Poll

Will U2 Start A Brand New Tour For Their New Album Or Will They Continue With The Claw?

Brand New Tour
3 (12.5%)
Continue With 360 Tour
21 (87.5%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: Will U2 Start A New Tour For Their New Album?  (Read 1273 times)

Offline A_Fly_On_The_Wall

• Deep In the Heart
  • Doing My Best Work In Your Disbelief Of Existence
Will U2 Start A New Tour For Their New Album?
« on: March 12, 2011, 09:09:13 AM »
If U2 do release their new album in May, how will they promote it? Will they start a brand new tour to support their album, or will they continue with their 'spaceship' tour but just include songs from their new album?

Personally, I love the 360 tour. But it began by promoting No Line On The Horizon. So surely it would make sense to begin a brand new tour for a brand new album wouldn't it?

I think that the 360 tour will end in the US and they will wait a couple of months before releasing the new album to give them a break from being on tour. The chances are that we won't see a new U2 album for serveral months after Glastonbury, but I hope it gets released in May like it has been said.

Thoughts?

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I won't pay the usual fee
Re: Will U2 Start A New Tour For Their New Album?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2011, 09:18:28 AM »
Well, I think it's highly likely that if U2 release a new album during the 360 tour they will simply incorporate it into 360.  I mean, this tour has been going on for so long, it's already gone from being a NLOTH tour to a greatest hits tour, and so why wouldn't it serve as a new album tour.

Offline U2_fan8 [aka U28]

• Acrobat
  • If there is a light, don't let it go out
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2011, 09:21:54 AM »
They'll stick with 360, incorporating any songs from the May album into the set. Why would they stop with the Claw? They've already invested millions of dollars and a LOT of time into constructing it, then transporting it across the world, they wouldn't quit with such a big production so soon.

Offline The Unknown Caller

• Holy Joe
  • TORIIIIIINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2011, 09:31:18 AM »
The Zooropa example is pretty clear. And that was an instance where the new album and the old album didn't have that much in common and the majority of the old album hd essentially nothing to do with the very very loose tour 'theme' - which I suspect may all be true of this as well.

Offline theocean

• Genius of Compression
  • The songs are in your eyes
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2011, 11:56:34 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Well, I think it's highly likely that if U2 release a new album during the 360 tour they will simply incorporate it into 360.  I mean, this tour has been going on for so long, it's already gone from being a NLOTH tour to a greatest hits tour, and so why wouldn't it serve as a new album tour.

Greatest hits tour? Do you think they are trying to ease out of the music world???

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I won't pay the usual fee
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2011, 12:54:20 PM »

Greatest hits tour? Do you think they are trying to ease out of the music world???

When you take a cursory look at the set-lists on recent legs you can hardly call it a NLOTH tour.  Can you?

Offline U2-obsessed and proud

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • Let The Rain come down, make a brand new ground
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2011, 02:30:09 PM »
Well considering the fact that there are tour dates scheduled past May, it looks like they'll continue with 360 :P

Offline YellowLedbetter

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2011, 08:07:01 PM »

Greatist Hits tour simply means that the band is not focusing on promoting their most recent album. And for a band of U2's longevity, there certainly would be no shame in them touring just for the sake of touring. NLOTH was released two whole years ago, and the songs didnt communicate very well live, anyway

Offline Miami66

• Airborne Ranger
  • The goal is soul
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2011, 09:36:37 AM »
well they spent a butt-load of money on the claw so I would assume that they would use it for the last 2 months ???