Author Topic: *spoiler* Adam hints at things to come  (Read 8393 times)

Offline JamietheEdgefan

• Child of Grace
  • Infinity's a great place to start!
Re: *spoiler* Adam hints at things to come
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2011, 06:20:11 PM »
I just had a troubling thought - Adam's interview was about the stage set-up, rather than the songs, about how they would make up for not having the claw. He explicitly mentions the tours of zoo tv and popmart, rather than the albums or songs. Is it possible he was just saying that, because they don't have the 360 stage, they're going to compensate with a more pop-tv style thing, and wasn't actually referring to the songs at all?  :-[

Offline The Exile

• Up With the Sun
  • It's all ball bearings nowadays.
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2011, 06:24:31 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I just had a troubling thought - Adam's interview was about the stage set-up, rather than the songs, about how they would make up for not having the claw. He explicitly mentions the tours of zoo tv and popmart, rather than the albums or songs. Is it possible he was just saying that, because they don't have the 360 stage, they're going to compensate with a more pop-tv style thing, and wasn't actually referring to the songs at all?  :-[

If U2 has taught me anything, it's to be cynical. And if being cynical has taught me anything, it is to try to think of the most disappointing scenario possible and expect that from U2!

Offline MarsGirl

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • The world is spinning fast tonight...
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2011, 06:27:09 PM »

If U2 has taught me anything, it's to be cynical. And if being cynical has taught me anything, it is to try to think of the most disappointing scenario possible and expect that from U2!

Aw, Exile!!! Even from you, that's depressing.

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2011, 06:33:12 PM »
I just had a troubling thought - Adam's interview was about the stage set-up, rather than the songs, about how they would make up for not having the claw. He explicitly mentions the tours of zoo tv and popmart, rather than the albums or songs. Is it possible he was just saying that, because they don't have the 360 stage, they're going to compensate with a more pop-tv style thing, and wasn't actually referring to the songs at all?  :-[

wow YEA that is uber-pessimistic, even POST-zooropa comback, Mr. 90's-or-DIE!

Offline The Exile

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2011, 06:48:32 PM »

Don't blame me, they did this to me! I was one of those people who was looking forward to a new album next month, you know....

Offline MarsGirl

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2011, 06:52:08 PM »

Don't blame me, they did this to me! I was one of those people who was looking forward to a new album next month, you know....

Aw, gee, I knew that wasnt going to happen. I've read U2 by U2. I knew they werent going to release another album while still on tour.... So I wasnt let down....

They still do amazing shows!! I'm going to 5 this summer. So excited!!! I dont care about a new album. Maybe they will do one in a few years. I dont think they are done yet.

Offline The Exile

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2011, 06:54:58 PM »

Aw, gee, I knew that wasnt going to happen. I've read U2 by U2. I knew they werent going to release another album while still on tour.... So I wasnt let down....

They still do amazing shows!! I'm going to 5 this summer. So excited!!! I dont care about a new album. Maybe they will do one in a few years. I dont think they are done yet.

For me this is the first time that I have been kind of "meh" about the tour and more interested in the album. I think it has to do with the amount of hits they're playing--I just can't listen to another rendition of ISHF or WOWY. I love my NLOTH playlist, but I am jonesing for a new album. Even if something comes out in the fall I will be thrilled, but I know it won't.

Offline MarsGirl

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2011, 06:56:05 PM »
U2 takes awhile between albums.... :/ We must expect that.

Offline The Exile

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2011, 07:01:33 PM »

Indeed, but never before have they been so direct and detailed in their promises to release a new one. We had a title, a lead single, the producer(s), and the target release date. That is not precedented at all.

Offline MarsGirl

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2011, 07:06:26 PM »

Indeed, but never before have they been so direct and detailed in their promises to release a new one. We had a title, a lead single, the producer(s), and the target release date. That is not precedented at all.

Seriously? I think Spidey got in the way.

Have a little faith. I think they ARE working on a new album....

Offline The Exile

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2011, 07:07:16 PM »

No doubt. About Spidey, I mean. But doubt about everything else.

Offline MarsGirl

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2011, 07:09:20 PM »

No doubt. About Spidey, I mean. But doubt about everything else.

I hoe we are all unexpectedly surprised at some point.

Offline JamietheEdgefan

• Child of Grace
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2011, 08:05:06 PM »

It's odd, willie's recent quote suggests u2 are still working on new material, but i could never see them releasing something immediately after a tour... which is what persevering with a new album at the moment would suggest.
Perhaps they finally want to shake things up a bit. Perhaps they want to break free of the formula, and have some fun as a band. Perhaps they want to release music simply because they have great songs and want their fans to hear them - instead of only doing something if it is 'tactical' - and will straight-up release an album when they damn well feel like it, or sneakily release an EP.
... then again, perhaps not.

Offline MarsGirl

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2011, 08:12:12 PM »
Ah, see, JamieTheEdgeFan brings hope.

Offline JamietheEdgefan

• Child of Grace
« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2011, 09:33:29 PM »