Poll

Should Zooropa stay in the setlist for all North American dates?

Yes
58 (87.9%)
No
5 (7.6%)
Maybe just a snippet
3 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Author Topic: Spoiler - Should the song that was debuted in Brazil stay in the setlist?  (Read 3482 times)

Offline Gravy11

• Running to Stand Still
  • On borderland we run and don't look back!
Re: Spoiler - Should the song debuted in Brazil stay in the setlist?
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2011, 04:03:16 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
The ghost of Joey Ramone, he wants IALW back...

i honestly think joey's love of the song is the only reason u2 gave it so much exposure this tour.

You know I completely forgot about that. Didn't Joey listen to only U2 in his final days? Sometimes I think we forget that the band makes some choices based on meaning to them. How dare tehm, right?  :-\

You don't get around here much do you Gravy  :D :D   I told that whole story in the thread where lots of people bashed IALW. Yes, you are indeed right. Sometimes the band plays what means a lot to them . I am all for that but many fans just aren't. It is said that Joey did play it a lot as he was dying of cancer and Bono has said it was the last song he heard before he passed . I know how much Bono loved the Ramones. I think he made a speech when they got inducted into R and R Hall of Fame. So yes, I truly believe that song really means something to the band or at least to Bono. They should play some things that have meaning to them. That is what artists do.

I'm around SG...I Zoomerang back and forth when something gets my blood going. ;-)

Offline Droo

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • don't expect, suggest
I've gone for maybe - I like its inclusion though must admit i see it more of an opener as per ZooTv itself. If it meant staying for a bit and then being replaced by another rarely played live song then i could live with that!  ;D

As an aside - guys - can I point you all  to a very clearly displayed thread started by SG around labelling threads as Spoilers and no song titiles in tour threads. Your co-operation is much appreciated!  ;D

Good point Sing, but isn't it funny to imagine that there is an individual out there who is so determined to be surprised that he/she is avoiding any leak of a setlist. Now that my friend...That is willpower!

I will be doing this once the South American leg is over.

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
The ghost of Joey Ramone, he wants IALW back...

i honestly think joey's love of the song is the only reason u2 gave it so much exposure this tour.

You know I completely forgot about that. Didn't Joey listen to only U2 in his final days? Sometimes I think we forget that the band makes some choices based on meaning to them. How dare tehm, right?  :-\

You don't get around here much do you Gravy  :D :D   I told that whole story in the thread where lots of people bashed IALW. Yes, you are indeed right. Sometimes the band plays what means a lot to them . I am all for that but many fans just aren't. It is said that Joey did play it a lot as he was dying of cancer and Bono has said it was the last song he heard before he passed . I know how much Bono loved the Ramones. I think he made a speech when they got inducted into R and R Hall of Fame. So yes, I truly believe that song really means something to the band or at least to Bono. They should play some things that have meaning to them. That is what artists do.

Joey Ramone was playing In a little While when he died - it was quoted as recently as this week in NME who are doing 'a 10 year after Joeys death' edition.

Wow, 10 years now , sing? I can't believe it. I saw him many times. I still am a huge Ramones fan - my boys from Queens. I must get a copy of this issue. Thanks for mentioning it! ;D

Offline Droo

• don't expect, suggest
Another video of Zooropa, with more crowd applause at the end: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

They seem to respond well to it, despite the stillness during the actual performance.

Offline Gravy11

• Running to Stand Still
Another video of Zooropa, with more crowd applause at the end: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

They seem to respond well to it, despite the stillness during the actual performance.

Wonder why the band opted to go dark during the "Zooropa" performance. That's the only thing that didn't work IMHO. Again, loved this addition but was shocked the way it was delivered.

Offline Droo

• don't expect, suggest

Wonder why the band opted to go dark during the "Zooropa" performance. That's the only thing that didn't work IMHO. Again, loved this addition but was shocked the way it was delivered.

The message of the song is the loss of humanity behind machine.

satellitedog01

Yeah, but there's the line at the end : Let's go to the overground... where they could just lift the screen and be lighted , and blow away the crowd.

Offline Gravy11

• Running to Stand Still

The message of the song is the loss of humanity behind machine.

Deep...What's next? Erect a huge Wall in between them and the audience? Wait??? Has that been done?  :-\

Offline Droo

• don't expect, suggest
Yeah, but there's the line at the end : Let's go to the overground... where they could just lift the screen and be lighted , and blow away the crowd.

Well, Zooropa live is clearly a work in progress. I can see something like that happening as it evolves.

satellitedog01

I hope that's true, Droo.

Offline wraitii

• Party Girl/Boy
That would rock. And it would work so well with city of blinding lights right after.

Though to me Zooropa has always been mostly about the reunification of Germany...

Offline Droo

• don't expect, suggest
That would rock. And it would work so well with city of blinding lights right after.

Though to me Zooropa has always been mostly about the reunification of Germany...

Really, the screen should lift before Zooropa II starts, and the house lights should go up and illuminate the band in multicoloured blasts of light. with Bono dancing around triumphantly and wailing "I HAVE NO COMPASS!!!"

Offline EnduringChill

• Genius of Compression
No, it would go better on "Let's go to the overground..."
Oh wait. Both would work really well. HA- and City of Blinding Lights afterwards?! That's incrediawesome! I want to experience this live so badly...

Offline HEY!youtwo!

• Child of Grace
  • They'll want their money back if youre alive at 33
I think that Zooropa should end with an extended rockingly joyous slide solo by the edge, and then it goes straight to the slide intro for COBL  8)

Offline Droo

• don't expect, suggest
I think that Zooropa should end with an extended rockingly joyous slide solo by the edge, and then it goes straight to the slide intro for COBL  8)

My mind has been shattered by the concept of such awesomeness.