Author Topic: Message from U2.COM  (Read 15699 times)

Offline TheFlyMacphisto

• Headache in a Suitcase
Re: Message from U2.COM
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2011, 05:40:47 PM »
Agreed. I am e-mailing U2.com right now and I suggest you do the same.

Who the hell is running that site?

Offline Monicalea

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I don't care, I'm claiming it!
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2011, 05:43:05 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Agreed. I am e-mailing U2.com right now and I suggest you do the same.

Who the hell is running that site?

What email address would that be?

Offline TheFlyMacphisto

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2011, 05:59:13 PM »
info@numb.ie

If that doesn't work, go to their "contact us" section and send them a message in their "suggestion box".

Offline briscoetheque

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2011, 06:04:44 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Oh, that was just the sound of U2.com missing the point entirely. Bunch of f****** idiots.

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2011, 06:05:26 PM »
 :D

Offline linasd

• Up With the Sun
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVJ72g6fMyw
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2011, 06:06:08 PM »
 :D

Offline Monicalea

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2011, 06:07:36 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Oh, that was just the sound of U2.com missing the point entirely. Bunch of f****** idiots.

Brisco, if you tell me that you are also a Xena fan on top of everything else I will absolutely die!

Offline JamietheEdgefan

• Child of Grace
  • Infinity's a great place to start!
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2011, 06:10:10 PM »

I don't think it's that they're stupid. I think it's that they're very unwilling to actually make concessions, and are hoping that with this message of acknowledgment, purposefully missing the point, and making a phoney pledge to do something about it, that the protest will die down.
Well, they're mistaken, we have every intention of continuing this protest until we see results.

Offline horizon

• Elevated
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2011, 06:12:59 PM »
And it's fair to say that if you've been following the band continually since the very early days, you might have collected these tracks, but for everyone else, there's some great music here and we're glad to hear you're looking forward to receiving the CD.

What?

Come on U2.com, Actually fix these.

Offline Jono

• Running to Stand Still
  • Nice job by #MoteeShoe
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2011, 06:16:55 PM »
After reading it again, it was rather insulting...

So, why don't we all just cancel?
I've been a member since day 1, but my March renewal has not been paid and it may not be...

It's easy to see there is plenty of information out here on the web about our beloved U2, especially with our fav's like @U2. So, even with an 'official word' web site we still would go searching EVERYWHERE. The only advantage is the presale for me...and perhaps if they streamed ALL live shows-
And as far as the presale, even that wasn't always easy as we all know-

I was so hoping for a better repsonse from them, this was pretty much an insult as mentioned-
Didn't Adam's bro Sebastian Clayton originally set up their web-site? Let's tweet the boy!

Offline horizon

• Elevated
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2011, 06:19:40 PM »

I've been a member since day 1, but my March renewal has not been paid and it may not be...

It's easy to see there is plenty of information out here on the web about our beloved U2, especially with our fav's like @U2. So, even with an 'official word' web site we still would go searching EVERYWHERE. The only advantage is the presale for me...and perhaps if they streamed ALL live shows-

I was so hoping for a better repsonse from them, this was pretty much an insult as mentioned-
Didn't Adam's bro Sebastian Clayton originally set up their web-site? Let's tweet the boy!

YES!!!!! I'm not a member but do it.

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2011, 06:22:38 PM »

He has a Twitter? Let's tweet!

Offline JamietheEdgefan

• Child of Grace
  • Infinity's a great place to start!
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2011, 06:26:58 PM »

Jono, i'm glad you feel as passionately about this as i do! If you want to initiate an actual mass-boycott, as a member who can personally unsubscribe and get in touch with other paid members, you're in a great position to do it.
However, can i request that you propose/initiate it in the boycott thread in the general u2 discussion thread? If we are to see results from u2.com, we need everyone to be organised together so that we are as effective in protesting as possible!  :)

Offline Jono

• Running to Stand Still
  • Nice job by #MoteeShoe
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2011, 06:34:48 PM »
copying and pasting now... 8)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 08:49:48 PM by Jono »

Offline Monicalea

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2011, 06:37:09 PM »

Jono, i'm glad you feel as passionately about this as i do! If you want to initiate an actual mass-boycott, as a member who can personally unsubscribe and get in touch with other paid members, you're in a great position to do it.
However, can i request that you propose/initiate it in the boycott thread in the general u2 discussion thread? If we are to see results from u2.com, we need everyone to be organised together so that we are as effective in protesting as possible!  :)

I think they completely forgot just who U2 fans are. Like the band member themselves, we are involved types who live to protest and champion a good cause. I think that's what I find most insulting.