Author Topic: The u2.com petition is here; The Fanclub is a Cannibal - u2.com, fans need more  (Read 18030 times)

Offline Miami66

• Airborne Ranger
  • The goal is soul
ok guys I've got some bad news, U2 Start is shredding the thread. Nobody there makes any sense, they said they won't sign the petition but they aren't paying for it anymore??? I guess the end results is the same but whatever.. I think the U2 mafia has moved from Interference to U2Start ::)

Offline soapit

• Precious Stone
no worries, if people don't agree with it then i they shouldn't sign it. if any changes eventuate as a result i'm sure they'll enjoy them regardless.

Offline whitewave

• Child of Grace
  • she's the wave,she turns the Tide
I am sure it will have some impact, but speaking simply via not renewing does also. ;)

Offline soapit

• Precious Stone
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I am sure it will have some impact, but speaking simply via not renewing does also. ;)

don't get me wrong, i'm not going to renew, but its like when you have an argument with someone, you can just be cranky and try and make them guess whats wrong or you can clearly and calmly say whats wrong and how it can be fixed. for me this usually gets a better, quicker result for everyone.

but yeah obviously everyone can do what they themselves feel is the best, most appropriate course for them.

Offline whitewave

• Child of Grace
  • she's the wave,she turns the Tide

don't get me wrong, i'm not going to renew, but its like when you have an argument with someone, you can just be cranky and try and make them guess whats wrong or you can clearly and calmly say whats wrong and how it can be fixed. for me this usually gets a better, quicker result for everyone.

but yeah obviously everyone can do what they themselves feel is the best, most appropriate course for them.
oh- don't get me wrong.. I signed the petition..  just saying' "money makes the world go round"

Offline gnmmet

• Numb
  • Your love is like a secret it gets passed around
I don't know what exactly they are smoking over there, but it's got to be some pretty strong stuff.  But if people don't agree with it, they shouldn't sign it.

But what might help is if we could put a link to this on the atu2 homepage.  More people go there than visit the forum.

Offline JamietheEdgefan

• Child of Grace
  • Infinity's a great place to start!
I'm quite surprised at how aggressively the u2start people shot down the idea. If they don't agree with it, that's one thing, but to say it's "pathetic" and to "get a grip" makes me think they're either cranky about the idea that they've wasted money, or they haven't thoroughly read through our argument.
What frustrated me was that at the same time as acknowledging that u2.com sucks, they seem to be content to make snide comments about how tired of petitions they are...
I was surprised that some people were even saying that it's something we don't have a right to complain about, or that u2.com will eventually 'catch up'... i have a feeling they just didn't take the argument seriously, regardless of whether they agreed with it or not.

Interference had relatively more support, and people who stated they wouldn't sign at least gave adequate answers as to why. U2start just seemed bizarre...  ???

Offline JamietheEdgefan

• Child of Grace
The argument "If you're not happy, don't pay" annoys me too... are we not within our rights to want better service for our money? And do they not realise that many of us already feel cheated out of our money?
Being promised an exclusive CD for $50 and being given something available on itunes is just dishonest.
Ah well, i'm ranting now...

Offline Miami66

• Airborne Ranger
  • The goal is soul
The argument "If you're not happy, don't pay" annoys me too... are we not within our rights to want better service for our money? And do they not realise that many of us already feel cheated out of our money?
Being promised an exclusive CD for $50 and being given something available on itunes is just dishonest.
Ah well, i'm ranting now...

I agree course they are severely blinded if they think that U2start forum is the best of them all ::) ::) This one is definitely the best.

Offline JamietheEdgefan

• Child of Grace
Definitely  ;D

Offline Miami66

• Airborne Ranger
  • The goal is soul
its taking all of my will power not to go back on there and cuss them all out about how backwardsass their frame of mind is.  >:(

Offline JamietheEdgefan

• Child of Grace
You know, half of me thinks it might be a good idea if you try and reason with them... explain how we just want a better service, how we've already been cheated, how cool it would be to have concert bootlegs...
But considering how adamant they were about just being rude, i think it might be a lost cause... what do you think?

Offline Miami66

• Airborne Ranger
  • The goal is soul
You know, half of me thinks it might be a good idea if you try and reason with them... explain how we just want a better service, how we've already been cheated, how cool it would be to have concert bootlegs...
But considering how adamant they were about just being rude, i think it might be a lost cause... what do you think?

I agree re: lost cause plus they'll just say "we've got all the boots we want right here" ::)

Offline Miami66

• Airborne Ranger
  • The goal is soul
bob plays the drums is a traitor

-bobplaysthedrums-

bob plays the drums is a traitor

Miami66 - If you haven't looked at U2Start one last time.

You say that I am a traitor. I still love @U2, I honestly think it's a great website because of all of the news articles, either written by you guys or from a newspaper or magazine around the world. I was just shocked that you and a few others wrote those things about what people said on U2Start. Just because the U2Start community don't want to sign your petition, it doesn't mean that you all can act like that about it.

This is no U2Start vs @U2 fight. They are both wonderful websites for different reasons.