Author Topic: Please help!! I'm trying to find a certain pic of Bono!!  (Read 2156 times)

Offline u2acrobat8

• Babyface
Please help!! I'm trying to find a certain pic of Bono!!
« on: February 03, 2009, 10:30:50 PM »
Hi all, I am trying to find a pic of Bono from the popmart era.  I believe it is from when they were in Sarajevo.  Bono is standing kind of straight but looking to the side.  He is not wearing his glasses and has his green hat on along with basically wearing green fatigues (sort of).  They match his ever so famous hat.  Anyway, it's my most favorite pic of him and I used to have it saved on my old computer, but alas it is gone, and nowhere to be found.  Any help?

Offline u2acrobat8

• Babyface
Re: Please help!! I'm trying to find a certain pic of Bono!!
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 09:39:35 AM »
Nevermind, I found it.  He wasn't wearing his hat.   ;D

Boom Cha!

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 09:43:59 AM »
Cool pic.  8)

Offline u2acrobat8

• Babyface
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2009, 05:03:04 PM »
Yeah, I don't know why I've always be fascinated with this one.  Of course this is when I really first got into U2, when Pop came out. Go figure.

Offline evel12314

• Elevated
  • Squeeze out sparks of light.
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2009, 05:18:43 PM »
Wow, that's a really nice picture of Bono.

An Cat Dubh

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2009, 05:25:01 PM »
Great picture. The whole Pop era is my favorite. The album, the bands look, the names (Pop, Popmart, Mr. The Edge  :D etc) the album cover, marketing, everything. Except the show itself, I thought ZooTV was slightly better.
Remember, the band were all in their 30's too - they of course all looked fit and healthy, and the clothes - priceless  :)

Offline U2Pride

• Deep In the Heart
  • There's no them, only us.
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2009, 05:46:56 PM »
 :o I. Love. That. Picture  ;D ;D

Offline the Edge Gotto

• Elevated
  • U2, Peter Gabriel, and Genesis shall dominate
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2009, 07:29:05 PM »
I'm trying to find a good picture of just the Edge playing his Gibson Explorer while wearing his Music Rising shirt. Thanks.

Offline u2acrobat8

• Babyface
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2009, 09:03:50 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Great picture. The whole Pop era is my favorite. The album, the bands look, the names (Pop, Popmart, Mr. The Edge  :D etc) the album cover, marketing, everything. Except the show itself, I thought ZooTV was slightly better.
Remember, the band were all in their 30's too - they of course all looked fit and healthy, and the clothes - priceless  :)

Agreed.  To me they are all looking their best in this era.  Something about this era screams,  "We are sexy men now, not just good looking boys from Ireland." :-* :-*

It certainly helps that he is not wearing the shades either.  Those blue eyes.

An Cat Dubh

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2009, 09:05:58 PM »

Agreed.  To me they are all looking their best in this era.  Something about this era screams,  "We are sexy men now, not just good looking boys from Ireland." :-* :-*

It certainly helps that he is not wearing the shades either.  Those blue eyes.

I'll say 'Cool' to your 'Sexy'  ;)

mofo_spacejunk

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2009, 09:22:45 PM »

Don't forget Adam and his gas mask  ;)

Offline silverbad

• Stateless
  • see the future just hanging there...
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2009, 03:55:32 AM »
I hated that gas mask. I have a phobia of them. Seriously whenever I see one I have to take deep breaths (yes I know how that sounds--well duh--GAS mask/deep breaths). The thing is I didn't find out till recently that it is because my brothers friend (5 years older than me) used to scare me in my crib with his dad's army gas mask. Just like that-Thanksgiving dinner..."Well you know Why you hate them don't you? ...."  If he was in front of me I woulda smacked him. I couldn't even look at Adam with that thing on, and I am 37 now. ugh.....