Poll

Should Zooropa stay in the setlist for all North American dates?

Yes
58 (87.9%)
No
5 (7.6%)
Maybe just a snippet
3 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Author Topic: Spoiler - Should the song that was debuted in Brazil stay in the setlist?  (Read 3481 times)

Offline jenbU2

• Stateless
Re: Spoiler - Should the song debuted in Brazil stay in the setlist?
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2011, 07:45:01 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Whatever keeps In A Little While out of the set I'm all for!

Absolutely!!  ;D
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 06:18:54 AM by singnomore »

Offline EnduringChill

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2011, 08:02:24 PM »
A thousand times yes!
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 06:19:22 AM by singnomore »

Offline miami

• Desert Rose
  • here comes the car chase!
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2011, 03:13:58 AM »
right, the witch-hunt begins now, who voted no? >:(

:D
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 06:19:59 AM by singnomore »

satellitedog01

« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2011, 03:14:57 AM »
The ghost of Joey Ramone, he wants IALW back...
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 06:20:21 AM by singnomore »

Offline miami

• Desert Rose
  • here comes the car chase!
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2011, 03:25:55 AM »

i honestly think joey's love of the song is the only reason u2 gave it so much exposure this tour.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 06:20:46 AM by singnomore »

Offline xm

• Babyface
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2011, 04:34:14 AM »
right, the witch-hunt begins now, who voted no? >:(

:D

Probably Jick haha
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 06:21:18 AM by singnomore »

Offline singnomore

• Administrator
  • Airborne Ranger
  • These city lights, they shine as silver and gold
I've gone for maybe - I like its inclusion though must admit i see it more of an opener as per ZooTv itself. If it meant staying for a bit and then being replaced by another rarely played live song then i could live with that!  ;D

As an aside - guys - can I point you all  to a very clearly displayed thread started by SG around labelling threads as Spoilers and no song titiles in tour threads. Your co-operation is much appreciated!  ;D

« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 06:51:43 AM by singnomore »

Offline julesport

• Holy Joe
  • Free yourself to be yourself...
I voted maybe just a snippet..... I'm thrilled they played a new song but I'm not attached to the song Zooropa..... I enjoyed hearing it but if it stays or goes really makes no difference to me....

Offline Gravy11

• Running to Stand Still
  • On borderland we run and don't look back!
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2011, 07:33:02 AM »

i honestly think joey's love of the song is the only reason u2 gave it so much exposure this tour.

You know I completely forgot about that. Didn't Joey listen to only U2 in his final days? Sometimes I think we forget that the band makes some choices based on meaning to them. How dare tehm, right?  :-\

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2011, 07:39:22 AM »

You know I completely forgot about that. Didn't Joey listen to only U2 in his final days? Sometimes I think we forget that the band makes some choices based on meaning to them. How dare tehm, right?  :-\

You don't get around here much do you Gravy  :D :D   I told that whole story in the thread where lots of people bashed IALW. Yes, you are indeed right. Sometimes the band plays what means a lot to them . I am all for that but many fans just aren't. It is said that Joey did play it a lot as he was dying of cancer and Bono has said it was the last song he heard before he passed . I know how much Bono loved the Ramones. I think he made a speech when they got inducted into R and R Hall of Fame. So yes, I truly believe that song really means something to the band or at least to Bono. They should play some things that have meaning to them. That is what artists do.

Offline singnomore

• Administrator
  • Airborne Ranger
  • These city lights, they shine as silver and gold

You know I completely forgot about that. Didn't Joey listen to only U2 in his final days? Sometimes I think we forget that the band makes some choices based on meaning to them. How dare tehm, right?  :-\

You don't get around here much do you Gravy  :D :D   I told that whole story in the thread where lots of people bashed IALW. Yes, you are indeed right. Sometimes the band plays what means a lot to them . I am all for that but many fans just aren't. It is said that Joey did play it a lot as he was dying of cancer and Bono has said it was the last song he heard before he passed . I know how much Bono loved the Ramones. I think he made a speech when they got inducted into R and R Hall of Fame. So yes, I truly believe that song really means something to the band or at least to Bono. They should play some things that have meaning to them. That is what artists do.

Joey Ramone was playing In a little While when he died - it was quoted as recently as this week in NME who are doing 'a 10 year after Joeys death' edition.

Offline JSab

• Staring at the Sun
  • No, no line
OMG ITS JUST ABOUT THE GREATEST THING EVER THAT THEY'RE PLAYING ZOOROPA!!!!!!!! I nearly died when I read they played it :D :D :D :D :D :D

satellitedog01

Welcome back JSab!

hrsan

I've gone for maybe - I like its inclusion though must admit i see it more of an opener as per ZooTv itself. If it meant staying for a bit and then being replaced by another rarely played live song then i could live with that!  ;D

As an aside - guys - can I point you all  to a very clearly displayed thread started by SG around labelling threads as Spoilers and no song titiles in tour threads. Your co-operation is much appreciated!  ;D

My apologies.

Offline Gravy11

• Running to Stand Still
  • On borderland we run and don't look back!

Good point Sing, but isn't it funny to imagine that there is an individual out there who is so determined to be surprised that he/she is avoiding any leak of a setlist. Now that my friend...That is willpower!