Poll

Will U2 release a new album BEFORE the 360 Tour Is Done

Yes they will release a new album
NO they will NOT release a new album

Author Topic: Alright! Lets Settle This Once And For All!  (Read 7403 times)

Offline weston

• Stateless
Re: Alright! Lets Settle This Once And For All!
« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2011, 07:25:52 PM »
Oui

Offline NOLA Fly

• Staring at the Sun
  • Feel like trash, You make me feel clean...
« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2011, 12:19:33 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Every day when I check this site and see no new album announcement, I die a little inside.

If you really want to get masochistic, you should try refreshing the page every ten minutes like I do. I find myself getting all pi**ed at Matt when there's no new album news.

I'm right there with you.  I'm an emotionally battered man.  But I still keep checking.  It's very sad.

LOL.

ATTENTION U2!

You are driving your fans into a maddening state of masochism and self-deprecation to the extreme. It is therefore your moral duty to release an album.....TOMORROW (Yes, MG, Tomorrow was on October  :P :D). So, um, yeah U2, GET ON IT.

What she said. If I have to wait past May, there is going to be consequences.  

Offline The Exile

• Up With the Sun
  • It's all ball bearings nowadays.
« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2011, 12:22:34 AM »
If I have to wait past May, there is going to be consequences.  

I am currently aportioning cyanide tablets in hundreds of little baggies for all of us to make a, umm, statement of protest on June 1 if we have no new album.

Offline NOLA Fly

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2011, 12:29:34 AM »

I am currently aportioning cyanide tablets in hundreds of little baggies for all of us to make a, umm, statement of protest on June 1 if we have no new album.

This is the most overstated post I've read to date.  Having said that.....I'm down.  Just make sure my baggie has my logo on it.  If I'm going down, I'm going down in style.

Offline The Exile

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2011, 12:34:28 AM »

This is the most overstated post I've read to date. 

Speaking of which, we should all threaten suicide over the fanclub debacle. Crying "WOLF!" is rad.

Offline NOLA Fly

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2011, 12:44:48 AM »

Speaking of which, we should all threaten suicide over the fanclub debacle. Crying "WOLF!" is rad.

Dude, the current fan club debacle is the only thing that has ever made me question the band themselves.  Seriously, how can you give out Duels with a clear conscious?  I hope the band has no knowledge of this.  Otherwise, they must think I'm retarded.

Offline The Exile

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #51 on: February 20, 2011, 01:15:32 AM »

Dude, the current fan club debacle is the only thing that has ever made me question the band themselves.  Seriously, how can you give out Duels with a clear conscious?  I hope the band has no knowledge of this.  Otherwise, they must think I'm retarded.

Given how anal U2 is about their reputation and image, there is NO WAY that they did not greenlight Duals. It probably wasn't their idea, but they definitely signed off on it.

PS - Maybe instead of all of us killing ourselves, we should all switch to Radiohead avatars on this forum. Plus, it'll pi*s off all the kids on here who think that Beautiful Day is vintage U2!

Offline NOLA Fly

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #52 on: February 20, 2011, 01:23:24 AM »

Dude, the current fan club debacle is the only thing that has ever made me question the band themselves.  Seriously, how can you give out Duels with a clear conscious?  I hope the band has no knowledge of this.  Otherwise, they must think I'm retarded.

Given how anal U2 is about their reputation and image, there is NO WAY that they did not greenlight Duals. It probably wasn't their idea, but they definitely signed off on it.

PS - Maybe instead of all of us killing ourselves, we should all switch to Radiohead avatars on this forum. Plus, it'll pi*s off all the kids on here who think that Beautiful Day is vintage U2!

While my wife put together my avatar for me and I can never change it, I totally understand what you are saying.  If the members of U2 thought their serious fans would like Duels, there is a serious disconnect.  I have most of these songs, guys.  Give me some bang for my fifty bucks.  Larry, if you greenlit this, I'm going to be heartbroken.  You know bull$#%& when you see it, and this is bull$#%&.  Just give me the audio from a concert and I'll be happy.  That's all I need.

An Cat Dubh

« Reply #53 on: February 20, 2011, 01:23:30 AM »

:D  LMAO

ps, I like your avatar Exile.

An Cat Dubh

« Reply #54 on: February 20, 2011, 01:24:26 AM »

While my wife put together my avatar for me and I can never change it, I totally understand what you are saying.  If the members of U2 thought their serious fans would like Duels, there is a serious disconnect.  I have most of these songs, guys.  Give me some bang for my fifty bucks.  Larry, if you greenlit this, I'm going to be heartbroken.  You know bull$#%& when you see it, and this is bull$#%&.  Just give me the audio from a concert and I'll be happy.  That's all I need.

Preferably an indoor Zoo TV show.

Offline NOLA Fly

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #55 on: February 20, 2011, 01:30:15 AM »

Again, we are on the same page.  I will take all the MacPhisto you can give me.  And when you run out of Zoo TV shows to give me, feel free to give me some Pop show.  MOST UNDERRATED ALBUM EVER!!!!  Seriously, if you don't like Pop, we can't be friends.

An Cat Dubh

« Reply #56 on: February 20, 2011, 01:31:13 AM »

Again, we are on the same page.  I will take all the MacPhisto you can give me.  And when you run out of Zoo TV shows to give me, feel free to give me some Pop show.  MOST UNDERRATED ALBUM EVER!!!!  Seriously, if you don't like Pop, we can't be friends.

Nola. Pop is my all time favorite album, not just by U2, but anyone!.

Offline NOLA Fly

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #57 on: February 20, 2011, 01:41:13 AM »

Nola. Pop is my all time favorite album, not just by U2, but anyone!.

Dude, I hear you.  Actung Baby happens to be my favorite, but I totally understand where you're coming from.  I remember when Pop came out thinking "Why isn't this album huge?  It's so much better than anything else that's out right now, and it's not even close."  It made me sad that it was so overlooked.  I was in high school at the time and nobody else even noticed it.  I was like, "You are all retarded.  This is greatness."

Offline The Exile

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #58 on: February 20, 2011, 01:48:04 AM »
Yeah, I was living in Europe at the time and was stoked that it came out a day earlier there. I was at the record shop that morning and was just blown away. I like Zooropa better because it means more to me, but Pop is a stronger set of songs to be sure.

Any chance either of you will be at the Seattle show?

Offline NOLA Fly

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #59 on: February 20, 2011, 01:53:38 AM »
Yeah, I was living in Europe at the time and was stoked that it came out a day earlier there. I was at the record shop that morning and was just blown away. I like Zooropa better because it means more to me, but Pop is a stronger set of songs to be sure.

Any chance either of you will be at the Seattle show?

I wish.  I live in New Orleans, a town that the band has forgotten about when it comes to tours.  They'll do charity here, but not a concert.  I would gladly overlook the abomination that was the Marshawn Lynch run to be a part of the Seattle show.  Unfortunately, airline tickets are expensive and I won't be there.  If you will be, cheer some for me.