Author Topic: The Plan 2011: A month of Bono  (Read 98148 times)

Offline theocean

• Genius of Compression
  • The songs are in your eyes
Re: The Plan 2011: A month of Bono
« Reply #105 on: April 16, 2011, 02:28:02 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Not much else to post. I named this file "conked out."

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Eek! In the second one Faris posted... I love that hand-over-the-mouth posture... and the one below it so LARGE... I love your pics!

thats where all you hear is Edge's guitar and Adams bass and Larrys drum doing
Into The Heart...gives me goosebumps everytime, all these years.

Offline Monicalea

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I don't care, I'm claiming it!
« Reply #106 on: April 16, 2011, 05:41:56 PM »
No narration here, just enjoy the pics and where your mind wanders is between you and your conscious.

You should know by now that I have no conscience when it comes to Bono.

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #107 on: April 16, 2011, 07:08:38 PM »
I have not had much of a chance to get in this thread. It is wonderful  ;D

That shot of Bono above by our staffer Sherry Lawrence was amazing too!

I didn't get the opportunity to post on the day Faris did Bono's favorite organizations and causes. (RED) is certainly high on my list. I just wanted to add that in 2002  when Bono made a trip to Africa and met AIDS activist and nurse , Agnes Nyamayarwo, she was not well as she was HIV positive. When Bono learned that she lost her husband and sons to AIDS but still went from village to village to educate people about the disease, he paid for her and some of the ladies where she lived to get ARV drugs that were not available to them. The rest they say is history. He was inspired by Agnes to start ONE. He took her on the Heart of America Tour to show Americans the real faces of AIDS. So I would like to add Agnes' Mulago Positive Women's Network to the list. Even though it is not an official Bono org. , he made it possible for the ladies to be healthy enough to continue their work there and he has given them his blessing. So I will just add this to Faris' topic. Thanks!

Offline Belisama

• Original of the Species
« Reply #108 on: April 16, 2011, 07:56:41 PM »
SG, thanks for stopping by. . . . we were hoping you would host a day dedicted to the Unholy Trinity or Lypton Village?

Offline MarsGirl

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • The world is spinning fast tonight...
« Reply #109 on: April 17, 2011, 12:10:56 AM »
So it's Sunday (the wee hours of it) and I'm sitting here in my pjs after a furious writing session (no, not slash, real fiction :P). I should be in bed because I have to greet at a 9:30am service tomorrow today and I was planning on riding my bike 50 miles to train for a 210 mile ride I'm doing in May, buuuuutttt.... I realize my responsibilities to this thread and I do not take them lightly.

So, without further ado, I gave you Purple Bono Day!!!

After all those wonderful posts about Bono's humanitarian acts, I feel a bit shallow and pervy. But, I suppose, it's someone's task to break all the seriousness with a little drooling. As you all are aware, my favorite color is purple, and so I'm sitting here in my purple patterned pjs, typing with fingers on which the nails are painted purple, contemplating all the beautiful aspects of Bono when he dons purple (also see my new AVI--yeah, that Sailor Mars one I had earlier lasted all but one day).

A man who can sport a traditionally female color is hot in my books. And Bono sports those non-traditionally male colors SO WELL. So let us appreciate Bono in all his purple-clad glory, shall we?

First, let's get this out of the way... I know you all hate this shirt, but I effing LOVE it.

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Come on, he just wants to give us a hug...

Offline MarsGirl

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #110 on: April 17, 2011, 12:19:36 AM »
Okay, here comes the PURPLE BOMB. (Can you tell I'm so wired right now??)

Purple shades....

Seriously, if I saw him in this shirt, I'd collapse.

Tongue??

Why don't I have a bigger one of this?!

That should be Mars Girl there.

Okay, breathe. It's his neck.

I almost see.... nip....? :o :o

The man has some big hands...

GAH!!

My new fancy AVI:

Who put these watermarks all over my lead singer?!?!  >:(

Offline MarsGirl

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #111 on: April 17, 2011, 12:21:23 AM »
Now that we're all in a purple haze, I invite you to post any pictures of Bono in purple that were not posted here (or repost existing ones, what the heck?). Bonus Bono points for hoodies. :P

Offline KezInNZ

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #112 on: April 17, 2011, 12:28:10 AM »
Holy Mother of GUH!

Offline Belisama

• Original of the Species
« Reply #113 on: April 17, 2011, 04:01:52 AM »
MG thanks for hosting today in the thread, great, great pics. How can they not be?

Offline yellowhat

• Numb
  • Between the horses..........literally.
« Reply #114 on: April 17, 2011, 05:01:01 AM »
Hey,I have one to fit the theme!

Offline MarsGirl

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #115 on: April 17, 2011, 06:05:05 AM »
Hey,I have one to fit the theme!

All right!!! Bono in a letterman's jacket from a school whose colors are purple. WINNING.  ;D

Offline MarsGirl

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #116 on: April 17, 2011, 06:06:51 AM »
MG thanks for hosting today in the thread, great, great pics. How can they not be?

I admit that most of these pictures were given to me by 4D. ;) I will gladly add to my collection any other purple Bono pictures people find. ;)

rubygeorge32

« Reply #117 on: April 17, 2011, 08:29:32 AM »
I am definately thankful for the colour purple today  :o  :o
Great pics MG as always  :-*
Deary me i think i need a lie down...

Offline WelshGirl

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #118 on: April 17, 2011, 08:42:13 AM »
**THUD**

Offline WelshGirl

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #119 on: April 17, 2011, 08:45:32 AM »
Ok, I picked myself up off the floor and found some more Bono purple

I LOVE purple. Thanks for a great theme MG  ;D