Author Topic: Very interesting TOUR rumor/news.....No Australasia/ Audience interaction.  (Read 8399 times)

Offline mwozniak

• Babyface
Re: Very interesting TOUR rumor/news.....No Australasia/ Audience interaction.
« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2009, 01:50:52 PM »
Good to hear, I've been leaning towards leaving, but I just needed to hear someone else say it! I have to admit I'm surprised the tickets cost so much for certain cities last tour - in Ottawa, I got two $50 GA tickets - from the box office.

Offline Bono in Bonolands

• Numb
Re: Very interesting TOUR rumor/news.....No Australia/ Audience interaction.
« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2009, 02:08:41 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Of course, sorry SJ. Not a matter or self-absorption, just not thinking about NZ (or any other country for that matter, frankly that's perfectly natural). I was thinking about this in the car today that there are a hell of a lot of countries that miss out all the time. The nice thing is that neither aus or NZ are stuck down here alone - hopefully the proximity of the two countries makes the prospects of a tour a little more likely. Not
Thanks Matty. Yeah, I growled at Aussies there, but it's not just you guys - when the Australasian leg of the Vertigo tour was postponed in 2006, almost every American or British article on @U2's home page talked about "Australia" having to wait. I think some people really do think New Zealand is an Australian state linked to the mainland by the Sydney harbour bridge. 8)

Under British Law, New Zealand is still considered a state of Australia. The legislation has never been changed.

Offline spacejunk

• Wanderer
  • Please don't ever let me out of you
« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2009, 02:20:14 PM »
Of course, sorry SJ. Not a matter or self-absorption, just not thinking about NZ (or any other country for that matter, frankly that's perfectly natural). I was thinking about this in the car today that there are a hell of a lot of countries that miss out all the time. The nice thing is that neither aus or NZ are stuck down here alone - hopefully the proximity of the two countries makes the prospects of a tour a little more likely. Not
Thanks Matty. Yeah, I growled at Aussies there, but it's not just you guys - when the Australasian leg of the Vertigo tour was postponed in 2006, almost every American or British article on @U2's home page talked about "Australia" having to wait. I think some people really do think New Zealand is an Australian state linked to the mainland by the Sydney harbour bridge. 8)

Under British Law, New Zealand is still considered a state of Australia. The legislation has never been changed.
Yeah, but the only times Aussies usually invoke that law is when someone like Neil Finn or Martin Crowe is born.  ;)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 02:28:02 PM by spacejunk »

• Numb
« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2009, 03:03:47 PM »

Yeah, but the only times Aussies usually invoke that law is when someone like Neil Finn or Martin Crowe is born.  ;)

We love our kiwi mates. God, they beat us at sport all the time. You are right, we steal all their bands and actors and everyone else. Without the extensive influence of New Zealand, Australia wouldn't be half as good a country as it is. My sister in law is a kiwi and I was over there last year. Took a trip from the Bay of Islands down to Christchurch. Brilliant! Loved it.

Offline spacejunk

• Wanderer
« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2009, 06:12:25 PM »
Does your sister-in-law have a phone number? Oh, that's right - I'm married. I guess she is too.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 06:16:40 PM by spacejunk »

Offline Nagrom99

• Numb
  • I'm 25, trying to stay alive.....
« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2009, 06:15:07 PM »
As a golf junkie, NZ's new crop is some of the best, although Australia has Royal Melbourne.

Offline spacejunk

• Wanderer
« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2009, 06:18:09 PM »
Hey, Nagrom. Thanks for changing the topic headline, dude. Nice gesture.

Offline Nagrom99

• Numb
  • I'm 25, trying to stay alive.....
« Reply #52 on: February 06, 2009, 06:28:39 PM »
No problem mate..you ask, I listen.  Plus, I'm Canadian.  We tend to care what everyone else on earth thinks about us...not sure why.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 06:30:39 PM by Nagrom99 »

Offline Joe90usa

• Airborne Ranger
  • Dragons Rule! Catfish Drool.
« Reply #53 on: February 06, 2009, 09:26:04 PM »

We love our kiwi mates. God, they beat us at sport all the time. You are right, we steal all their bands and actors and everyone else. Without the extensive influence of New Zealand, Australia wouldn't be half as good a country as it is. My sister in law is a kiwi and I was over there last year. Took a trip from the Bay of Islands down to Christchurch. Brilliant! Loved it.

The Kiwis head to Aussie to make it big and then Aussie claims them as their own if they go on to world fame. Aussie can have Russell Crowe.   :P

Offline spacejunk

• Wanderer
« Reply #54 on: February 06, 2009, 09:39:19 PM »
Wouldn't want to be heading to Melbourne at the moment - the heatwave and forest fires are frontpage headlines over here. Stay indoors and have lots of ice blocks.

• Numb
« Reply #55 on: February 07, 2009, 03:45:41 AM »
47oC today.

Hell could not be hoter.

Still the pool was cool.

Offline TheFlyingLemon

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
« Reply #56 on: February 07, 2009, 03:48:42 AM »
How was it eh?

• Numb
« Reply #57 on: February 07, 2009, 05:16:37 AM »
My friend lost his house in the fires.

He stayed to fight it so in some ways he was lucky.

Offline TheFlyingLemon

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
« Reply #58 on: February 07, 2009, 05:19:58 AM »
Thats unfortunate, i've heard reports that about 40 people died from the fires?  :(  ???

• Numb
« Reply #59 on: February 07, 2009, 05:28:16 AM »
6 died in Kinglake which is where his house burnt down...

Imagine being burnt to death..

I guess just losing your house is not so bad.