Poll

Least Favorite Member of U2

Bono
The Edge
Larry Mullen Jr.
Adam Clayton

Author Topic: Poll: Least Favorite Band Member  (Read 18723 times)

An Cat Dubh

Re: Poll: Least Favorite Band Member
« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2011, 08:59:23 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Adam Clayton.

listen to his bass compared to other bands, like the Chili Peppers or even Franz Ferdinand. he's honestly the only member of U2 who is about as talented as a Jonas brother.

not to mention he's boring, old-looking, and the only non-Christian.  :P

Comments like this from someone so young is very worrying.  :-\

Offline Midnight is Where the Day Begins

• Genius of Compression
  • Oh it's time, it's time, it's IeTOUR time!!
« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2011, 09:22:37 PM »
Adam Clayton.

listen to his bass compared to other bands, like the Chili Peppers or even Franz Ferdinand. he's honestly the only member of U2 who is about as talented as a Jonas brother.

Please tell me you don't listen to the Jonas Brothers and compared the two.

If so Imma gonna ask you to leave the vicinity  :P

Offline GardenTart

• Elevated
  • Little and little they robbed and stole...
« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2011, 09:26:33 PM »
Adam Clayton.
not to mention he's boring, old-looking, and the only non-Christian.  :P
NOT COOL.

Dude, if you think that any member of U2 is "as talented as Jonas Brother" then you should not be on this forum. As several people have already said, this poll is not about "who is the worst member", it is "who is your least favorite" - implying that as a true U2 fan, each member is already a favorite. I am not going to lecture you on how integral each member of the group is, and how U2 is not one member but a sum of the parts because you obviously don't get it. But I will ask you this - where exactly would this band be without Adam dedicateding the first few years of his career to promoting the band while the othe boys were still in school?

Both Flea and Adam are critically acclaimed. But there are a lot of people who think that Flea's bass style is the same funk over and over again. So don't be claiming that Flea is the be-all-end-all of bass players. But if you're going to comapre Adam's 30+ year career to Franz Ferdinand, then you really don't get it.

With respect to age,  Adam is five months older than Bono. And When you get to adulthood, you'll realize that the 14 mos and 19 mos separating Adam from Edge and Larry (respectively) is nothing. Gray hair does not make one "old looking".

Another thing that you'll realize when you grow up to understand what Christianity actually is - it's okay to respect people's beliefs when you know that they have searched their soul. Christianity is about loving everyone regardless of their creed.

Finally, Adam is the member of the band who had a torrid love affair with a genuine supermodel, was arrested for possession, traveled through Afghanistan as a teenager, missed a concert because he was so ****ed up, and has posed nude on an album cover. Once you do all of those, THEN you can call him boring.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 10:04:05 PM by GardenTart (A Harbor in the Tempest) »

Offline jenniferh aka jen

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2011, 09:27:49 PM »
Adam Clayton.

Comments like this from someone so young is very worrying.  :-\

Yes it is. His bass playing may not be everyones liking but he works well with U2. (It takes all four to make U2 what it is) He's also lived a life that a lot of people envy. He's damn good looking for his age, I could go on about other men his age looking pretty bad. And who cares what his religious beliefs are! I'm not a religious person (and non-Christian) and I don't judge others for their beliefs and I'll bet he doesn't either.

Offline MarsGirl

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • The world is spinning fast tonight...
« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2011, 05:05:38 AM »
Nice responses, GardenTart and JenniferH.

I will add that as "old" as these four are, if there were any guys running around here (not-famous) who looked like any of them, I would most definitely seek to date them.... And the members of U2 are a good 13 years older than ME. Unfortunately, "real men" (ie, the ones I can date because they are not famous) my age dont even look as good as the members of U2... They have only gotten better looking with age... which isnt always the case....

Offline linasd

• Up With the Sun
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVJ72g6fMyw
« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2011, 05:18:53 AM »
not surprised to see the edge has no votes

There I fixed that for you.  ;D

Hey, who voted for Edge!?  >:(

He is perfect! Or is that why you don't like him? Because you're jealous?  :P ;) ::) :D

You did? :S

Offline AchtungPiano

• Elevated
  • I'm too lazy to change this photo
« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2011, 10:40:28 AM »
well it asked for my least favorite, and I supplied my answer with reasoning!  ::)

I'm sorry if I offended any Adam fans, he's just far less talented then Bono, Edge and Larry. I know other bass players, and they would agree that Adam is an OK bassist, but nowhere near other famous ones.

the Jonas Brothers comment was a little harsh though.  :P

Offline trlica

• Holy Joe
« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2011, 12:02:43 PM »
Adam Clayton.

I really have to comment this.
First, I couldn't believe that somebody who is a part of this Forum can say something like that about a U2 member  >:(  :'( :'(

GT said it right, the subject is "Least Favorite Band Member" not the "worst"!! When you make a poll for somebody here it should mean that you still like him, but he is on number 4 in the band not that he is not good.
Without Adam, U2 would not be U2!! Everybody knows that. U2 consists of all four of them; Bono, Edge, Larry and Adam, and they are U2 the band because of who we are all here. You can like someone of them more or less, of course you can like someone more or less (I am still talking about U2) but this is not the way how you say that, the way you did.
And this is also not poll about their religions, you can not say anybody to be religious or not, it is his/her own matter and this is not up to you!!
You cannot blame anybody about his religion, his looking, or his way of playing. That other members of the band have something about his playing they would do something. He is a part of this group and U2 wouldn't be U2 without Adam.

I think that here you offended all Adam girls, Adam fans, Adam too, and U2 in general!!

