Author Topic: The Denver Crowd  (Read 4861 times)

Offline singnomore

• Administrator
  • Airborne Ranger
  • These city lights, they shine as silver and gold
Re: The Denver Crowd
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2011, 02:09:43 PM »
Was the stadium full?

Offline MarsGirl

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • The world is spinning fast tonight...
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2011, 02:40:43 PM »
It looked full by the time U2 came on... maybe some empty seats here or there. But I couldnt see behind me to how far GA was filled beyond the inner circle.

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
  • We picked the right band
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2011, 03:23:08 PM »
Here's a link to the Denver Post review.  It says 70,000 plus were in the audience.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

There are also photos and links to articles about U2 mania in Denver before the show, Colorado's role in U2's history, and the obligatory "why U2 sucks" article.

Offline singnomore

• Administrator
  • Airborne Ranger
  • These city lights, they shine as silver and gold
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2011, 03:27:34 PM »
Here's a link to the Denver Post review.  It says 70,000 plus were in the audience.

There are also photos and links to articles about U2 mania in Denver before the show, Colorado's role in U2's history, and the obligatory "why U2 sucks" article.

Great pictures!

Offline vegaspatrick

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2011, 12:49:41 AM »
Mile High holds 76,000-plus for a football game, IIRC. When I looked up early in U2's set, from my post on the left outer rail (No. 112 in GA line; not too bad!!), it looked pretty damn full in the upper decks, and it was definitely full below, and plenty on the field, as well. It was a huge crowd. What a freaking great show. And we lucked out. Weather started to suck during The Fray's set, and it was getting cold between sets. But shortly after U2 started up, the winds died down and it actually warmed up. It ended up being pretty comfortable. Damn fine night, overall.

Now then, ON TO ST. LOUIS!!!

VegasPatrick

Offline p8ru2

• Precious Stone
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2011, 12:24:15 PM »

Great shots, thanks lorijane!  LOVE the Bman pre-show fan shots.... *serious swoons* 

Offline vegaspatrick

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2011, 03:33:10 PM »

Great shots, thanks lorijane!  LOVE the Bman pre-show fan shots.... *serious swoons* 

Hey p8rut, really sorry we didn't at least connect in line at some point Saturday. It was just such a crazy day -- got our numbers Friday afternoon, checked in a couple times Friday night. Only got about four hours sleep before heading back Saturday morning, and my mind was just blank about trying to meet up with you and others whom I've chatted with on this message board. Maybe next time. Hope it was a great day. Be well.

VegasPatrick

Offline p8ru2

• Precious Stone
« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2011, 03:43:54 PM »

Hey p8rut, really sorry we didn't at least connect in line at some point Saturday. It was just such a crazy day -- got our numbers Friday afternoon, checked in a couple times Friday night. Only got about four hours sleep before heading back Saturday morning, and my mind was just blank about trying to meet up with you and others whom I've chatted with on this message board. Maybe next time. Hope it was a great day. Be well.

VegasPatrick

p8rut, lol.    No worries VP & thanks for the wishes!  - it was crazy/ hectic for us too & I'm wiped out but in a happy way!  :)  Only got a few hours sleep a couple nights but had a blast.  Maybe next time, will do...     

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2011, 04:21:54 PM »
allow me to voice anger over a young girl behind me in front of the outer rail. this is HORRIBLE.

so durin the intermission between fray and u2 the stats were scrolling by on the screen, well when it said "abortions this year = 42,000" she said "OH HELL YEA! 42,000 less people in the world! alright!" said it loud and proud. im not exagerating, she said that. i bit my tounge and when it scrolled the # of suicides <a freind of mine from years ago killed himself in march> i braced myself and waited for her whoop-whoops! of excitement. she bit her tounge and made some dumb inoffensive comment, i was very ready to rip her head clean off and tell her to go somewhere else to stand. just wanted to call that girl out on her idiocy. all she did to "retract" her ignorance was to say "oops! i better not say that someone could be offended!" or something.

Offline MarsGirl

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2011, 04:24:04 PM »
Oaf. That sucks.

Offline p8ru2

• Precious Stone
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2011, 04:59:40 PM »
WTF? awful. 

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2011, 05:11:15 PM »
WTF? awful. 

Yea. Real young dumb girl, obviously. Other than that the crowd was great. Oh wait. A guy got mad when i said Jack White was a cocky lil p**** totally out of place in IMGL. Apparently he said Page asked White to be in it with em? That's waht i got told, QUICKLY, when i wasn't talkin to him at all. HAHAH.

Offline MarsGirl

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2011, 05:21:26 PM »
WTF? awful. 

Yea. Real young dumb girl, obviously. Other than that the crowd was great. Oh wait. A guy got mad when i said Jack White was a cocky lil p**** totally out of place in IMGL. Apparently he said Page asked White to be in it with em? That's waht i got told, QUICKLY, when i wasn't talkin to him at all. HAHAH.

Who's Jack White?

We had some annoying people who obviously hadnt been in line all day try to squeeze past us to the stage. But we squeezed those pissers out and told them to get back into their rightful place behind us. :)

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2011, 06:18:11 PM »
WTF? awful. 

Who's Jack White?

We had some annoying people who obviously hadnt been in line all day try to squeeze past us to the stage. But we squeezed those pissers out and told them to get back into their rightful place behind us. :)

the guy that wasn't the Edge or Jimmy Page on It Might Get Loud :) hehe. He's in the defunct White Stripes, and like 2 other bands. Dead Weather and Racontouers or something?

Offline MarsGirl

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2011, 07:32:12 PM »
WTF? awful. 

Who's Jack White?

the guy that wasn't the Edge or Jimmy Page on It Might Get Loud :) hehe. He's in the defunct White Stripes, and like 2 other bands. Dead Weather and Racontouers or something?

Ahhh.... yes, now I can place the name.... Duh.... White Stripes....