Author Topic: SPOILER: Official Estadio Morumbi, Sau Paulo, Set-List; 10th April 2011  (Read 25882 times)

Offline Jono

• Running to Stand Still
  • Nice job by #MoteeShoe
Re: SPOILER: Official Estadio Morumbi, Sau Paulo, Set-List; 10th April 2011
« Reply #450 on: April 12, 2011, 10:01:11 AM »
I think it will be played in NA and it is part due to the fact that there new album (to be released in Juntember) is set to have this 'sound'.
"Uncertainty can be a guiding light"

Offline JamietheEdgefan

• Child of Grace
  • Infinity's a great place to start!
« Reply #451 on: April 12, 2011, 11:17:52 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I think it will be played in NA and it is part due to the fact that there new album (to be released in Juntember) is set to have this 'sound'.

Come on dude, no way there's gonna be an album this autumn, right after the tour ends (unfortunately)  :(
However, i think this increases the odds of zooropa or other curveballs in NA, because there will be a lack of new material (dropped NLOTH songs, and dropped newer songs), and i'd suspect the NA crowd will want a fresh set list.

Offline MarsGirl

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • The world is spinning fast tonight...
« Reply #452 on: April 12, 2011, 11:20:11 AM »

Come on dude, no way there's gonna be an album this autumn, right after the tour ends (unfortunately)  :(
However, i think this increases the odds of zooropa or other curveballs in NA, because there will be a lack of new material (dropped NLOTH songs, and dropped newer songs), and i'd suspect the NA crowd will want a fresh set list.

Wow!! I never thought I'd see the day that JamieTheEdgefan lost all hope in a new album. LOL!!

Offline Jono

• Running to Stand Still
  • Nice job by #MoteeShoe
« Reply #453 on: April 12, 2011, 01:09:22 PM »
album/ep...something will come before years end-
~POSITIVE VIBE~

Offline JamietheEdgefan

• Child of Grace
  • Infinity's a great place to start!
« Reply #454 on: April 12, 2011, 02:41:29 PM »

Wow!! I never thought I'd see the day that JamieTheEdgefan lost all hope in a new album. LOL!!

These must be dark times we are heading into  :(  ;)
Seriously though, the window of opportunity for an album has long since passed.
But hey, might as well be optimistic: A small EP (along the lines of the window in the skies/saints are coming thing for the vertigo tour) is certainly plausible - they certainly have the songs, and an EP doesn't have that 'new album pressure'. And hey if we want to be REALLY optimistic, maybe Edge's comments about "not knowing where we are right now"  are completely fake, and they're gonna do a radiohead and release a full album 5 days before the NA leg  ;)

Offline Gravy11

• Running to Stand Still
  • On borderland we run and don't look back!
« Reply #455 on: April 12, 2011, 03:59:13 PM »

If someone would've showed me this list on June 29, 2009, I would've officially pooped the bed! This setlist is one of the best I've seen in years! I'm still hoping that someone with talent was recording this show. I've read the back and forth with the crowd's reaction and here's my thoughts...In countires that don't get U2 each tour, they are shell-shocked at the tunes they don't know 100%. "Zooropa" in the US will be huge and the funny thing....those little Irish SOBs snuck in "Out of Control" without so much as a rumor. How awesome was that!!! Show me this setlist in the New Meadowlands if it's not asking too much. I'll even deal with "IALW".  ;) - Great show! Absolutely great fricken show!!!  :-*

I think we are all forgetting U2's reluctance to play anything from this album in the United States. Except for Stay and The First Time, basically the album has never been played in the United States.  it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if they don't play Zooropa in the US at all.

You also need to take into account, and correct me if my dates are off, but didn't "Zooropa" come out after the Zoo TV tour was done with he US? Didn't it come out for the Zooropa/Zoomerang legs of Zoo TV? They played "Zooropa" on the Zoomerang leg no (Dirty Day, Numb, etc.)?

Offline Droo

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • don't expect, suggest
« Reply #456 on: April 12, 2011, 04:05:05 PM »

If someone would've showed me this list on June 29, 2009, I would've officially pooped the bed! This setlist is one of the best I've seen in years! I'm still hoping that someone with talent was recording this show. I've read the back and forth with the crowd's reaction and here's my thoughts...In countires that don't get U2 each tour, they are shell-shocked at the tunes they don't know 100%. "Zooropa" in the US will be huge and the funny thing....those little Irish SOBs snuck in "Out of Control" without so much as a rumor. How awesome was that!!! Show me this setlist in the New Meadowlands if it's not asking too much. I'll even deal with "IALW".  ;) - Great show! Absolutely great fricken show!!!  :-*

I think we are all forgetting U2's reluctance to play anything from this album in the United States. Except for Stay and The First Time, basically the album has never been played in the United States.  it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if they don't play Zooropa in the US at all.

You also need to take into account, and correct me if my dates are off, but didn't "Zooropa" come out after the Zoo TV tour was done with he US? Didn't it come out for the Zooropa/Zoomerang legs of Zoo TV? They played "Zooropa" on the Zoomerang leg no (Dirty Day, Numb, etc.)?

Correct. Only Stay and The First Time have been played from the Zooropa album in North America.

Offline Gravy11

• Running to Stand Still
  • On borderland we run and don't look back!
« Reply #457 on: April 12, 2011, 04:11:05 PM »

Correct. Only Stay and The First Time have been played from the Zooropa album in North America.

Funny, two of my best U2 memories are "Zooropa" songs:

1) The version of "Stay" at the 2nd Meadowlands show in 2009 (Wow, 2009? Really?) where Bono went rogue and wandered around like a puppy without a leash looking for the words he had forgotten. Hey, he's human afterall!!

2) I went with my wife to two shows at MSG in NYC on the Vertigo tour and in one of the encores, Bono and the Edge came out and did an acoustic "First Time". I think it hit home with me because at the time, I was at training down in Philly so I took a train to the show after the workday was over. I got there just in time to grab a slice with my wife (ah, romance) and run into see the show. After the show, we went back to my house and got in a little after 1am. We hit the sack and woke up at 3am. Just in time to catch a train back to Philly where I had to endure 10 hours of training. It was not pretty.

Offline MarsGirl

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • The world is spinning fast tonight...
« Reply #458 on: April 12, 2011, 04:37:31 PM »
Sao Paulo 2 is now available on u2start. And let me just say that Zooropa sounds SWEEEEEEEEET!!!!! I need to experience this song live!!!

Offline Jono

• Running to Stand Still
  • Nice job by #MoteeShoe
« Reply #459 on: April 12, 2011, 05:24:03 PM »
I unfortunately can't listen to it...as some of you know, I gave up listening to U2 for lent-

I CAN'T WAIT to hear Zooropa!!

Offline Miami66

• Airborne Ranger
  • The goal is soul
« Reply #460 on: April 12, 2011, 06:23:32 PM »

I was gonna say this :D :D :(