Author Topic: I Heard A U2 Song On The Radio Today  (Read 279427 times)

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • Im born again to the latest sound
Re: I Heard A U2 Song On The Radio Today
« Reply #2760 on: November 28, 2016, 10:15:17 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses on Lithium this afternoon. ❤

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

we must listen to the same channels... I have Lithium, Spectrum and 1stWave as my 3 semi-dedicated music stations.

I got Streets on 1st Wave the other day, followed, amusingly, by M's Pop Muzik...

;)

I get so tickled when I hear the U2ietour preshow songs right before or right after a U2 song. Happens more often than you'd think. ;)

I am thoroughly enjoying Sirius and I do listen to the three stations you mentioned as well as regular radio, but I am still a channel surfer at heart. I like new music too, so I listen to Alt Nation and sometimes Sirius XMU. I do hear U2 on several Sirius stations and often hear their non "hit" songs on Deep Tracks and Lithium.

I really don't think that U2 needs its own station so far.  :D

**Apologies for how BIG those radio station pics are that I like to post. I had no idea since I'm mostly viewing the forum from my phone.

Offline tigerfan41

• Child of Grace
  • 2017 Concerts: Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Detroit
« Reply #2761 on: November 28, 2016, 11:00:52 PM »

we must listen to the same channels... I have Lithium, Spectrum and 1stWave as my 3 semi-dedicated music stations.

I got Streets on 1st Wave the other day, followed, amusingly, by M's Pop Muzik...

Same, except I sometimes swap Spectrum for Classic Tracks. I listen to 1st Wave or Lith mostly, though.

I did hear Where The Streets Have No Name on Classic Tracks tonight.

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
« Reply #2762 on: November 28, 2016, 11:07:24 PM »

Same, except I sometimes swap Spectrum for Classic Tracks. I listen to 1st Wave or Lith mostly, though.

Nice!

Yes! Classic Rewind too. :)

Offline SlyDanner

• Precious Stone
  • A white dope on punk staring into the flash.
« Reply #2763 on: November 28, 2016, 11:40:48 PM »

Nice!

A colleague of mine and I drove to Portland from Seattle a few weeks ago.  We're about the same age - mid 40s.  We had Lithium on the entire time.  I warned Todd that every 4th or 5th song was likely going to be Pearl Jam.  Lithium did not disappoint.   8)

The funniest comment he made was "they should call this station 'Songs Todd listened to every day in college.' "  It was a high compliment.  Very funny.

Offline tigerfan41

• Child of Grace
« Reply #2764 on: November 29, 2016, 11:53:43 AM »

Nice!

A colleague of mine and I drove to Portland from Seattle a few weeks ago.  We're about the same age - mid 40s.  We had Lithium on the entire time.  I warned Todd that every 4th or 5th song was likely going to be Pearl Jam.  Lithium did not disappoint.   8)

The funniest comment he made was "they should call this station 'Songs Todd listened to every day in college.' "  It was a high compliment.  Very funny.

;D Lith plays a lot of PJ, Soundgarden, and Nirvana. Those three probably account for 40-50% of the music played on Lith alone. I actually have a 90s playlist (140 songs deep) and it's literally all stuff that might be played on Lith at one point or another. Great trip down memory lane, even though I was a small kid when most of these came out (older siblings listened to this stuff, though).

Couldn't remember if it was Classic Tracks or Classic Rewind, but CR sounds right!

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
« Reply #2765 on: November 30, 2016, 07:05:41 PM »
Yesterday on a 40 minute commute -
Angel of Harlem
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
Where The Streets Have No Name
I Will Follow

Then as soon as I got in the car to go home -
Trying To Throw Your Arms Around the World on The Loft

Today on the same 40 minute commute -
Red Hill Mining Town on 1st Wave
U2 Bad (Live) on Deep Tracks
With or Without You on local station
Mysterious Ways on local station

Offline jenniferh aka jen

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
« Reply #2766 on: November 30, 2016, 10:43:27 PM »
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses on Lithium this afternoon.

