Author Topic: The Plan 2011: A month of Bono  (Read 98145 times)

Offline Belisama

• Original of the Species
Re: The Plan 2011: A month of Bono
« Reply #90 on: April 15, 2011, 11:48:28 AM »
Bono and Dorothy Stowe-- he loves all women.

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Farisfan (polished stones)

• Airborne Ranger
  • I'm more than you see here… a body in a soul
« Reply #91 on: April 15, 2011, 01:29:12 PM »
I love how they look like they are having so much fun!  They seem to know how to make even work fun.  :)

Offline EnduringChill

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #92 on: April 15, 2011, 03:50:13 PM »
Well at least I know a little more about the theme today, due to my endless Zoo TV research... I know a little about Sellafield and all...
(But firstly I wanna say to Faris that I checked out that link and found it surprisingly moving. Maybe I need to educate myself further on these causes!)
And here's a performance from the "Stop Sellafield" concert as seen on the bonus disc of Zoo TV... seriously, if I hadn't watched it I'd know nothing about Greenpeace and that particular protest other than a name mentioned.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #93 on: April 15, 2011, 04:07:25 PM »
Which link, EC?

Yes, good bonus clip!!  :)

Offline EnduringChill

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #94 on: April 15, 2011, 04:14:12 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Which link, EC?

Yes, good bonus clip!!  :)
The last one that you posted yesterday...

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #95 on: April 15, 2011, 04:27:56 PM »
Oh, you mean the one about Nima, Accra and what debt cancellation means to them?

Yes, I thought that was a very well written piece. 
It is totally true though-- the funds that come really mean so much.  I don't know if you saw my response to your comment last night (in my thread).  But the cutting of the various aid (in the US and abroad) makes such a big difference.  It truly does.  Ghana has just revolutionized over the last 10-15 years that it is incredible to me how much change has taken place and infrastructure there is here (which wasn't before).  Yes monitoring needs to take place but these funds really do make a difference.

(and an aside-- Nima I guess would be considered a "slum" but in reality, the people (in general) there have nicer houses on the whole (meaning tin roofs that regularly keep out the rain and don't fall down on them) and better and easier access to water in general than many of the rural places in Ghana.  (This is why well-drilling is so important.)  But Nima is definitely a slum in comparison to the rest of Accra-town.  It just struck me when we were last down there a couple of weeks ago though that if one found houses and water availability like that up north, it would be considered pretty nice.

Offline jabw10

• Airborne Ranger
  • I'm more than you know...
« Reply #96 on: April 15, 2011, 08:09:58 PM »
and hey, faris, lil boy j walked by earlier and saw the photo of bono in nima.  he says to me "is that a picture of bono at work or something?"  *teachable moment #333  ;D*  see, the b-man is already at work in the NEXT generation!

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #97 on: April 16, 2011, 03:58:06 AM »
That is so awesome Jab!!!!  That makes my morning!!  :)

Offline Belisama

« Reply #98 on: April 16, 2011, 04:09:20 AM »
It is a rainy sleepy Saturday where I am so I am letting Bono sleep in. Today's Plan theme is napping Bono. No narration here, just enjoy the pics and where your mind wanders is between you and your conscious.

Thanks to Mon's PB for this.

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #99 on: April 16, 2011, 10:28:05 AM »
Have a lovely sleep....  :)

love these pics:

Not asleep but resting

and again not sleeping but Bono and bubbly-- I couldn't resist  ;D

Offline EnduringChill

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #100 on: April 16, 2011, 10:33:02 AM »
D'awww. I named the file for the picture from the Walk On video (in bed asleep) as "sleepy baby." :) Because that's what pops into my head when looking at these pictures. :) So adorable! I want to hug him...
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 11:52:23 AM by EnduringChill »

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #101 on: April 16, 2011, 11:35:36 AM »
I think that is one of my all-time favorites too, EC.

Here's a few more:

Offline Belisama

« Reply #102 on: April 16, 2011, 11:40:43 AM »
faris, I love that you are totally getting into today's theme.

Spannisheyes

« Reply #103 on: April 16, 2011, 11:45:03 AM »
*faints of too much cuteness*

;D

Offline EnduringChill

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #104 on: April 16, 2011, 11:55:16 AM »
Not much else to post. I named this file "conked out."

Eek! In the second one Faris posted... I love that hand-over-the-mouth posture... and the one below it so LARGE... I love your pics!