Author Topic: Spoiler - New Opener to Replace Current Song In the Works?  (Read 2948 times)

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I won't pay the usual fee
Re: Spoiler - New Opener to Replace Current Song In the Works?
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2011, 02:35:06 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I do think MoS has caught on with fans since NLOTH's release though. Audiences seem to be singing along loudly and loving it since the 2010 leg.

It's ironic then that as casual fans have grown to like the NLOTH songs, U2 have been dropping them from the set.

Now, if only they had kept Unknown Caller and Breathe.

Offline Droo

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • don't expect, suggest
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2011, 02:48:07 PM »
Nah UC and Breathe can stay dead. ;)

Offline HEY!youtwo!

• Child of Grace
  • They'll want their money back if youre alive at 33
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2011, 03:27:13 PM »
I do think MoS has caught on with fans since NLOTH's release though. Audiences seem to be singing along loudly and loving it since the 2010 leg.

Thank God... that song is incredible

Offline gnmmet

• Numb
  • Your love is like a secret it gets passed around
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2011, 03:48:54 PM »
IMO, EBTTRT Remix is the best opener since Popmart, so I'm really hoping to see it in person.

Offline JamietheEdgefan

• Child of Grace
  • Infinity's a great place to start!
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2011, 05:39:02 PM »
I doubt fez-being born would open the show, it's got the fatal combination of being downbeat/dark, and of not being very well known, and on an album u2 are distancing themselves from.. on a tour that is "not in support of anything". Songs of a similar nature - No Line, Unknown caller, and Breathe were just dropped. Sure they've kept MoS, but for the very end. And the recent trends have suggested that u2 want something more rocking, more upbeat to get the audience wild at the start.
They introduced Stingray, and beautiful day, then EBTTRT as openers, whilst dropping breathe AND other NLOTH songs. I doubt they'll play fez-being born at all, let alone open with it.

So i'm really curious about what willie is talking about. It's obviously not the magnificent remix, as he mentions that separately. I have such little faith that u2 will pursue anything to do with NLOTH that i'm almost inclined to think it might be a new song. However, more likely, if it is a new opener, it will probably be an oldie that hasn't been played on the tour yet.

But the thing is, Willie says "something new for the opening" as opposed to saying "something new to open", or "a new opener". What he actually said could be referring to a song, but i have a feeling he just means a new opening animation on the screen or something - an accompaniment to whatever is played. I think it would be u2 working on a new opener itself, rather than willie.

Offline Rayford27

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • Your wheels are turning, but you're upside down
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2011, 09:45:06 PM »
Boy Falls From the Sky?

Offline Joe90usa

• Airborne Ranger
  • Dragons Rule! Catfish Drool.
« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2011, 12:42:16 AM »
Elvis Costello's "Pump It Up!"

Offline ryanm

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2011, 01:51:34 AM »
If it's Acrobat, I may die of over-excitement.

Offline HEY!youtwo!

• Child of Grace
  • They'll want their money back if youre alive at 33
« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2011, 04:28:20 AM »
If it's Acrobat, I may die of over-excitement.

I foresee a long, prosperous life for you  ;)

Offline The Unknown Caller

• Holy Joe
  • TORIIIIIINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2011, 05:45:45 AM »
I doubt fez-being born would open the show, it's got the fatal combination of being downbeat/dark, and of not being very well known, and on an album u2 are distancing themselves from.. on a tour that is "not in support of anything". Songs of a similar nature - No Line, Unknown caller, and Breathe were just dropped. Sure they've kept MoS, but for the very end. And the recent trends have suggested that u2 want something more rocking, more upbeat to get the audience wild at the start.
They introduced Stingray, and beautiful day, then EBTTRT as openers, whilst dropping breathe AND other NLOTH songs. I doubt they'll play fez-being born at all, let alone open with it.

So i'm really curious about what willie is talking about. It's obviously not the magnificent remix, as he mentions that separately. I have such little faith that u2 will pursue anything to do with NLOTH that i'm almost inclined to think it might be a new song. However, more likely, if it is a new opener, it will probably be an oldie that hasn't been played on the tour yet.

But the thing is, Willie says "something new for the opening" as opposed to saying "something new to open", or "a new opener". What he actually said could be referring to a song, but i have a feeling he just means a new opening animation on the screen or something - an accompaniment to whatever is played. I think it would be u2 working on a new opener itself, rather than willie.

DEFINITELY to both of those. Fez is more wishful thinking than anything, and I think they're working on some tech for the EBTTRT opener, not a new song, upon looking at the wording.