

• Precious Stone
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2009, 10:34:06 AM »
The people who were invited to hear the album may have been hand picked by U2 or Paul Mcguinness. Knowing that these people are likely to give it OTT reviews. This is a cheap & clever way of creating a buzz and promoting the album. These reviewers also only heard the album once.

Very good point.  But there are always diamonds in the rough.

The media to interview President Bush were handpicked. Yet one of them got away with throwing a show at President Bush.

Again, there are always diamonds in the rough.  There are always edible apples in a basket of rotten ones.  There is always an exception to the rule and no better example than here:

Cheers,

J

Offline adam1

• Refugee
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2009, 11:05:05 AM »
The media invited into the private play of the new album were from magazines I'd never heard of. They were probably just grateful to be at such a happening and willingly wrote good things about the album. I'll wait and see what established mags such as 'NME', 'Mojo', 'The Word' & 'Q' say before getting excited. Sorry to be negative, again !

Offline Mr. BonorFLYd

• Child of Grace
  • Music you can eat!
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2009, 09:30:24 PM »
Maybe it isn't the new issue, but  I was at the bookstore last week and there was a Q mag with I am 99% sure Chris Martin on the cover with "Greatest Band in the World Today." ( I didn't rip it up because they added the 'today' part, cuz its like they know U2 will be shoving them off the road any day now--like this Sunday on the Grammys) Just my opinion but it bugged me...You don't just throw that term around like that when they just did a big interview with U2 am I right?....I am upsetting COldplay fans but there it is...

Should've been "Greatest Band at trying to imitate A-HA (Take on me) and at being obsessed with 'The Unforgettable Fire's atmosphere." They even went as far as to get ENO to produce their 4th studio album. Just like U2 got ENO on their 4th. Or is that a weird coincidence? I don't think so. They're trying too hard to be U2.

Oh..and I've been to Barnes & Not so Noble, 5x's now to get that Q mag w/U2 and they've had the same Kings of Leon in there for like 2 years or whatever! I don't like special ordering a freakin' magazine online  >:(

Offline eddyjedi

• Elevated
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2009, 09:32:33 PM »
To be honest with you the issues not amazing anyway 

Offline Mr. BonorFLYd

• Child of Grace
  • Music you can eat!
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2009, 09:36:58 PM »
really? was it brief? did it have any decent or revealing interviews? not sure whether to be happy I didn't waste dough or disappointed.