Author Topic: U2 in Berlin  (Read 9795 times)

Offline tihach

• Refugee
  • Oh baby! <3
U2 in Berlin
« on: May 02, 2011, 03:06:40 PM »
Boys are in Berlin in Hansa studios again 8) 8) hopefully doing some remastering ;) ;)

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

The Grave

Re: U2 in Berlin
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 03:32:45 PM »
Awsome  8)

Offline The Exile

• Up With the Sun
  • It's all ball bearings nowadays.
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 03:41:46 PM »
I can't help but wonder whether this should have been posted in one of the Spiderman threads....

Offline kango

• Desert Rose
  • I know I'm not a hopeless case.
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2011, 04:15:52 PM »

Let's be optimistic. Hansa = Achtung Baby

Offline JamietheEdgefan

• Child of Grace
  • Infinity's a great place to start!
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2011, 04:55:36 PM »
A bit annoying to realise this wasn't new album work, but simply the achtung baby re-release - but i think it's really great how hands on they are with the whole remaster project! We should hear at least one unreleased track, but it would be really cool if they did a recording of that amazing EBTTRT remix  8)

English translation for tihach's link:

Surprisingly, this afternoon, all four band members were spotted in Berlin. A photo with U2 on the bridge to the Museum Island, which has sent us U2tour.de User Alexander finds her here (click). As it stands, the band apparently shooting in the city. We suspect this has to do planned with the re-release of Achtung Baby on this year's 20th anniversary, because not only is turned apparently to the old, with Achtung Baby affiliated places, but the band was spotted apparently also in Trabis. U2tour.de will keep you informed.

Update 22:15: The band did in the evening in the Hansa Studios, where they played several times One. Apparently, the studios have a video for One was shot. Short 21 clock was Adam (click) gesichet before the studios.

Sounds like they're re-doing the video for one... in the same studio as well (i think)! That's pretty cool...

When would the remaster be coming out?

The Grave

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2011, 05:01:41 PM »
I would LOVE the new version of EBTTRT to be on their.

I hope it comes out soon  :-\

Offline EnduringChill

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2011, 06:37:57 PM »
Achtung, baby! This is AWESOME news. ;D
I'd like a remaster but would only buy it if there was something very, very special on it... hm.

Offline MarsGirl

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • The world is spinning fast tonight...
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2011, 07:40:18 PM »
Do you think they'll have a second disk that will include Salome and/or Lady With The Spinning Head???

Offline U2-obsessed and proud

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • Let The Rain come down, make a brand new ground
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2011, 08:35:58 PM »
I'm getting really really excited about this  :)

Offline followeru2

• Wanderer
  • long time fan from Brazil
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2011, 09:02:11 PM »
That was a golden era for U2, the Achtung Baby era, especially because of Zoo Tv. I hope the reissue brings on a special edition containing a dvd/blueray of a full Zoo Tv concert, preferably from the european leg, 1992, when they used to play eight songs from AB in a row, like in Stockholm or Rotterdam. That would be heaven to me.

MT

Offline JamietheEdgefan

• Child of Grace
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2011, 09:20:27 PM »
Do you think they'll have a second disk that will include Salome and/or Lady With The Spinning Head???

It would be cool to have a remastered/reworked (or re-recorded) LWTSH. I just remembered that apparently they sound-checked Lady with the spinning head last year in europe... this is a bit of a stretch, but maybe they'll play it around the anniversary/re-release of AB?

Offline MarsGirl

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2011, 09:27:53 PM »

It would be cool to have a remastered/reworked (or re-recorded) LWTSH. I just remembered that apparently they sound-checked Lady with the spinning head last year in europe... this is a bit of a stretch, but maybe they'll play it around the anniversary/re-release of AB?

WHAT?! They soundchecked LWTSH!?!?!

God. If they played that at a concert, I'd explode.

I'd hope I was there!!! Live, I mean.

Offline JamietheEdgefan

• Child of Grace
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2011, 09:53:59 PM »
I'm not sure it was certain, but people were definitely reporting it back in the summer of 2010!
I'd explode too, it's such a great song - it's not like native son, or Always, where you can tell they needed to polish them up to make them what they became. No, LWTSH came out already perfect... it was like a well of pure awesomesauce from which u2 plucked ultraviolet, the fly, and zoo station.

... It's the macdaddy of achtung baby.

Offline MarsGirl

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2011, 10:02:04 PM »
I'm not sure it was certain, but people were definitely reporting it back in the summer of 2010!
I'd explode too, it's such a great song - it's not like native son, or Always, where you can tell they needed to polish them up to make them what they became. No, LWTSH came out already perfect... it was like a well of pure awesomesauce from which u2 plucked ultraviolet, the fly, and zoo station.

I think you've said it all right there. :) I freaking love LWTSH!!!!

I dont know what it MEANS.

But it's a great song!!

Offline jenniferh aka jen

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2011, 10:31:20 PM »

I think you've said it all right there. :) I freaking love LWTSH!!!!

I dont know what it MEANS.

But it's a great song!!

Oh I remember when that happened. Wish they would have played it live!