Author Topic: The Plan 2011: A month of Bono  (Read 101899 times)

Offline Belisama

• Original of the Species
Re: The Plan 2011: A month of Bono
« Reply #855 on: May 07, 2011, 08:05:57 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
so...only a few more days to go.   what're the big plans regarding the next themes?? :)

I have something extra special for tomorrow. ;)

ooh...just in time for a mother's day present!!! can't wait :D

I have had tomorrow's theme planned for a while.

Offline Georgia

• Elevated
  • Contradiction is Balance
« Reply #856 on: May 07, 2011, 10:53:23 AM »
My favorite pic that fits in today's theme:

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Monicalea

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I don't care, I'm claiming it!
« Reply #857 on: May 07, 2011, 12:11:00 PM »
I will be so glad when I get home so I don't have to squint at a tiny phone screen!

Offline singnomore

• Administrator
  • Airborne Ranger
  • These city lights, they shine as silver and gold
« Reply #858 on: May 07, 2011, 12:35:27 PM »
And what was that, Sing? >:(

I'm simply asking people to think about what they are posting

Offline EnduringChill

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #859 on: May 07, 2011, 12:40:52 PM »
And what was that, Sing? >:(

I'm simply asking people to think about what they are posting
Yeah, it musr be annoying to keep everyone in control...

Offline singnomore

• Administrator
  • Airborne Ranger
« Reply #860 on: May 07, 2011, 12:52:01 PM »
EC - its not about 'control' - but the fact is not everyone appreciates the posts - I'll say again I'm simply asking people to be mindful of what they post.

Offline missbigkiss

• Stateless
« Reply #861 on: May 07, 2011, 01:35:11 PM »
Interesting question.

But for me, there wasn't any problem because children are allowed to go to the U2 shows and here are just pics of these shows (already posted, and posted and posted....).

I suppose filters are for website specialized in activities not allowed for children.

« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 01:36:59 PM by missbigkiss »

Offline theocean

• Genius of Compression
  • The songs are in your eyes
« Reply #862 on: May 07, 2011, 02:03:53 PM »
South of the Border....Bels!!!!!!  :D :D :D :D :D

Monica cant see this, she needs it enlarged... :D :D :D

Offline singnomore

• Administrator
  • Airborne Ranger
« Reply #863 on: May 07, 2011, 03:13:09 PM »
Interesting question.

But for me, there wasn't any problem because children are allowed to go to the U2 shows and here are just pics of these shows (already posted, and posted and posted....).

I suppose filters are for website specialized in activities not allowed for children.

Ok 3rd time lucky  :) All I'm asking for is sense checking of some of the posts. As in all these cases not everyone appreciates the pictures close ups etc. As I said to Beli I'm simply asking for some thought. yes these have been posted elsewhere and have been commented on - hence why the we're keeping an eye on things. Its simply a gentle reminder. On that basis I have no doubt you guys will get that balance right.

Offline Farisfan (polished stones)

• Airborne Ranger
  • I'm more than you see here… a body in a soul
« Reply #864 on: May 07, 2011, 05:53:48 PM »
Here is a lovely one, one you don't see as much of--

back to back:
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

side by side:

standing alone:

or swinging alone  ;D:

I always thought it only took two to tango!  (unless you're in a four man band, I guess):

Offline Belisama

« Reply #865 on: May 07, 2011, 06:16:39 PM »
Nice pics faris!

Offline rootedphoenix ~lost in the music~

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • Like socks in the dryer....the lives of my days...
« Reply #866 on: May 07, 2011, 09:20:35 PM »

Ok 3rd time lucky  :) All I'm asking for is sense checking of some of the posts. As in all these cases not everyone appreciates the pictures close ups etc. As I said to Beli I'm simply asking for some thought. yes these have been posted elsewhere and have been commented on - hence why the we're keeping an eye on things. Its simply a gentle reminder. On that basis I have no doubt you guys will get that balance right.

I always just leave if I don't like something. But, still...not everybody has that kind of will. (I'm not trying to be annoying. I'm sure I'm saying it wrong though, forgive me.)

Offline Belisama

« Reply #867 on: May 08, 2011, 02:46:30 AM »
Good morning everyone and Happy Mother's Day!

So of coruse the theme in today's thread must be all about Bono's mother, Iris. Although she passed when Bono was quite young, and still called Paul, she had a temendous influence on his life. It has often been commented that her much too early death left the God-shaped hole in Bono which he still tries to fill to this day.

By all accounts Iris was a lovely woman-- sweet with a sunny disposistion. Very opposite her more serious spouse but nonetheless they appeared well balanced and very much in love. So much that I would be remiss if I also didn't include Bob Hewson in this theme.

Please pass along any imporession or knowledge you may have of Bono and his relationship with his partents. And of course, you can also pay tribute to your own here.

A Beautiful COuple

Iris

The Hewson Family-- Bono really does take after Bob

Offline Belisama

« Reply #868 on: May 08, 2011, 02:50:42 AM »

Offline rootedphoenix ~lost in the music~

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • Like socks in the dryer....the lives of my days...
« Reply #869 on: May 08, 2011, 05:21:55 AM »
:D yay!