Author Topic: The u2.com petition is here; The Fanclub is a Cannibal - u2.com, fans need more  (Read 18027 times)

Offline MelicansMatkin

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • Matkin from U2Gigs
Not sure about anyone else, but I'll be sending my original letter, a copy of the petition, and my copy of Duals to Principle Management in the mail as soon as it is received.

Offline soapit

• Precious Stone
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Not sure about anyone else, but I'll be sending my original letter, a copy of the petition, and my copy of Duals to Principle Management in the mail as soon as it is received.

i'll probably do something like this too. good to get everyone doing it with maybe a printout showing the number of sigs.

do you have a good address to send it to?

Offline whitewave

• Child of Grace
  • she's the wave,she turns the Tide
For some reason I thought the address for Principle was actually included in liner notes.  But not sure.

Offline soapit

• Precious Stone
ok everyone, time for one final effort.

i have the email address

info@numb.ie

i have the address

Paul Mcguiness/Paul Hewson/David Evans/Adam Clayton/Larry Mullen
c/o Principle Management
30-32 Sir John Rogerson's Quay
Dublin 2, 11111
Ireland

i will be printing a copy of the petition will all the signatures and posting it (along with my duals copy for the record - when it arrives) to the above address and emailing the petition to the link above. i wonder if they will just not send duals out so we cant send it back to them.

please feel free to do the same or something else.

can those people who posted on other forums please update them with the addresses and suggest they use them.

seems like there is a bit more planned by u2.com already but we should make sure its not just a few crumbs thrown our way for a short term fix so lets try to get it as high up as we can. this means actually addressing it to a band member or paul mac as this means it can legally be opened by them or an authorised representative (i think). probably wont get actually to them but would likely get closer then if it were just addressed to U2. i reckon anyway.

cheers guys. one final push. any other ideas please post.

streetmission

I posted the addresses on the free side of U2.com.  If someone could do it on the subscriber side as well as Interference, etc. that would be great.

Also, this is what I posted.  I think it sums things up nicely so feel free to copy it and spread it around if you wish  8):

"All right, so we have over 1,600 signatures now!  Time for one final push!

The plan is to email and/or mail the petition to Principle Management.  If you are a member and would like to send "Duals" back to them I know some of us will be doing that.  You can download the petition with all of the signatures in .pdf format and attach it to an email or print it out (it's over 60 pages long!).  Here's the web address for the petition again:

Here are the addresses for Principle Management:

info@numb.ie

Paul Mcguiness/Paul Hewson/David Evans/Adam Clayton/Larry Mullen
c/o Principle Management
30-32 Sir John Rogerson's Quay
Dublin 2, 11111
Ireland

Spread the word, everyone!  We want to bombard them with copies of the petition to help influence change!  It looks like we have their attention right now with the possibility of streaming future U2 concerts, but we want that to be a beginning of greater change and not just a bread crumb!"

Offline soapit

• Precious Stone
reads real good. ta

edit: just posted your text on the paid section of u2.com

please if anyone notices the address is wrong please pipe up. i just got it from the net. i found it in a few places so fairly confident but a check would be appreciated from smart people.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 07:35:04 PM by soapit »

Offline Chrisedge

• Wanderer
Why would any of you that are complaining have a copy of Duals to send?

Why did you re-up if you weren't happy?

As I have said all along, vote with your wallet. Most of you didn't. If you really wanted to impact them, their membership falling 50% would have gotten their attention.

Offline soapit

• Precious Stone
mine doesnt expire until later this year. i wont be resubscribing but i'm still expecting to get a copy of duals to send back.

it seems you've made the mistake of assuming everyone elses situation is the same as yours.

Offline Chrisedge

• Wanderer
mine doesnt expire until later this year. i wont be resubscribing but i'm still expecting to get a copy of duals to send back.

it seems you've made the mistake of assuming everyone elses situation is the same as yours.

I see a bunch of folks compaining, yet STILL GIVING THEIR MONEY TO SOMETHING THEY PETITION AGAINST.

Not sure how you think I am assuming every else is in same situation as me, since I've said from the start of this, I am re-subscribing, and I encourged anyone that thought it was a rip off to just vote with their wallet and not re-subscribe. Lots of hypocrisy here since folks b****, yet re-sign up.

Offline JamietheEdgefan

• Child of Grace
  • Infinity's a great place to start!
I don't think anyone involved with this petition is saying they're gonna re-subscribe?  ???
And fyi, we did brainstorm the idea of a mass boycott (unsubscribing), but a lot of people throughout u2 fan-sites did not want to do that/were still happy to sign the petition/thought it was hypocritical for people pushing the petition, who weren't members presently (like me), to ask people to unsubscribe.
So... yeah, a boycott isn't really as easy as it seems (although i agree it would be the most effective form of protest).

Offline soapit

• Precious Stone

I see a bunch of folks compaining, yet STILL GIVING THEIR MONEY TO SOMETHING THEY PETITION AGAINST.

Not sure how you think I am assuming every else is in same situation as me, since I've said from the start of this, I am re-subscribing, and I encourged anyone that thought it was a rip off to just vote with their wallet and not re-subscribe. Lots of hypocrisy here since folks b****, yet re-sign up.

you were assuming that everyone has had to resubscribe to get the cd which isnt the case. see below.

Why would any of you that are complaining have a copy of Duals to send?

Why did you re-up if you weren't happy?

i've stated my situation and i'd wager a lot of people are in a similar situation to me. again, my money was given towards the end of last year before the cd content was announced. dont know what everyone elses situation involves but it really doesnt matter, i dont think wanting better value yet still subscribing are necessarily mutually exclusive. i definitely think people dont need to defend their motives for doing so.

you've done what you think is best (not resubscribing but not telling them why). i do think this is kinda like when someone is obviously annoyed about something but when asked what's wrong says "if you dont know I'M not going to tell you" leaving you to guess what the problem is. not too helpful for anyone. but i'm no expert, we all have to decide the best way for to get through these situations and i'm sure your just doing what you think will get the best result and noone can hassle you for that.

so to sum up.

1. i dont think you see what you think you see
2. even if you see what you think you see, what you see, when seen by others, seems like the best option to them and is presumably seen by them as more likely to get a good result than your silent approach (presumably or they would have gone your way). tho maybe you should try insulting people some more and they might come around.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 06:42:47 PM by soapit »

Offline Miami66

• Airborne Ranger
  • The goal is soul
forgetabouthim... he's probably from u2start ::) ::)

Offline JamietheEdgefan

• Child of Grace
  • Infinity's a great place to start!

:D

Offline soapit

• Precious Stone

forget about who?

Offline Miami66

• Airborne Ranger
  • The goal is soul

forget about who?

I see whatcha did there