Author Topic: Message from U2.COM  (Read 15698 times)

Offline XXXU2XXX

• Babyface
  • beLIEve
Message from U2.COM
« on: March 03, 2011, 01:26:42 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline eddyjedi

• Elevated
Re: Message from U2.COM
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 02:02:28 PM »
Damn right. Can they send me a new wide awake in Europe too? Make an additional numbered one just for me, mine isn't worth a carrot thanks to Crazy tonight jumping.

Offline Jono

• Running to Stand Still
  • Nice job by #MoteeShoe
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2011, 02:34:59 PM »
"We are sometimes beaten to the draw with news stories - that's because we have no choice but to only run confirmed information. We are the official word."

So the fact that Paul Mc's quote about the May release is not in the news on U2.com...then it is certainly not official-
Sarcastic and Serious at the same time :)

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2011, 02:56:12 PM »
Some issues raised hit hard, particularly about 'Duals' because a lot of work went into it.
Yeah, they made a playlist. Big woop.

And it's fair to say that if you've been following the band continually since the very early days, you might have collected these tracks, but for everyone else, there's some great music here and we're glad to hear you're looking forward to receiving the CD.
Most, if not all, people who subscribe to U2.com are die hards who already have the tracks. And if you're not a die hard, you still wouldn't give a rat's butt about Duals.

We are sometimes beaten to the draw with news stories - that's because we have no choice but to only run confirmed information. We are the official word.
First of all, they always are beaten to the draw. Second, they are bearly the official word. @U2 and other sites are obviously much better.

Also, we'd like to clarify that subscribers are always first in line for tickets

Because we're die hard fans.

and our allocation is reserved to ensure we get the widest choice in a venue

Sure, whatever.

I say that little responce isn't good enough. And notice they're too wimpy to put this on the main page, they post it on Zootopia instead.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 02:59:26 PM by Starman (Boycott Duals) »

Offline JasontheJedi

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2011, 02:58:36 PM »
Starman, you beat me to the punch. Oh well. This is also my response to their response:

Some issues raised hit hard, particularly about 'Duals' because a lot of work went into it.

First off, "a lot of work" is flat out lie.

If that hurt their feelings, well boo hoo hoo, cry me a freaking river.

I might as well take a crap on a plate, charge $50 for it, then get upset when people aren't impressed.

Also, we'd like to clarify that subscribers are always first in line for tickets and our allocation is reserved to ensure we get the widest choice in a venue.

That's interesting. When I got tickets through the u2.com presale, and then checked for tickets right when public tickets on sale, there were better tickets available to the public. Oh, and some people I know got better tickets than me through credit card presales. And those presales started at the same time as the u2.com presale.

If we get a tour date or set list track wrong or mislabel a lithograph - genuine mistakes - we'll check and correct it.

Yes, mistakes happen. I forgive mistakes!

the first 5000 times...

So we're going to investigate all of your concerns, including customer service.

The cynic in me sees a generic response.

Thanks for your great response to that and thanks for raising these issues.

What they are telling us here is, "I pray this response will be enough and that all of you will go away."

Offline linasd

• Up With the Sun
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVJ72g6fMyw
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2011, 03:06:48 PM »
I like the hard work part. If they consider that hard work I want their job. :D

Offline The Exile

• Up With the Sun
  • It's all ball bearings nowadays.
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2011, 03:11:01 PM »

It took a lot more hard work to write our petition than it did to come up with the Duals track list. In fact, it took more work writing this post.

Offline JasontheJedi

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2011, 03:14:44 PM »

It took a lot more hard work to write our petition than it did to come up with the Duals track list. In fact, it took more work writing this post.

It was definitely harder to make the poop platter I referenced earlier.

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2011, 03:24:36 PM »
Jason's post is epic!

Offline NOLA Fly

• Staring at the Sun
  • Feel like trash, You make me feel clean...
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2011, 03:56:59 PM »
I believe U2.com actually thinks we're all retarded.  How hard can it be to take previously released tracks and make a playlist out of them?  Millions of people do it in iTunes every day.  I agree with the previous posts.  This response means nothing. 

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2011, 04:02:19 PM »
I believe U2.com actually thinks we're all retarded.  How hard can it be to take previously released tracks and make a playlist out of them?  Millions of people do it in iTunes every day.  I agree with the previous posts.  This response means nothing. 

:D

Offline linasd

• Up With the Sun
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVJ72g6fMyw
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2011, 04:02:57 PM »

Yeah, their response kinda felt like a parent speaking to you like you still were five years old.

Offline Crewboy

• Stateless
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2011, 04:06:11 PM »
That reeked of "let's post something quick to shut up the masses before the band finds out".

Anybody that meets the band on the upcoming North American leg should mention how crappy an idea Duals was along with all the other issues fans have with the site.

I guarantee you the band would be "HUH"....as I'm sure they don't know how bad it truly has gotten.

Offline TheFlyMacphisto

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2011, 05:18:47 PM »
What a snarky response! Who are they kidding?

Do they actually think someone who puts down $50 for a fan club membership that doesn't really offer that much is just a casual fan? Come on U2.COM, get real!

Can we now as fans double our efforts and prepare phase two, because I agree that this is a response to take care of this situation quickly and quietly. I implore everyone here to blow up U2.COM's e-mail box with some dissatisfied responses.

Man, Larry would be pi**ed if he was fully aware of this...

In fact, can we just fire the current staff and put him in charge?

Offline Monicalea

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I don't care, I'm claiming it!
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2011, 05:32:27 PM »
I find that response cynical, condescending and insulting.