Author Topic: U2-Give us a definitive answer!  (Read 573 times)

Offline bonofaninaustin

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Time leaves us polished stones
U2-Give us a definitive answer!
« on: March 26, 2011, 08:32:35 PM »
I am so tired of the members of U2 and their managment being unable to give a definitive answer about the future of the tour. Edge's answer to the question about whether there will be any shows after North America is so ambiguous...

"I think we're probably gonna pack up the U2 claw after the American shows. I doubt if -- but you can never say never. But right now, if you wanted my opinion, I'd say that that will be the end."

Give us a definite YES or NO like PG did in 2010 when he said there would be no other UK shows other than Glastonbury.  >:(

Offline ryanm

• Staring at the Sun
Re: U2-Give us a definitive answer!
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2011, 08:36:31 PM »
They can't because they legitimately don't know.  Anything can change.  Edge gave an answer of what will probably happen.  He, nor anyone else, can give you a definitive answer.  If he does, and then they end up changing their mind later, they'll be labeled as liars.

They have a plan right now, but the plan can change at any time.  That's life.

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I won't pay the usual fee
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2011, 08:48:03 PM »
A friend of mine used to be a prison officer and he told me that if a prisoner asks you something and you aren't a 100% certain of the answer then you tell them that you'll find out and let them know.  If you ever give a quick answer then the prisoners will hold you to it, so you have to be absolutely certain of eveything you say otherwise if you're wrong or mistaken, things can become very tense and they will have it in for you.  

Maybe that's how U2 should proceed in future. ;D

« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 08:57:02 PM by Tumbling Dice »

Offline jick

• Precious Stone
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2011, 09:12:08 PM »
U2 always want to leave things open-ended for the sake of discussion.

Just like Bono's lyrics which are intentionally vague so that a song describing a particular person or event can be interpreted to have a universal meaning.

Cheers,

J