Author Topic: The Denver Crowd  (Read 4862 times)

Offline The Wanderer

• Party Girl/Boy
  • U2360 Stage for Babies
The Denver Crowd
« on: May 17, 2011, 08:35:43 AM »
What kind of crowd response can we expect in Denver?  Having never been to a U2 show in Denver, and knowing there is a history between the band and the city, how "into" the show is the Denver crowd compared to other cities (US and non-US)?

Offline iluEdge

• Stateless
  • when you stop seeing beauty, you start growing old
Re: The Denver Crowd
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 12:40:24 PM »
If I remember correctly from 2005, it was VERY responsive & wild...especially during the opening of "Bad" ~ people FREAKED out...I even shed a tear!  And as a side note, Denver is The Fray's home crowd, so there will be energy from that.

Offline AndyU2

• Numb
  • Dream Out Loud
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 06:19:52 PM »
Sweet.  :) People looked pretty wild at the red rocks show in 83. I can't wait! I'm hoping they have a few surprises.  :)

Offline p8ru2

• Precious Stone
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2011, 07:46:53 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Sweet.  :) .... I can't wait! I'm hoping they have a few surprises.  :)

+1!    :)  We've been waiting....

only 3 more sleeps! 

Offline vegaspatrick

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2011, 01:38:58 PM »
Sweet.  :) .... I can't wait! I'm hoping they have a few surprises.  :)

+1!    :)  We've been waiting....

only 3 more sleeps! 

Like I said in the fan meetings Denver thread, cue The Replacements:

"I can't wait. ... Hardly waaaaaaaiiiiiit!!!!"

Offline EdgeFest [Zenmaster360]

• Airborne Ranger
  • My blog: mrstheedge.com
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2011, 01:44:42 PM »
I wonder what the ratio of people who are going to SAY they were at Red Rocks is going to be to people who were ACTUALLY at Red Rocks...

:D :D

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
  • We picked the right band
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2011, 03:08:36 PM »
I wonder what the ratio of people who are going to SAY they were at Red Rocks is going to be to people who were ACTUALLY at Red Rocks...

I've seen the DVD so many times, I have myself convinced that I was there!  :)  In fact, I was the girl Bono danced with, yeah, that's it.

Offline p8ru2

• Precious Stone
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2011, 10:43:07 PM »

We be der, cuckatoo!   :D  ( your avi)  Long time, EF!  We'll be thinkin' of you and HQ! 

Offline The Wanderer

• Party Girl/Boy
  • U2360 Stage for Babies
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2011, 10:35:39 AM »
Does anyone know what time the world is supposed to end on Saturday?  I think that would be an awesome way to close out the final encore.   

"Oh, oh, AAAAAAA OOOOOH ooooooH oooooooh.......Good night Denver.  Don't forget us......" ka-blooey!!

With my luck it will happen as soon as they let the GA line into the stadium. 

Offline MarsGirl

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • The world is spinning fast tonight...
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2011, 11:06:31 AM »
I think I heard somewhere 5pm. It has not been confirmed if this is 5pm EST or MST (which is the time zone the dude who is prophetsizing the end of the world is in).

I'm hoping B makes reference to it before, during, or after UTEOTW. :)

Anyway, if the world does end at 5pm, regardless of time zone, I'll still be in the GA line and that would suck. :)

Offline mattressjedi

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2011, 11:20:47 AM »
Does anyone know what time the world is supposed to end on Saturday?  I think that would be an awesome way to close out the final encore.   

"Oh, oh, AAAAAAA OOOOOH ooooooH oooooooh.......Good night Denver.  Don't forget us......" ka-blooey!!

With my luck it will happen as soon as they let the GA line into the stadium. 

:D :D :D :D :D

Boom Cha!

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2011, 11:27:12 AM »
At least you guys to get be at a U2 concert when the world ends. I'll probably be working.  :P

Offline MarsGirl

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • The world is spinning fast tonight...
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2011, 12:03:38 PM »
Let me just say that I dont know about the rest of the Denver crowd, but I'm freaking excited today and I'm still in Ohio, not flying out until tomorrow evening, and I cant even think straight. So there will be at least one screaming fan going crazy Saturday night!!!

Offline Georgia

• Elevated
  • Contradiction is Balance
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2011, 02:55:20 PM »
I think I heard somewhere 5pm. It has not been confirmed if this is 5pm EST or MST (which is the time zone the dude who is prophetsizing the end of the world is in).

I'm hoping B makes reference to it before, during, or after UTEOTW. :)

Anyway, if the world does end at 5pm, regardless of time zone, I'll still be in the GA line and that would suck. :)

That would be totally awesome!!

Also, let me put everyone's mind at ease.  May 21 is simply when the Rapture starts with world-wide earthquakes that will hit each time zone at 6 PM local time starting at the International Date Line and moving west.  So Denver will have plenty of warning of impending doom. And as long as the stadium stays in tact, I don't see any reason why the show won't go on.  The actual End of the World is not until five months later on October 21.   ;) 

My source: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline vegaspatrick

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2011, 03:34:57 PM »

OK, EdgeFest, I swear I won't B.S. you or anybody else here. I was about 3 months shy of my 15th birthday. I grew up in Colorado Springs, about 75 miles or so from Red Rocks. Mom said no way to me going. HOWEVER, the rest of this is as true as it gets, and the Red Rocks video will bear me out:

My older brother Mike and his best friend Gary won tickets to go to the Red Rocks show on a beer bus (drinking age was still 18). So they indeed went to the show. After getting into the fogged-in, misty venue, while on their way to get seated (this was a GA show), my brother hits the bathroom. During that time, his buddy Gary gets approached by one of the camera crews working on the show, and he gets a full-on interview. Granted, he's a little tipsy -- not stupid drunk, just a little buzz going. And he goes on about how the weather really reflects the band, blah blah blah. It was a riot. Proof: He's got red hair and he's wearing a Vail baseball cap. Watch the first few minutes of the video, and wa-lah, there he is. Pretty cool.

My brother was steamed that he missed out. He should have had one less beer on the way up. I haven't missed a U2 tour since reaching driving age, but I always regret not being able to see that show. I'll be there Saturday night, though -- actually, all day Saturday in the GA queue!!   ;D