Nice!

;D Lith plays a lot of PJ, Soundgarden, and Nirvana. Those three probably account for 40-50% of the music played on Lith alone. I actually have a 90s playlist (140 songs deep) and it's literally all stuff that might be played on Lith at one point or another. Great trip down memory lane, even though I was a small kid when most of these came out (older siblings listened to this stuff, though).

Couldn't remember if it was Classic Tracks or Classic Rewind, but CR sounds right!

Are you talking about Deep Tracks? Jim Ladd played one of the other live versions of Bad tonight. I like to listen to that channel because they hardly play the hits! I've heard Three Sunrises on that channel, as well as on 1stWave.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
« Reply #2767 on: November 30, 2016, 10:47:30 PM »

Nice!

Are you talking about Deep Tracks? Jim Ladd played one of the other live versions of Bad tonight. I like to listen to that channel because they hardly play the hits! I've heard Three Sunrises on that channel, as well as on 1stWave.

I heard that Bad live on Deep Tracks tonight. I don't know own where it was recorded. It had a very long ending.

I Heard A U2 Song On The Radio Today
« Reply #2768 on: November 30, 2016, 10:48:30 PM »
I have 36 preset channels on my car radio. I have 12 dedicated to local terrestrial stations and the other 24 are satellite stations. 1stWave, Lithium, Altnation-my top three-Spectrum, Pulse, Classic Rewind, 80's, 90's, Comedy Central....  I do have Symphony Hall on there too because I love classical music.

Can I just say that I am not a fan of Madison, and now I'm not a fan of Sluggo. Why did Lithium think they needed to add dj's?

Offline podiumboy

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #2769 on: December 01, 2016, 04:10:04 AM »
In my area we have very few radio stations.  A couple country stations, some 70's - 80's pop variety, and CLASSIC ROCK.  The semi I drive for work is older (early 90's) and only has an FM radio, so I have to listen to the classic rock station a lot.  Their playlist is mostly music like Ozzy, ACDC, Rush, Led Zep, Floyd, etc.  They NEVER played U2, until just recently after the iHeart festival (they are an iHeart Radio station).  Always just the 80's hits, but that's a step in the right direction.  Yesterday I heard SBS, Streets and Desire on there.

Offline tigerfan41

• Child of Grace
« Reply #2770 on: December 01, 2016, 05:49:05 PM »

Nice!

Nope, that one was definitely on Classic Rewind. I haven't listened a ton to Deep Tracks, but I can remember them playing So Cruel one time. It surprised me. I've heard a lot of different U2 songs on 1st Wave as well.

Also agreed that DJs on Lith are completely unnecessary. I just want to hear music on Satellite radio, no need to hear commentary.

« Reply #2771 on: December 01, 2016, 10:25:45 PM »
In my area we have very few radio stations.  A couple country stations, some 70's - 80's pop variety, and CLASSIC ROCK.  The semi I drive for work is older (early 90's) and only has an FM radio, so I have to listen to the classic rock station a lot.  Their playlist is mostly music like Ozzy, ACDC, Rush, Led Zep, Floyd, etc.  They NEVER played U2, until just recently after the iHeart festival (they are an iHeart Radio station).  Always just the 80's hits, but that's a step in the right direction.  Yesterday I heard SBS, Streets and Desire on there.

You need to move

Offline Belisama

• Original of the Species
« Reply #2772 on: December 04, 2016, 04:01:26 AM »
Beautiful Day in the grocery store

Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)-- finally

Offline imaginary friend

• Airborne Ranger
  • the vaccine for your wack scene
« Reply #2773 on: December 04, 2016, 07:39:39 AM »
"Red Hill Mining Town" on a local station, about 45 minutes ago.

Offline Marvinho

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #2774 on: December 05, 2016, 02:26:13 AM »
I called in the Co-op the other day for some groceries and as I walke din "Baby Please Come Home" started up. Well, it is December.