Author Topic: Very interesting TOUR rumor/news.....No Australasia/ Audience interaction.  (Read 8998 times)

Offline Nagrom99

• Numb
  • I'm 25, trying to stay alive.....
1.  Steve basically said that touring will be very different this time around due to family commitments. Stadium tour of US a definite with shows on Thurs, Fri and Sat nights only. Extensive European tour as well but no shows in Asia / Australia.

Steve also said that the set design is 'massive'. Basically, the biggest development in concert going since Zoo TV. Its fairly radical and involves audience interaction.

This makes me very excited!!!!

2.  Thats the story I'm afraid. Steve said that the scale of the show was too big to justify Australasia.

Part of the audience interaction is to do with texting and crowd video content that you can submit prior to going to a show. You'll be able to upload a video to u2.com. The audience video is then used in the visuals for the show. Steve said the concept was to extend Zoo TV which drew on TV content from around the world - this is the fans content. Real life. They envisage fans making the soundbites / visuals this time around. Willie is going to be busy!!!

Also, Steve said the tour is not called after any of the songs on the album but a lyric of one of the songs.

p.s.....Thanks Joe.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 05:27:16 AM by Nagrom99 »

Offline thijst

• Wanderer
Re: Very interesting TOUR rumour/news.....No Australia/ Audience interaction.
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2009, 01:39:46 PM »
What "Steve" are we talking about?

What's the source?

Sounds cool though!

Offline Nagrom99

• Numb
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2009, 01:40:15 PM »
Steve is ex-Universal. I can't really say any more but it would be a fair assumption that my mate may work in Universal and / or have taken over Stev Matthews old job....

All of the above info is coming from the source not me (nagrom).
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 02:06:56 PM by Nagrom99 »

Offline Bads316

• Elevated
  • Ain't nothin' but a muffin
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2009, 01:42:06 PM »
LET ME IN THE SOUND TOUR! makes sense after reading that

Offline Nagrom99

• Numb
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2009, 01:46:08 PM »
Cockatour?

Offline Dream Out Loud

• Child of Grace
  • I'm Wide Awake....I'm Not Sleeping
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2009, 01:52:22 PM »
"LET ME IN THE SOUND TOUR! makes sense after reading that"

damn straight.  i've been saying that ever since the day Boots came out.

Offline evel12314

• Elevated
  • Squeeze out sparks of light.
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2009, 02:05:24 PM »
Sounds awesome! And slightly intimidating  :o

Steve ;D

Offline sneaky neil

• Stateless
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2009, 02:09:25 PM »
I don't like the name "Let Me In The Sound Tour". That sounds lame and gimmicky. I like the one/two word tours like "Vertigo Tour", "Elevation Tour", "Zoo TV". The actual ideas sound good though and U2 never dissappoints on the tour so we can rest easy.

However, I don't like the sound of the "limited tour". It looks like dates for the US will be limited to a handful in only the most major cities which means a ton of traveling and money if people want to catch more than one show. I feel bad for Australia for totally getting shafted, especially since they have proven to be very U2 friendly.

The worst part of this is that it seems that this might be the start of a more limited U2. No longer will U2 go on large worldwide tours like they used to. No longer will they put albums out at any normal interval (they really haven't for awhile but it keeps getting worse). No longer will they be able to dedicate the time to U2 as they once did. They all seem to be devoting more time to activities outside U2. I don't mean to make a negative out of a positive but it does seem troubling. I hope this is nothing though.

Offline Nagrom99

• Numb
Re: Very interesting TOUR rumor/news.....No Australia/ Audience interaction.
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2009, 02:14:43 PM »
Just a reminder....this is just a rumor.  I can't believe they won't hit Australia at some point. 
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 02:20:54 PM by Nagrom99 »

Offline CiscoJP

• Stateless
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2009, 02:19:22 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I don't like the name "Let Me In The Sound Tour". That sounds lame and gimmicky. I like the one/two word tours like "Vertigo Tour", "Elevation Tour", "Zoo TV". The actual ideas sound good though and U2 never dissappoints on the tour so we can rest easy.

However, I don't like the sound of the "limited tour". It looks like dates for the US will be limited to a handful in only the most major cities which means a ton of traveling and money if people want to catch more than one show. I feel bad for Australia for totally getting shafted, especially since they have proven to be very U2 friendly.

The worst part of this is that it seems that this might be the start of a more limited U2. No longer will U2 go on large worldwide tours like they used to. No longer will they put albums out at any normal interval (they really haven't for awhile but it keeps getting worse). No longer will they be able to dedicate the time to U2 as they once did. They all seem to be devoting more time to activities outside U2. I don't mean to make a negative out of a positive but it does seem troubling. I hope this is nothing though.

I think you're reading way too much into this rumor. I wouldn't panic until an official announcement comes out...  ;)

Offline Loose Electricity

• Wanderer
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2009, 02:23:59 PM »
Is it possible that they do a large stadium leg and then a smaller scalled down arena leg. I hope that happens because i don't want to have to travel to LA to see a show.

An Cat Dubh

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2009, 02:25:32 PM »
"Let Me In The Sound" tour could have some weight to it if these rumors are true - audience participation, video downloads etc - ie. letting us into the U2 sound????

Offline sneaky neil

• Stateless
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2009, 02:27:30 PM »

I think you're reading way too much into this rumor. I wouldn't panic until an official announcement comes out...  ;)

True. I keep forgetting that it just a rumor at this point.

Offline Nagrom99

• Numb
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2009, 02:27:33 PM »
I think you may be onto something Zoo.  It still sounds ridicoulous though...too long.

An Cat Dubh

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2009, 02:32:56 PM »
I think you may be onto something Zoo.  It still sounds ridicoulous though...too long.

Hey Nagrom, yes it is too long a name imho. I also have a sneaky feeling that it could end up being the 'Sexy Boots' Tour. But of course, like all of us, I have only heard one song in its entireity, so it's difficult to look beyond any line outside of the song Boots just yet.
With all these runors flying around, I have a prediction that a band announcement will be made within the next couple of weeks regarding the tour.
Does all sound exciting though doesn't it?  ;)