Author Topic: Brian Murphy Appreciation Thread  (Read 134768 times)

northstarjo

Re: Brian Murphy Appreciation Thread
« Reply #90 on: May 28, 2011, 08:53:51 PM »
ok now I've got some....

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline MarsGirl

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • The world is spinning fast tonight...
« Reply #91 on: May 28, 2011, 09:07:10 PM »
HOT DAMN. THANK YOU, JO!!!!!  :-* :-* :-*

northstarjo

« Reply #92 on: May 28, 2011, 09:09:32 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

he talked to a few of us for quite a while, about getting everything set up (stage), just kind of casual chatter...He tried to give us a tip on when the boys would come out to sign, but the time he quoted came and went and no U2....I left when it started to get dark.

Offline MarsGirl

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #93 on: May 28, 2011, 09:12:57 PM »

he talked to a few of us for quite a while, about getting everything set up (stage), just kind of casual chatter...He tried to give us a tip on when the boys would come out to sign, but the time he quoted came and went and no U2....I left when it started to get dark.
[/quote

He seems helpful that way. He kept talking to the girls in front of me at the concert. At one point, Bono was looking for them and was in the wrong spot. So later I heard Brian telling them that Bono was looking for them but couldnt find them. He kept coming over and talking to the girls so I got the sense that he was trying to be helpful. LOL! I have joked that if I met Bono, I'd ask for Brian's autograph too... :)

I love the top picture of him with his hands in his pockets. So casually sweet.

Offline jenniferh aka jen

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
« Reply #94 on: May 28, 2011, 09:24:56 PM »
I wonder if Brian knew you were specifically taking pics of him? I think he is so used to it but Bono is always with him.

northstarjo

« Reply #95 on: May 28, 2011, 10:00:39 PM »
I wonder if Brian knew you were specifically taking pics of him? I think he is so used to it but Bono is always with him.

yeah...he was watching me at first.  I don't think anyone else knew who he was until I told them why I was taking pictures.  they were like, "how do you KNOW all this stuff"?  I just laughed!

Offline jenniferh aka jen

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
« Reply #96 on: May 28, 2011, 10:08:45 PM »

yeah...he was watching me at first.  I don't think anyone else knew who he was until I told them why I was taking pictures.  they were like, "how do you KNOW all this stuff"?  I just laughed!

Dedicated U2 fans know everything!!
That would have been funny if he asked you why. You would have been like well, there is someone I know who *appreciates* you!

Offline MarsGirl

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #97 on: May 29, 2011, 06:36:05 AM »
LOL!!! "Yeah, Brian, there's a girl on the U2 fan forum who has made an appreciation thread for you... she thinks you're as hot as Bono... Um..." :) This is why I only took one picture of him at the concert in Denver. He was right in front of me most of the time (whenever Bono was front and center on stage). I dared one picture and I wanted to take a few more, but it occurred to me that he would notice that the flash was aimed right on him... and I didnt want him to think I was nuts. Even if I am. I dont want him to think I am. :)

It's funny how much fans know. When the techs were setting up before the show, my friend Kristy pointed each of them out, told me their names, and said whose tech they were. I guess after 50 some shows, she would know this. ;) I only knew Dallas Shoo thanks to the appreciation he gets on this forum.

u2dreamoutloud

« Reply #98 on: May 29, 2011, 06:40:48 AM »
I would take the offense. "Hey Brian - say cheese! You have fans, give'em a smile!"

Just to see his face then  :D

Offline MarsGirl

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #99 on: May 29, 2011, 09:19:34 AM »
I would take the offense. "Hey Brian - say cheese! You have fans, give'em a smile!"

Just to see his face then  :D

Oh, good one!!!! I might do that. After getting a picture with Bono, I could ask Brian if I could have a picture with him too.

"So, Brian, how does it feel guarding the body of our number one man?"

Offline MarsGirl

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #100 on: May 29, 2011, 09:20:27 AM »
Oh!! Even better: If someone would take a picture with Bono on one side of me and Brian on the other. A B&B Irish sandwich for Mars Girl!!!! What a dream!!

u2dreamoutloud

« Reply #101 on: May 29, 2011, 09:25:59 AM »
Oh!! Even better: If someone would take a picture with Bono on one side of me and Brian on the other. A B&B Irish sandwich for Mars Girl!!!! What a dream!!

We'll do that on the next tour  8) But I want one too! I think Bono would love that! :D

Offline MarsGirl

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #102 on: May 29, 2011, 09:29:50 AM »

We'll do that on the next tour  8) But I want one too! I think Bono would love that! :D

Yeah, Bono might think it's funny.

"Bono, could we also have Brian in this picture? We like your hot bodyguard." :) :)

northstarjo

« Reply #103 on: May 29, 2011, 09:33:26 AM »

"Bono, could we also have Brian in this picture? We like your hot bodyguard." :) :)

Oh, Brian definitely thought I was crazy I'm sure....I tried to make it look less obvious, but I'm sure he was wondering WTF!

Offline MarsGirl

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #104 on: May 29, 2011, 09:35:37 AM »

Oh, Brian definitely thought I was crazy I'm sure....I tried to make it look less obvious, but I'm sure he was wondering WTF!

Awesome. :) I will have to inform him that he has a following. Maybe at the next concert, if I'm in a position where he's in front of me, I'll ask him if he minds if I take a picture of him. I wonder if I'm brave enough. I can tell him that he has a following online. LOL!! Oh, no, Mars Girl just got moved to the Crazy Zone of fans.