Author Topic: The Denver Crowd  (Read 4879 times)

Offline jenniferh aka jen

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
Re: The Denver Crowd
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2011, 09:02:53 PM »
The stadium stayed quite empty until U2 was about to come on stage then everyone was frantic to get to their seats, very funny watching it. Lots of people were saying that having The Fray open would really help get people psyched up for the show but I really didn't notice anyone getting too excited. Of course I started falling asleep after the third song. Just because you are a hometown band doesn't necessarily mean you are liked.

SarahB

« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2011, 10:24:10 AM »
A friend of mine who went to the Denver show and got inner circle, second row in front of Bono, said the crowd wasn't half as great as her experience in Argentina.  ???

Offline MarsGirl

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • The world is spinning fast tonight...
« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2011, 10:30:52 AM »
Well, no North American crowd can compare to South America. It's a lot different down there. Even with Mexico City. I think it's a cultural difference. We Americans are more reserved. Or uptight. Whatever you want to call it.

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2011, 11:20:13 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
The stadium stayed quite empty until U2 was about to come on stage then everyone was frantic to get to their seats, very funny watching it. Lots of people were saying that having The Fray open would really help get people psyched up for the show but I really didn't notice anyone getting too excited. Of course I started falling asleep after the third song. Just because you are a hometown band doesn't necessarily mean you are liked.

Oh i loved the Fray. outside of the obvious How To Save A Life song i knew NONE of it. but i'm eager to get an album, they are Coldplay-esque in a non-u2-ripoff kinda way, imo. I did feel bad, the same guy that got in my face bout my statements about Jack White was also pi**ed off about the Fray, tellin em to get off the stage, etc. Man i wanted to punch that guy in the back of the head!

Offline MarsGirl

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2011, 11:40:41 AM »

Oh i loved the Fray. outside of the obvious How To Save A Life song i knew NONE of it. but i'm eager to get an album, they are Coldplay-esque in a non-u2-ripoff kinda way, imo. I did feel bad, the same guy that got in my face bout my statements about Jack White was also pi**ed off about the Fray, tellin em to get off the stage, etc. Man i wanted to punch that guy in the back of the head!

Geesh. I didnt like The Fray, but at least I acted polite. You musta been in the jerk section! What an interesting mix of people you had next to you there!!

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I won't pay the usual fee
« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2011, 11:43:01 AM »

Were people throwing bottles at them?

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
« Reply #51 on: May 25, 2011, 02:08:56 PM »

Were people throwing bottles at them?

I seriously was in the douche/dumb girl section. I had about 5 or more friends with me so i wasn't alone in enduring it. No, no one threw anything at them, the crowd seemed very receptive outside of the jack white fanboy in front of me. And i was DEFINITELY right about that, White isn't NEALY established <or humble> enough to be in a film about legendary guitarists. I was thinking someone from the early 90's with name recognition should of been involved in it.

Offline mattressjedi

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #52 on: May 25, 2011, 04:25:25 PM »
LOL@Desert Sky. Just goes to show how different each show could be. I'm sure the band drowned out their dumb comments.  ;)

Did the Denver show have the UFO in it? At Rice Eccles there was some sort of(I ssume) dirigible that floated north of the stadium during 4-5 songs about mid-set. It had blue and red lights attached and bobbed right to left and then slowly glided down.

Maybe the aliens came back to collect the band?  :D

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
« Reply #53 on: May 25, 2011, 04:32:34 PM »
LOL@Desert Sky. Just goes to show how different each show could be. I'm sure the band drowned out their dumb comments.  ;)

Did the Denver show have the UFO in it? At Rice Eccles there was some sort of(I ssume) dirigible that floated north of the stadium during 4-5 songs about mid-set. It had blue and red lights attached and bobbed right to left and then slowly glided down.

uh, WOAH. no but that would of been great! wow.

Offline The Unknown Caller

• Holy Joe
  • TORIIIIIINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
« Reply #54 on: May 25, 2011, 06:40:28 PM »
Of course, all crowds are different and wherever you are in a crowd will have a wholly different experience. For my own part, I would easily say that I've found Dublin crowds by far the worst for my U2- I thought this was just me and then talked to my best friend who saw them with me in Dublin and Paris on 360- and he agreed that the Dublin crowd was extremely tame by comparison- despite all the stereotypes. But I bet someone elsewhere in the crowd in Dublin would have had a totally different view!  :D

Offline mattressjedi

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #55 on: May 26, 2011, 12:37:24 PM »

uh, WOAH. no but that would of been great! wow.

Uhmmm...ok. Then I don't know what it was we saw. There were dozens of us who were watching this thing and the band for a bit or two. It moved smoothly from left to right and up and down very fast but always glided  smoothly to a stop. I was sure at some point Bono was gonna belt out "Beam me up Captain!" at any moment. Strange.  ;D

Offline jenniferh aka jen

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
« Reply #56 on: May 26, 2011, 10:52:52 PM »
There was a news helicoptor flying around Denver. That's as close as we got to aliens, but I wasn't really watching the sky too much.

Maybe it was an alien trying to figure out the U2 spaceship and possibly wanting to purchase it when the tour is over.

Offline MarsGirl

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #57 on: May 27, 2011, 03:58:12 AM »
LOL, Jennifer! Maybe I should purchase it for my return to Mars... My ship is old... :)