Author Topic: U2 to play Dublin in July  (Read 6845 times)

Alton Dalton

U2 to play Dublin in July
« on: February 04, 2009, 01:16:17 AM »
Today FM, one of Irelands national radio stations, is reporting that U2 are booked to play Croke Park in Dublin on 24th, 25th and 26th of July 2009.

The have also reported that certain hotels in the vicinity have tripled their prices for that weekend.

Offline dns_dub

• Babyface
Re: U2 to play Dublin in July
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 04:21:16 AM »
There's only one problem with those dates....U2 never play three nights in a row. Bono's voice isn't up to it. If you look at the last tour (u2tours.com) two consecutive gigs is the most they played. On the Vertigo tour, the Dublin shows were Friday, Saturday, Monday.

daveyg

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2009, 04:30:00 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Today FM, one of Irelands national radio stations, is reporting that U2 are booked to play Croke Park in Dublin on 24th, 25th and 26th of July 2009.

The have also reported that certain hotels in the vicinity have tripled their prices for that weekend.

ANy idea when tickets go on sale? Based on the Vertigo tour, Im guesstamating the end of the month. Oh my poor bank account!! (between the album release and all!!)

Offline Dream Out Loud

• Child of Grace
  • I'm Wide Awake....I'm Not Sleeping
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2009, 01:54:02 PM »
I flew to Ireland 4 years ago to go to that 1st Croke Park gig (Friday night) and it was a blast.  If these 2009 dates are correct, the final date is my birthday.  looks like I'll have to do it all over again.  :)

Offline dns_dub

• Babyface
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2009, 03:47:16 AM »

ANy idea when tickets go on sale? Based on the Vertigo tour, Im guesstamating the end of the month. Oh my poor bank account!! (between the album release and all!!)

I heard middle of March for tour announcement so ticket sales pretty soon after that.

Offline spanner

• Numb
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2009, 03:56:09 AM »
I flew to Ireland 4 years ago to go to that 1st Croke Park gig (Friday night) and it was a blast.  If these 2009 dates are correct, the final date is my birthday.  looks like I'll have to do it all over again.  :)

i flew in from uk and met my wife to be who's had flown in from chicago with a friend and we went to the friday and saturday night shows.thae whole weekend there was a buzz around the city and lots of u2 fans meeting up.i was in the hogan stand for the friday night(miserable damp night) and was on the floor just in front of the soundboard for the saturday night .it was an amazing experience which probably won't happen this time for us as with the little one we will just make one of the uk gigs for the day

daveyg

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2009, 04:40:30 AM »

Gonna have to queue up for my handful of tickets!
cooooooooolllllll.... thats a handful of tickets for me - if I have to queue up all night for them!! Which I will!
I heard middle of March for tour announcement so ticket sales pretty soon after that.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 05:56:56 AM by daveyg »

Offline julesport

• Holy Joe
  • Free yourself to be yourself...
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2009, 07:43:13 AM »
I'm there...........If they are playing Croke in July I plan to attend.......

Daveyg........is it best to buy my tickets with live nation or ticketmaster for the Ireland shows? 

Anybody in the USA offer ticket buying tickets for the Ireland shows?

Offline vickidvm

• Numb
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2009, 08:29:21 AM »

Daveyg........is it best to buy my tickets with live nation or ticketmaster for the Ireland shows? 

Same here, julsport!  I'd love to see them in Ireland and July's a great time.  Hopefully, they'll have a ticket company (like ETS was for the last tour) that will make it easier for those in other countries to get tickets. 

Offline julesport

• Holy Joe
  • Free yourself to be yourself...
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2009, 09:04:36 AM »

Same here, julsport!  I'd love to see them in Ireland and July's a great time.  Hopefully, they'll have a ticket company (like ETS was for the last tour) that will make it easier for those in other countries to get tickets. 

Okay Vicki....if you find out any inside scoop let me know and I'll do the same!!

daveyg

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2009, 07:45:11 AM »

Well, Ive bought my tickets through ticketmaster the last few occasions - queued up all night for them though - found queuing up that they'll stop the queue at a certain spot saying that there wont be tickets available after that spot.

Alton Dalton

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2009, 12:31:43 PM »
Hmmm... Last time I queued up for U2 tickets, it was for Slane 1 and as I'm sure you've heard, it was an absolute shambles. I even managed to get myself into trouble with the Gardaí on that occasion. I've done it online ever since.

Offline Falling At Your Feet

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2009, 01:00:01 PM »

[/quote]

You have as much chance of those of us in Ireland(like me), it's almost certain, they will go onsale on You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
so you can book them there when they go onsale, and the Irish website will deliver them to you in the US or in other countries, unlike ticketmaster.com, who do not deliver tickets to countries outside of the US and Canada. The Irish website only charges 3 Euro, about 4 bucks for delivery to the US,
but lets wait for the official announcement that they are playing the weekend of July 24th (only a rumour, ahem !

shockdocta22

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2009, 02:40:05 PM »
howd u get this rumor tour dates havent been announced yet

Alton Dalton

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2009, 03:07:51 PM »
howd u get this rumor tour dates havent been announced yet

Did you not read the first post?