Author Topic: Xbox Live - Pimping U2  (Read 3052 times)

Offline Stateless

• Headache in a Suitcase
Xbox Live - Pimping U2
« on: February 03, 2009, 10:30:30 PM »
Not sure if there are any gamers on here or not, but I have noticed over the last two weeks that the Xbox 360 Xbox Live Service has been putting up several U2 video's.  For those unaware, you are able to buy video's, tv shows and rent movies by download via the Xbox Live Service in addition to streaming Netlfix straight through the system.

Anyways, today they added Beautiful Day, Mysterious Ways & Where the Streets have no name.  On the streets one, it is actually an extended version of the video which is slightly over 7 minutes long.  I have never seen this particular version which was pretty cool.

Just thought I would post that little tid bit that even on the gaming side of the universe, U2 is getting some love.  Now all I need is for U2 to sign up with Harmonix Studios and allow some U2 songs for Rock Band 2...that would be INCREDIBLE!

Offline CiscoJP

• Stateless
Re: Xbox Live - Pimping U2
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 11:08:06 PM »
I was on Xbox Live earlier, and didn't even notice the U2 additions (that's what I get for rushing to play Fable II). That's pretty awesome that they're being promoted on there as well. Thanks for the heads up!

As for the "Streets" video, is it the one that starts with the end of "Bullet the Blue Sky" on the radio, with the DJ talking over it? They rarely showed that version on MTV (back when MTV actuallly played, you know, music).

Mysterious Ways

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2009, 11:50:09 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I was on Xbox Live earlier, and didn't even notice the U2 additions (that's what I get for rushing to play Fable II).

Me neither. And that's what I get for rushing to play Far Cry 2.  ;D

Offline Stateless

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2009, 10:12:08 AM »
I was on Xbox Live earlier, and didn't even notice the U2 additions (that's what I get for rushing to play Fable II). That's pretty awesome that they're being promoted on there as well. Thanks for the heads up!

As for the "Streets" video, is it the one that starts with the end of "Bullet the Blue Sky" on the radio, with the DJ talking over it? They rarely showed that version on MTV (back when MTV actuallly played, you know, music).

Yes that is the one, but it is even more extended than just the intro that has Bullet in it. 

Offline braxhunt

• Refugee
  • Feel like trash - you make me feel clean
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2009, 10:38:21 AM »
I know this isn't the right spot for this but do you guys wanna trade gamertags, I would love to know I'm gaming with U2 fans

Offline silkenskies

• Refugee
  • You got my head filled with songs
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2009, 11:57:25 AM »
COD: WaW for me. I hardly ever check out the videos, so now I have a good reason to!

Pretty cool

Offline CiscoJP

• Stateless
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2009, 12:12:54 PM »
I know this isn't the right spot for this but do you guys wanna trade gamertags, I would love to know I'm gaming with U2 fans

Mine is CiscoJP. Ironically enough ;) Feel free to FR me on Xbox LIve :)

Offline ElJayVee

• Airborne Ranger
  • Love is clockworks and cold steel
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2009, 05:26:03 PM »
Okay, so I'm not a gamer, but my son is.  He's been bugging me for Live and now I may have to relent!

I wonder if U2 is gearing up for a Guitar Hero or Rock Band game?

~L

Offline Alpha

• Babyface
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2009, 10:23:55 PM »
I'm an Xbox-user but haven't noticed any U2 activity lately. Is this on the american or european service?

I've been hoping long and hard for any U2 in Rock Band 2. Harmonix CEO Alex Rigopolus listed a few big names that they were working on when they developed Rock Band 2 and U2 was amongst those mentioned. Guess they haven't gotten to an agreement yet or parhaps U2 is waiting until March the 2nd? :D

Just hope U2 got some people in the know around them so that they end up in a Rock Band 2 or a Harmonix-developed Rock Band U2 game, and not in some sh**e "Guitar Hero 5: We f*** up U2"-game. Anyone who's ever played Guitar Hero: Aerosmith know what I'm talking about.

Offline Trillian

• Stateless
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2009, 11:10:56 AM »
Well, the rumour goes that U2 will be getting their own Guitar Hero game from the little exerpt that's been floating around the internet:

We already know GH 4 is on its way (as well as a game based on the band Aerosmith), but I'm hearing two more Guitar Hero titles are also in the works, bringing GH3's sequel count to four. And one may star a group that rocks in mysterious ways.

I don't know the ins and outs of the Rock Band vs. Guitar Hero dispute; all I know is that we own the latter's World Tour edition and it would be something of a relief to be able to play some U2 instead of my sister playing Bon Jovi all the time!

Mysterious Ways

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2009, 02:26:45 PM »
Well, the rumour goes that U2 will be getting their own Guitar Hero game from the little exerpt that's been floating around the internet:

We already know GH 4 is on its way (as well as a game based on the band Aerosmith), but I'm hearing two more Guitar Hero titles are also in the works, bringing GH3's sequel count to four. And one may star a group that rocks in mysterious ways.

That rumour hung around for a bit, but nothing more has been said about it since February last year, unfortunately. But then again, they might be bringing out a U2 version later this year, as that excerpt mentions four sequels to GH3 (Aerosmith, World Tour, Metallica and U2?). Anyway, if they are indeed planning Guitar Hero: U2, I don't think we'll see it until late 2009-early 2010.
I don't know the ins and outs of the Rock Band vs. Guitar Hero dispute; all I know is that we own the latter's World Tour edition and it would be something of a relief to be able to play some U2 instead of my sister playing Bon Jovi all the time!

Hey, that's one of the best songs on World Tour! Nothing tops belting out "Whoa-oh, liiiiving on pray-er!" at the top of your voice. Trust me.

Offline Stateless

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2009, 11:43:52 PM »
Last night the Xbox Live Service added 3 more U2 Video's and they are the first three listed as well.  We have Elevation, I Still Havent Found what I am looking for and I will Follow (Red Rocks version).  That makes about 8 U2 videos added to the service in the last 2 weeks.  I really hope they get Boots on there in HD when it is released.

Mysterious Ways

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2009, 02:52:31 PM »
Last night the Xbox Live Service added 3 more U2 Video's and they are the first three listed as well.  We have Elevation, I Still Havent Found what I am looking for and I will Follow (Red Rocks version).  That makes about 8 U2 videos added to the service in the last 2 weeks.  I really hope they get Boots on there in HD when it is released.

I still haven't found what I'm looking for  ;) Is it in the Video Marketplace thingy?

Offline LaughingGas

• Refugee
  • "Your face pressed up against the glass"
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2009, 07:18:36 PM »
Cool!  I love Xbox Live, and I love U2, so I will deffinitely have to check this out, thanks for the post.

Offline CiscoJP

• Stateless
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2009, 09:12:53 PM »

I still haven't found what I'm looking for  ;) Is it in the Video Marketplace thingy?

Yeah, go to the Video Marketplace, then Music Videos, then New Arrivals. There's just the 6 videos so far (Elevation, Beautiful Day, Still Haven't Found..., I Will Follow, Streets, and Mysterious Ways). Unless I missed some...