Offline Droo

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • don't expect, suggest
« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2011, 12:21:09 PM »
Larry.

He holds the band back from doing experimental stuff and evolving. He adheres to tradition and is entirely too grumpy. He publicly despises some of my favourite U2 songs/periods.

Extremely disappointed to see Adam in first place. He's a great bassist, and is just a really funny and cool guy. I like him almost even more than Bono.

Also, disliking someone because of their religion not matching your own is positively medieval. This is why many people don't like Christians. The ones who act superior than non-Christians and who treat non-Christians as less deserving of respect and dignity give Christians who aren't like that (ie me) a bad name.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 12:24:52 PM by Droo »

Offline EnduringChill

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2011, 02:54:52 PM »
Suddenly I love you, Trlica and GardenTart.

An Cat Dubh

« Reply #55 on: February 23, 2011, 02:58:18 PM »
Adam Clayton.
NOT COOL.

Dude, if you think that any member of U2 is "as talented as Jonas Brother" then you should not be on this forum. As several people have already said, this poll is not about "who is the worst member", it is "who is your least favorite" - implying that as a true U2 fan, each member is already a favorite. I am not going to lecture you on how integral each member of the group is, and how U2 is not one member but a sum of the parts because you obviously don't get it. But I will ask you this - where exactly would this band be without Adam dedicateding the first few years of his career to promoting the band while the othe boys were still in school?

Both Flea and Adam are critically acclaimed. But there are a lot of people who think that Flea's bass style is the same funk over and over again. So don't be claiming that Flea is the be-all-end-all of bass players. But if you're going to comapre Adam's 30+ year career to Franz Ferdinand, then you really don't get it.

With respect to age,  Adam is five months older than Bono. And When you get to adulthood, you'll realize that the 14 mos and 19 mos separating Adam from Edge and Larry (respectively) is nothing. Gray hair does not make one "old looking".

Another thing that you'll realize when you grow up to understand what Christianity actually is - it's okay to respect people's beliefs when you know that they have searched their soul. Christianity is about loving everyone regardless of their creed.

Finally, Adam is the member of the band who had a torrid love affair with a genuine supermodel, was arrested for possession, traveled through Afghanistan as a teenager, missed a concert because he was so ****ed up, and has posed nude on an album cover. Once you do all of those, THEN you can call him boring.

Great post. His original post upset me too (hence my very short comment about something like this coming from someone so young)

An Cat Dubh

« Reply #56 on: February 23, 2011, 02:58:41 PM »
Adam Clayton.

I really have to comment this.
First, I couldn't believe that somebody who is a part of this Forum can say something like that about a U2 member  >:(  :'( :'(

GT said it right, the subject is "Least Favorite Band Member" not the "worst"!! When you make a poll for somebody here it should mean that you still like him, but he is on number 4 in the band not that he is not good.
Without Adam, U2 would not be U2!! Everybody knows that. U2 consists of all four of them; Bono, Edge, Larry and Adam, and they are U2 the band because of who we are all here. You can like someone of them more or less, of course you can like someone more or less (I am still talking about U2) but this is not the way how you say that, the way you did.
And this is also not poll about their religions, you can not say anybody to be religious or not, it is his/her own matter and this is not up to you!!
You cannot blame anybody about his religion, his looking, or his way of playing. That other members of the band have something about his playing they would do something. He is a part of this group and U2 wouldn't be U2 without Adam.

I think that here you offended all Adam girls, Adam fans, Adam too, and U2 in general!!

See my above post.

An Cat Dubh

« Reply #57 on: February 23, 2011, 03:03:32 PM »
well it asked for my least favorite, and I supplied my answer with reasoning!  ::)

I'm sorry if I offended any Adam fans, he's just far less talented then Bono, Edge and Larry. I know other bass players, and they would agree that Adam is an OK bassist, but nowhere near other famous ones.

the Jonas Brothers comment was a little harsh though.  :P

Apology accepted  :)

However, are you talking musicianship here when you talk about talent? If so, Adam has more talent in his little toe than Bono has ever had. Bono is good at being the face and voice of the band (some will I'm sure disagree) but as a front man, he is right up there with the best of them. However, he has no musical talent, Edge eats him for breakfast at guitar playing, and Larry would make a better drummer than Bono even if he had no arms.  :D :D :D
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 03:16:16 PM by Zoost »

Offline MarsGirl

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • The world is spinning fast tonight...
« Reply #58 on: February 23, 2011, 03:12:02 PM »
Geesh. Do we have to compliment members of U2 by insulting others? Now you've offended a Bonogirl. Good grief. Bono has a great voice! His music instrument is his voice. U2 would need him because he's extroverted and vocal where the others tend to be quieter. Bono is as he says--a travelling salesman who sells the music of his band to the world.

Stop making points by ripping on other band members! They all have their own talents and, matched together, they are the superpower that they are!

An Cat Dubh

« Reply #59 on: February 23, 2011, 03:15:16 PM »
Geesh. Do we have to compliment members of U2 by insulting others? Now you've offended a Bonogirl. Good grief. Bono has a great voice! His music instrument is his voice. U2 would need him because he's extroverted and vocal where the others tend to be quieter. Bono is as he says--a travelling salesman who sells the music of his band to the world.

Stop making points by ripping on other band members! They all have their own talents and, matched together, they are the superpower that they are!

Now read my post above. Its worded tongue in cheek, I forgot to put the smiley there.

FYI MarsGirl, Bono is my hero. He has been since 1983. I think he has a fantastic voice, and, even as a guy, he has brought me to tears on MANY occasions through his words and singing. Oh, and he is very intelligent, I have met him on many occasions.

Sorry if I offended you.