Author Topic: Profile Pic Problem  (Read 3176 times)

Offline The Exile

• Up With the Sun
  • It's all ball bearings nowadays.
Profile Pic Problem
« on: April 13, 2011, 12:32:54 PM »
For some reason, every time I try to change my profile pic, all that shows up is the white box and red X. This even happens with pics I have used in the last (so it has nothing to do with the pic itself being too large or anything).

Help?

Offline Miami66

• Airborne Ranger
  • The goal is soul
Re: Profile Pic Problem
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 05:55:57 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
For some reason, every time I try to change my profile pic, all that shows up is the white box and red X. This even happens with pics I have used in the last (so it has nothing to do with the pic itself being too large or anything).

Help?

is your computer on??

Offline The Exile

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2011, 09:43:20 PM »
Wow, this "help" desk leaves something to be desired!

Offline Joe90usa

• Airborne Ranger
  • Dragons Rule! Catfish Drool.
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2011, 12:16:59 AM »
The first thing that came to mind was the sizing of the picture being used. I see you have a profile pic up now...is that smaller than the ones that didn't work?

Offline CherryYouDanceWithMe

• Elevated
  • Larry "Boom Boom" Mullen
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2011, 02:29:46 PM »
you know, I have recently had the same problem. I tried using a picture of myself that was taken with my digital camera. I haven't checked the size of my picture, although I can't imagine how the size would have changed from the last time you used your pic, Exile. Weird.

Offline The Exile

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2011, 11:14:34 PM »
Yeah, it has nothing to do with the size of the pics because I tried using pics I have used before.

Offline Joe90usa

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2011, 03:10:20 PM »
Yeah, it has nothing to do with the size of the pics because I tried using pics I have used before.

You're assuming there has been no change in the size of the files that are allowed here...which I believe should be true. So what is different about the pics that you can get to work versus those you can't?

Offline The Exile

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2011, 04:02:55 PM »

You're assuming there has been no change in the size of the files that are allowed here...which I believe should be true. So what is different about the pics that you can get to work versus those you can't?

I have no idea. I will try to upload a profile pic that I have used before, and it won't work. Then I'll choose another, and the same thing. Then I'll try a third, and that one will work.

Offline Joe90usa

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2011, 11:22:38 PM »

I have no idea. I will try to upload a profile pic that I have used before, and it won't work. Then I'll choose another, and the same thing. Then I'll try a third, and that one will work.

Compare the sizes of those files and the file types (extensions) to begin looking for differences.

Offline Joe90usa

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2011, 01:04:21 AM »

Compare the sizes of those files and the file types (extensions) to begin looking for differences.

I should have added source of the picture as well, so I'm doing that now.