Author Topic: itunes question about the new album  (Read 919 times)

Offline onetreehill

• Up With the Sun
  • to the rhythm of my soul
itunes question about the new album
« on: February 04, 2009, 02:11:28 PM »
Hello all, I have a question I don't know if anyone has the answer to this.

I am going to buy a hard copy of the new album, but I also pre-ordered it from itunes.  It is said to be released on March 3rd.  Does that mean at midnight on March 2nd I can listen to the new album?  and what does it mean when I see it is released world wide on march 2nd, but in the US on march 3rd?

I better drink lots of coffee if that is the case because I am sure I won't even want to go to bed because I will need to hear it more than once!!

Offline alliep76

• Babyface
Re: itunes question about the new album
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 07:08:32 PM »
I don't know if this will hold true for U2's album, but I pre-ordered Bruce Springsteen's new album on itunes.  When I went to download the album on Jan. 27, the release date, I noticed that I had an e-mail from itunes time stamped 11:00 p.m. on Jan 26.  The e-mail said that the album was available for download.  Since my credit card was charged for album at that point, I would assume that means I could have listened to the album at 11:00 p.m. Jan. 26.  I hoping the same thing will happen for U2.

Offline the Edge Gotto

• Elevated
  • U2, Peter Gabriel, and Genesis shall dominate
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 07:25:24 PM »
I hope I can download the album as early as possible. I need to listen to it before school on the 3rd.

Offline Evil Bono

• Numb
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2009, 12:13:08 AM »
I would say midnight on the U.S. release date. I'm not sure about the worldwide release.  Since Japan gets it on the 27th I don't see why we can't have it that day too. 

mofo_spacejunk

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2009, 01:07:19 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I don't know if this will hold true for U2's album, but I pre-ordered Bruce Springsteen's new album on itunes.  When I went to download the album on Jan. 27, the release date, I noticed that I had an e-mail from itunes time stamped 11:00 p.m. on Jan 26.  The e-mail said that the album was available for download.  Since my credit card was charged for album at that point, I would assume that means I could have listened to the album at 11:00 p.m. Jan. 26.  I hoping the same thing will happen for U2.

Hope that's true. I could technically get it in 20 sleeps time!!!