Author Topic: SPOILER: Official Estadio Nacional, Santiago, Set-List; 25th March 2011  (Read 53476 times)

Offline Belisama

• Original of the Species
Re: SPOILER: Official Estadio Nacional, Santiago, Set-List; 25th March 2011
« Reply #615 on: March 27, 2011, 07:45:32 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
For anyone interested, from Willie's new diary entry;

-The GOYB Remix intro sounded different because they got a Chilean singer to sing over it. That also appears to be the reason why it replaced the Bowie / Stingray opener- it was intended to be a unique Latin American opening much as South Africa got its own. That means it is likely that this will stay in for all Latin American shows but change / vanish in the USA.

-They didn't play Mothers because they wanted to show that Chile had moved on, hence why it got the 'reference' with the Streets intro only.

-One Tree Hill was 'partly due to the Victor Jara reference, partly because of mining empathy, partly because it's great and under-played.' That at least raises the prospect that it may appear again!

I guess it would have been too overt to play Red Hill Mining Town in Chile?

Offline HEY!youtwo!

• Child of Grace
  • They'll want their money back if youre alive at 33
« Reply #616 on: March 27, 2011, 01:53:14 PM »

-The GOYB Remix intro sounded different because they got a Chilean singer to sing over it. That also appears to be the reason why it replaced the Bowie / Stingray opener- it was intended to be a unique Latin American opening much as South Africa got its own. That means it is likely that this will stay in for all Latin American shows but change / vanish in the USA.

-They didn't play Mothers because they wanted to show that Chile had moved on, hence why it got the 'reference' with the Streets intro only.

-One Tree Hill was 'partly due to the Victor Jara reference, partly because of mining empathy, partly because it's great and under-played.' That at least raises the prospect that it may appear again!

Missed opportunity! We'll never hear it live haha

Offline Belisama

• Original of the Species
« Reply #617 on: March 27, 2011, 02:25:48 PM »

Missed opportunity! We'll never hear it live haha

Personally I think it would have been awesome, but as much as I love Bono, I am not sure his voice is up for it. It is my all time fav vocal performance of his and it is a very challenging song.  I do think it would have been a golden opportunity.

Offline EnduringChill

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #618 on: March 27, 2011, 04:18:44 PM »

This fills me with happiness. :)
I know that the most recent version wasn't the best, but without the girl onstage I am sure the performance would have been perfect. I could sing better than that... :P I've heard a lot of people on other sites (YouTube, etc.) saying that they hated this performance/it was awful, and I DON'T GET IT! :'(

Offline silvrlvr

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • Three things I need you to know -- three!
« Reply #619 on: March 28, 2011, 01:15:22 PM »
If One Tree Hill comes back, I hope it gets the reverence it deserves. It's the U2 song that means most to many fans in Oceania and to lots of fans worldwide. It was disappointing to me that the guest artist had no idea what she was singing, the right style in which to sing or how to harmonize with Bono and Edge. The song is perfect just with Bono and Edge, and in fact, Bono's voice sounded beautiful that night. What a shame it wasn't left to them to sing.