Author Topic: U2 IN SOUTH AFRICA  (Read 4014 times)

Offline Springbok

• Wanderer
  • Let Go and Let God
Re: U2 IN SOUTH AFRICA
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2011, 10:13:13 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
any news on whats been rehearsed?

Nothing yet. Just the realization that the concert will be held on a historically important day. One of the first rallies that Nelson Mandela had after prison in the same stadium will be on Sunday as well.

Offline pilgrimtogo

• Numb
  • ALL THE SECRETS, NO ONE TO TELL
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2011, 10:58:44 PM »
Madiba retired from public life and was last seen on the opening of the0World cup. But U2 might have the opportunity to visit him,! How awesome! Which show are you going to Springbok?

Offline Springbok

• Wanderer
  • Let Go and Let God
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2011, 03:43:36 AM »
Madiba retired from public life and was last seen on the opening of the0World cup. But U2 might have the opportunity to visit him,! How awesome! Which show are you going to Springbok?

Going to the JHB FNB stadium show.

The Grave

« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2011, 07:12:44 AM »
Wait is the show today or tomorrow in America?

Offline Springbok

• Wanderer
  • Let Go and Let God
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2011, 09:04:12 AM »
Apparently they can hear the band rehearsing from outside the stadium - but no mention of any song names...

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

The show is tomorrow in South Africa - so I'm not sure, depending where you are in America...

Offline fresno dave

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • "You wanted violins.." about.me/davewainscott
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2011, 12:17:09 PM »
Grave...show would be 10 am Pacific Time Sunday

The Grave

« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2011, 12:17:51 PM »
alright, so its 1 Pm my time  :D

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2011, 01:52:45 PM »
Just the realization that the concert will be held on a historically important day. One of the first rallies that Nelson Mandela had after prison in the same stadium will be on Sunday as well.

I also think these shows will be really historic. Apart from playing the largest audiences presumably on the 360 tour, it seems that South Africa might be really growing up as a concert destination. I say that having never been there of course.   

Offline pilgrimtogo

• Numb
  • ALL THE SECRETS, NO ONE TO TELL
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2011, 12:20:57 PM »
Just the realization that the concert will be held on a historically important day. One of the first rallies that Nelson Mandela had after prison in the same stadium will be on Sunday as well.

I also think these shows will be really historic. Apart from playing the largest audiences presumably on the 360 tour, it seems that South Africa might be really growing up as a concert destination. I say that having never been there of course.   

Excuse me!!
Wanne know the list of artists who have performed in the last year?! Show about to start!