Author Topic: U2 are Over!  (Read 15676 times)

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
Re: U2 are Over!
« Reply #165 on: April 01, 2011, 02:59:07 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Around the time of Passengers I began fantasizing about a "psychedelic ambient" sit-down U2 show played in old beautiful theatres like The Paramount here in Seattle (for those who haven't been there, go online and look at some pictures of its interior).  I pictured the band beautifully playing no "hits" at all, but a mixture of their trippier and more experimental, instrumental, and ambient (slow?) songs in front of a very psychedelic and constantly-changing image screen...with Brian Eno along for the ride.  The fantasy set list went something like this, with new additions of more recent work I thought would fit nicely (I'll leave it to others to decide on a song order):

Zooropa       
United Colors         
Always Forever Now       
Slug         
Your Blue Room       
A Different Kind Of Blue
Beach Sequence       
Miss Sarajevo     
One Minute Morning   
Theme From Let's Go Native     
Love Is Blindness
Grace     
The Ocean     
Hallelujah (Here She Comes)     
Discotheque (Howie B Hairy Version)
Alex Descends Into Hell (For A Bottle Of Milk)       
Exit       
Race Against Time     
The Ground Beneath Her Feet
Stateless       
Cedars Of Lebanon       
Scarlet     
If You Wear That Velvet Dress     
Heartland   
Smile     
Tomorrow
Promenade   
Love Comes Tumbling     
Bass Trap       
4th Of July       
Drowning Man

wow thats a nice setlist. Exit would sure wake the audience up after all the songs preceding it. Take Smile out and i'm on board

Offline The Exile

• Up With the Sun
  • It's all ball bearings nowadays.
« Reply #166 on: April 01, 2011, 03:07:31 PM »
Around the time of Passengers I began fantasizing about a "psychedelic ambient" sit-down U2 show played in old beautiful theatres like The Paramount here in Seattle (for those who haven't been there, go online and look at some pictures of its interior).  I pictured the band beautifully playing no "hits" at all, but a mixture of their trippier and more experimental, instrumental, and ambient (slow?) songs in front of a very psychedelic and constantly-changing image screen...with Brian Eno along for the ride.  The fantasy set list went something like this, with new additions of more recent work I thought would fit nicely (I'll leave it to others to decide on a song order):

Zooropa       United Colors         Always Forever Now       Slug          Your Blue Room       A Different Kind Of Blue

Beach Sequence        Miss Sarajevo      One Minute Morning    Theme From Let's Go Native      Love Is Blindness

Grace      The Ocean       Hallelujah (Here She Comes)     Discotheque (Howie B Hairy Version)   Drowning Man

Alex Descends Into Hell (For A Bottle Of Milk)       Exit       Race Against Time     The Ground Beneath Her Feet

Stateless       Cedars Of Lebanon       Scarlet      If You Wear That Velvet Dress      Heartland    Smile      

Tomorrow (Common Ground Mix)         Promenade       Love Comes Tumbling        Bass Trap       4th Of July        

I'd prolly trade all the shows I've been to in order to attend that one! Well, except Sarajevo.

Offline mysterious ways

• Stateless
  • Everything you know is wrong
« Reply #167 on: April 01, 2011, 04:56:23 PM »
I don't like this topic. U2 are over? What's this B.S.? Are you all fool? U2 will never be over. They have a lot of things to teach to young bands and they will always rule!! Never say "U2 are over"!!!!!!!!

Offline MarsGirl

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • The world is spinning fast tonight...
« Reply #168 on: April 01, 2011, 08:22:19 PM »
I don't like this topic. U2 are over? What's this B.S.? Are you all fool? U2 will never be over. They have a lot of things to teach to young bands and they will always rule!! Never say "U2 are over"!!!!!!!!

+ 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Offline Miami66

• Airborne Ranger
  • The goal is soul
« Reply #169 on: April 01, 2011, 08:26:53 PM »
Around the time of Passengers I began fantasizing about a "psychedelic ambient" sit-down U2 show played in old beautiful theatres like The Paramount here in Seattle (for those who haven't been there, go online and look at some pictures of its interior).  I pictured the band beautifully playing no "hits" at all, but a mixture of their trippier and more experimental, instrumental, and ambient (slow?) songs in front of a very psychedelic and constantly-changing image screen...with Brian Eno along for the ride.  The fantasy set list went something like this, with new additions of more recent work I thought would fit nicely (I'll leave it to others to decide on a song order):

Zooropa       
United Colors         
Always Forever Now       
Slug         
Your Blue Room       
A Different Kind Of Blue

Beach Sequence       
Miss Sarajevo     
One Minute Morning   
Theme From Let's Go Native     
Love Is Blindness
Grace

The Ocean     
Hallelujah (Here She Comes)     
Discotheque (Howie B Hairy Version)
Alex Descends Into Hell (For A Bottle Of Milk)       
Exit       
Race Against Time     
The Ground Beneath Her Feet
Stateless       
Cedars Of Lebanon       

Scarlet     
If You Wear That Velvet Dress     
Heartland   
Smile     
Tomorrow
Promenade 

Love Comes Tumbling     
Bass Trap       
4th Of July       
Drowning Man

zzzz....snore

This thread's still going??

Offline Midnight is Where the Day Begins

• Genius of Compression
  • Oh it's time, it's time, it's IeTOUR time!!
« Reply #170 on: April 01, 2011, 09:08:35 PM »
Around the time of Passengers I began fantasizing about a "psychedelic ambient" sit-down U2 show played in old beautiful theatres like The Paramount here in Seattle (for those who haven't been there, go online and look at some pictures of its interior).  I pictured the band beautifully playing no "hits" at all, but a mixture of their trippier and more experimental, instrumental, and ambient (slow?) songs in front of a very psychedelic and constantly-changing image screen...with Brian Eno along for the ride.  The fantasy set list went something like this, with new additions of more recent work I thought would fit nicely (I'll leave it to others to decide on a song order):

Zooropa       United Colors         Always Forever Now       Slug          Your Blue Room       A Different Kind Of Blue

Beach Sequence        Miss Sarajevo      One Minute Morning    Theme From Let's Go Native      Love Is Blindness

Grace      The Ocean       Hallelujah (Here She Comes)     Discotheque (Howie B Hairy Version)   Drowning Man

Alex Descends Into Hell (For A Bottle Of Milk)       Exit       Race Against Time     The Ground Beneath Her Feet

Stateless       Cedars Of Lebanon       Scarlet      If You Wear That Velvet Dress      Heartland    Smile      

Tomorrow (Common Ground Mix)         Promenade       Love Comes Tumbling        Bass Trap       4th Of July        

That would be incredible.