Poll

Will the setlist change substantially from the 2010 360 setlist for US Leg 2011?

No major changes at all
23 (39%)
Major changes only if a new album comes out
18 (30.5%)
Major changes regardless of whether a new album comes out
3 (5.1%)
Fairly big changes with no new album; much bigger changes with one
15 (25.4%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Author Topic: Setlist changes for US Leg 2011  (Read 10158 times)

Offline gnmmet

• Numb
  • Your love is like a secret it gets passed around
Re: Setlist changes for US Leg 2011
« Reply #60 on: March 31, 2011, 07:03:57 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
According to Willie's diary;

There are several new show ideas in the works, six of which were on the agenda for the afternoon's discussion. The most precious to me are the remixes of Magnificent and Even Better Than the Real Thing

:o :o :o

I hope it's the Falke Mix from Artificial Horizon.

Offline gnmmet

• Numb
  • Your love is like a secret it gets passed around
« Reply #61 on: March 31, 2011, 07:05:44 AM »
By the way someone mentioned earlier that Willie ruled out Fez-Being Born in one of his diaries.  Can anyone find that post?

Offline The Unknown Caller

• Holy Joe
  • TORIIIIIINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
« Reply #62 on: April 03, 2011, 04:35:35 AM »
He didn't specifically rule it out, but he definitely implied it. He talked about how it was a waste that Fez wasn't in the show, then said he suddenly came to the realisation that you didn't need Being Born to have Fez. It doesn't exactly look good for its chances.

Incidentally, Willie pretty clearly signals that The Unforgettable Fire won't be back on this tour in his newest entry;

Even Better Than the Real Thing was an absolute staple of the ZooTV and PopMart tours, then kind of fell off the map. Songs do that periodically. For reasons it's hard to put a finger on, a once-great song just goes cold, or at least just stops working quite as well as it used to.  I've learned to go with this and not to try too hard to push against it - songs have a life of their own somehow, and it's probably wise to follow their flow rather than impose your own inappropriate will onto them. It was truly wonderful to have The Unforgettable Fire as a nightly regular for the first year of this tour but then again, for no readily discernable reason, it just lost that loving feeling 

He also utterly disproved the myth jick has been peddling about how the band need WEEKS to ever even contemplate or relearn a song, as he reveals that they had never even rehearsed the new mix of EBTTRT (and, let's not forget, hadn't played the original in a decade) before the day of the show, and decided to put it in at the very last minute.

Offline Droo

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • don't expect, suggest
« Reply #63 on: April 03, 2011, 09:16:46 AM »
Please let the Magnificent remix be like the Fred Falke dance remix.

Six new ideas? I sure hope Zooropa and Drowning Man are on that list.

My predictions:

1. In A Little While dropped, replaced with Stay.
2. No Line On The Horizon brought back.
3. Every Breaking Wave resurrected, full band.
4. Zooropa or Being Born to be played after the Fez interlude after Miss Sarajevo.
5. Magnificent remix performed live.
6. Drowning Man debuts.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 12:03:37 PM by Droo »