Author Topic: Boycott of u2.com  (Read 44506 times)

Offline MarsGirl

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • The world is spinning fast tonight...
Re: Boycott of u2.com
« Reply #180 on: February 22, 2011, 07:18:15 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Great wording, great petition. Well done.

On the digression - a really interesting book on English/American is Mother Tongue by Bill Bryson. Check it out. Humourous and interesting.

I love Bill Bryson. He's brilliant.

Offline jenniferh aka jen

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
« Reply #181 on: February 22, 2011, 09:13:51 PM »
Are you posting a link to the petition on U2.com also? I'm sure lots of people over there would sign it too.

Offline soapit

• Precious Stone
« Reply #182 on: February 22, 2011, 09:37:38 PM »
Are you posting a link to the petition on U2.com also? I'm sure lots of people over there would sign it too.

i've never posted on that forum or on any other u2 forum so if anyone's a member anywhere else (u2.com, interference) then it'd be a help if you could post it on those ones for us.

Offline JamietheEdgefan

• Child of Grace
  • Infinity's a great place to start!
« Reply #183 on: February 24, 2011, 09:58:43 AM »
Someone linked to the petition over at interference, and there seemed to be some support there.
What should the next step be?

Offline Terrasidius

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Bass suit, bug shades, moon boogie motorcade
« Reply #184 on: February 24, 2011, 11:26:56 AM »
I support this! I mean look at Radioheads website, they maintain it themselves pretty much.

Offline soapit

• Precious Stone
« Reply #185 on: February 24, 2011, 04:14:52 PM »
planning to wait a few weeks (or however long) until the petition stops getting signed then forward to principle management.

we can think about our options after that depending what happens then.

Offline gnmmet

• Numb
  • Your love is like a secret it gets passed around
« Reply #186 on: February 24, 2011, 04:22:14 PM »
Thanks guys.  :)

We should also give props to Melicans Maltkin who wrote the first draft and got this going. I've never done one of these before so does anyone know how many signatures we should be aiming for?

Offline soapit

• Precious Stone
« Reply #187 on: February 24, 2011, 05:02:30 PM »
ha ha yes well i wasnt sure of that either and the online had a default setting of 50,000 so i just left it at that. currently we are about 48,850 short of the 'target'

i think just do it until we feel we've squeezed the last signature out so was thinking just wait until we're only getting 1 new signature a week or a day or something.

i dont think there's a huge rush to get it to them so we can leave it to grow for a while (like a month or so perhaps).

Offline JamietheEdgefan

• Child of Grace
« Reply #188 on: February 24, 2011, 05:39:58 PM »
ha ha yes well i wasnt sure of that either and the online had a default setting of 50,000 so i just left it at that. currently we are about 48,850 short of the 'target'

i think just do it until we feel we've squeezed the last signature out so was thinking just wait until we're only getting 1 new signature a week or a day or something.

i dont think there's a huge rush to get it to them so we can leave it to grow for a while (like a month or so perhaps).

Sounds good. In the meantime, we need to spread the word around every u2 fansite. I'll start, if you guys don't mind, by starting a new thread here specifically for the petition, then i'll try my luck on interference... then, the big challenge will be the u2.com forums, where we have to avoid being banned.   :-\
Everyones help in spreading the petition is appreciated  :)

Offline JamietheEdgefan

• Child of Grace
« Reply #189 on: February 24, 2011, 09:14:01 PM »
I've just thought of a good idea: When we've collected enough signatures for the petition, we should bombard u2.com with them. I'm saying, instead of one person sending an email to live nation, we get every member we can on here to send multiple copies to as many addresses as possible, as well as flood the u2.com forums with it.

I believe the 'delivery' of the petition could be just as effective as how many people sign it!

Offline soapit

• Precious Stone
« Reply #190 on: February 24, 2011, 09:32:42 PM »
its prbably a discussion to have a bit later but i'm not sure i'm up for everyone spamming it to them repeatedly, at least at first. would prefer to go down the respectful request route first and see how it goes...but yeah we can discuss all that in the weeks to come.

Offline JamietheEdgefan

• Child of Grace
« Reply #191 on: February 24, 2011, 09:47:39 PM »
its prbably a discussion to have a bit later but i'm not sure i'm up for everyone spamming it to them repeatedly, at least at first. would prefer to go down the respectful request route first and see how it goes...but yeah we can discuss all that in the weeks to come.

Yeah fair enough man... we'll discuss it in due course.

Offline p8ru2

• Precious Stone
« Reply #192 on: February 27, 2011, 10:58:37 AM »
Great letter!  I couldn't agree more!  Erm.... Not many sigs yet....  Come on people! 

Offline MarsGirl

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • The world is spinning fast tonight...
« Reply #193 on: February 27, 2011, 11:01:01 AM »
I just signed it. Sorry, I forgot!!

Offline JamietheEdgefan

• Child of Grace
« Reply #194 on: February 27, 2011, 11:28:53 AM »
Great letter!  I couldn't agree more!  Erm.... Not many sigs yet....  Come on people! 

The problem is, a lot of the other u2 fan sites are pretty unimpressed about the whole idea. Either they think it's pointless, or they're flat out against it, so it's hard to drum up support :(