Author Topic: this is what rock looks like  (Read 27136 times)

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
Re: this is what rock looks like
« Reply #60 on: February 25, 2012, 09:23:40 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I see what you did there.

Offline balchinian1

• Staring at the Sun
  • We could live forever if you've got the time
« Reply #61 on: March 02, 2012, 01:27:20 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline imaginary friend

• Airborne Ranger
  • the vaccine for your wack scene
« Reply #62 on: March 03, 2012, 01:11:57 PM »

\m/   \m/

The Grave

« Reply #63 on: March 08, 2012, 07:22:52 PM »

Offline imaginary friend

• Airborne Ranger
  • the vaccine for your wack scene
« Reply #64 on: March 08, 2012, 08:29:56 PM »

8)

The Grave

« Reply #65 on: March 09, 2012, 04:55:42 PM »

oh to see THAT show

Offline Northern Soul

• Desert Rose
  • I'm not coming down...
« Reply #66 on: March 12, 2012, 10:10:53 AM »

Offline emalvick

• Desert Rose
« Reply #67 on: March 12, 2012, 02:05:17 PM »

oh to see THAT show

I was at one of those two Oakland shows (June 18, 1997).  In all honesty, Oasis (Liam specifically), showed what real a**holes they were.  It's a large stadium, and less than half the crowd was in the stands when Oasis was on stage.  Liam then gets the mike and rants and cusses at the audience for being lame and the bay area for being poor fans to the point where people were booing at him.  He was running off about how Oasis is the God's gift to the world.  The people I was with were laughing given they were opening for U2.

Well, Oasis didn't really win themselves any fans, and the live performance wasn't memorable for anything outside the rant.  I was disappointed because I was actually an Oasis fan at that point, and gave up on them after that.

The Grave

« Reply #68 on: March 12, 2012, 02:06:35 PM »

oh to see THAT show

I was at one of those two Oakland shows (June 18, 1997).  In all honesty, Oasis (Liam specifically), showed what real a**holes they were.  It's a large stadium, and less than half the crowd was in the stands when Oasis was on stage.  Liam then gets the mike and rants and cusses at the audience for being lame and the bay area for being poor fans to the point where people were booing at him.  He was running off about how Oasis is the God's gift to the world.  The people I was with were laughing given they were opening for U2.

Well, Oasis didn't really win themselves any fans, and the live performance wasn't memorable for anything outside the rant.  I was disappointed because I was actually an Oasis fan at that point, and gave up on them after that.
:( that's sad. oh well. I try not to listen to Liam. Noel FTW

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I won't pay the usual fee
« Reply #69 on: March 12, 2012, 02:16:11 PM »

oh to see THAT show

Well, Liam's always been a knobhead and probably always will be, so what do you expect?

From what I recollect, wasn't one of the Oakland PopMart shows only about half full?

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #70 on: March 12, 2012, 02:22:37 PM »
See Ken, Oasis sucks. Besides, Brit Pop doesn't count as rock.  :P

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #71 on: March 12, 2012, 02:27:44 PM »

Brit Pop will Live Forever as Parklife.

The Grave

« Reply #72 on: March 12, 2012, 02:29:04 PM »

Brit Pop will Live Forever as Parklife.
:P btw I love those songs

Brit Pop>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>EMO/SCREAMO AKA MARILYN MANSON

and Oasis rules  :P

Offline Northern Soul

• Desert Rose
  • I'm not coming down...
« Reply #73 on: March 12, 2012, 02:30:54 PM »

That depends how you define Britpop.  If you count Oasis, it's definitely rock.  Anyway, Britpop > Grunge, EMO, Folk

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #74 on: March 12, 2012, 02:32:01 PM »
Perhaps I should have said: Parklife will live forever in Britain.  :(