Author Topic: Joshua Tree National Park  (Read 1141 times)

Offline bonedaddy

• Stranger in a Strange Land
Joshua Tree National Park
« on: March 16, 2011, 12:50:09 PM »
I understand the "Real Tree" is in Death Valley, but does anyone have any tips on things to do/see at the National Park east of Palm Springs? We'd be entering from the south entrance.

u2dreamoutloud

Re: Joshua Tree National Park
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2011, 06:45:43 AM »
go there by sunset or shortly before and look for a field of joshua trees and wait for the sun to set and listen. did this and it was the most quiet place i've ever been - beautiful. and then we drove out in the dark, the trees just lighted by our headlights. spooky-lovely.

on a clear day you can almost see mexico from the southern part of the park. drive up to the north, the jumbo rocks are pretty nice. leaving the park up north (western entrance) you're not far from the harmony motel - place to see ;)

the actual tree died in 2000 or 2002. there is now a plate with a sketch of the tree asking you: have you found what you're looking for?

Offline Georgia

• Elevated
  • Contradiction is Balance
Re: Joshua Tree National Park
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2011, 06:29:39 PM »
I was in Joshua Tree National Park just a month ago.  It's so beautiful. Make sure you go by Keys View (the highest point in the park).  You can see Palm Springs, the Coachella Valley, the Salton Sea and the San Andreas Fault from there.  And stop by the visitor's center to ask the park rangers about what to see in the park.