Author Topic: BRACE YOURSELF! BONO IS GOING TO WEAR EYELINER FOR THE GRAMMYS!  (Read 9076 times)

achtungchild

BRACE YOURSELF! BONO IS GOING TO WEAR EYELINER FOR THE GRAMMYS!
« on: February 07, 2009, 11:47:32 PM »
LOS ANGELES Bono ditched his shades for some heavy eyeliner as U2 rehearsed on the eve of their performance at the 51st Grammy Awards.

Bono is going to wear eyeliner during his performance tomorrow... This is horrible news in my opinion.  :-[ What do you think? Are you content with it, or are you rather perturbed?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 02:59:18 PM by achtungchild »

Offline the Edge Gotto

• Elevated
  • U2, Peter Gabriel, and Genesis shall dominate
Re: BRACE YOURSELF! BONO IS GOING TO...
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2009, 11:50:22 PM »
I dunno. I wonder if Ali, Jordan, or Eve help him with his eyeliner. I wonder what his girls are thinking about this.

Offline j2736 (i'm not a boy ! )

• Desert Rose
  • watch more television
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2009, 11:51:04 PM »
is this true? if it is..well, i think Bono is a scientist. he loves to experiment even with his looks. just for a change. i would love to see those eyeliners! :)

Mysterious Ways

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2009, 11:51:45 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Bono is going to wear eyeliner during his performance tomorrow.

Oh no.
Bono, if you're reading this, stick to the  8). Please.

Offline JuniorEmblem

• Child of Grace
  • 10 types, those who know binary & those who don't
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2009, 11:53:51 PM »
In the U2 photospread in Q, he has heavy eyeliner, must be his new 'look', paunchy short 48 year olds look really stupid with a lot of eyeliner......

« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 12:05:30 AM by JuniorEmblem »

achtungchild

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2009, 12:02:17 AM »
In the U2 photospread inQ, he has heavy eyeliner, must be his new 'look', paunchy shoort 48 year olds look really stupid with a lot of eyeliner......

I agree, and the entire idea is very random. How did he come up with the idea to suddenly wear eye-liner?
glasses > eye-liner
 8)               >:(
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 12:05:08 AM by achtungchild »

Offline the Edge Gotto

• Elevated
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2009, 12:03:31 AM »
Maybe he's hanging out with Billy Joe Armstrong of Green Day too much or something.

achtungchild

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2009, 12:10:02 AM »
Maybe he's hanging out with Billy Joe Armstrong of Green Day too much or something.

Seriously, I thought Larry was all about "no bollox", you'd think he'd give it to him straight. I mean I can't see Larry praising Bono's decision. This is outrageous, just another reason for people to insult U2. "Oh, that Bono guy wears eye-liner at 48, since he isn't cool the music probably isn't either".

Offline the Edge Gotto

• Elevated
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2009, 12:11:26 AM »
Oh no. I don't see this as being a good thing. Call out to Larry: Put an end to this madness. I don't for see this as being good.

Offline may2

• Wanderer
Re: BRACE YOURSELF! BONO IS GOING TO WEAR EYE-LINER FOR THE GRAMMYS!
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2009, 04:57:14 AM »
It makes him look like a raccoon.

Offline jick

• Precious Stone
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2009, 05:48:03 AM »
U2 always follow what is trendy.

When Beck, Prodigy, and Chemical Brothers were the rage in the mid-90's, they made POP.

When boybands and bubblegum pop acts were the rage in the late 90's, they did they own version of accessible music with ATYCLB.

When Green Day had a renaissance in relevance after their American Idiot album garnered commercial and critical acclaim, U2 were quick to duet with them in Superbowl and even put on their greatest hits compilation that collaborative effort.

Now, it seems The Killers are the hottest trend in bands, and 80's new wave is back in fashion which is the era of eyeliner from The Cure and similar acts.

U2 are just following the times.  This is one of their secrets to staying relevant despite their highly advanced age where it defies conventional music industry logic.

In summary, I am all for Bono wearing eyeliner for this performance.  It also helps conceal his wrinkles which in turn also hides his age well.

Cheers,

J

Offline whitewave

• Child of Grace
  • she's the wave,she turns the Tide
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2009, 09:17:13 AM »
Good God! Why??! Not just Larry should intervene, but I think the higher power may need to.   :o :(

streetmission

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2009, 09:34:10 AM »
I actually don't mind it.  He can do whatever he wants--he's Bono.  Sure some people will criticize him, some will like it, and some won't care.  That's the way of the world.  And anyone who would use Bono's eyeliner to assess the quality of U2's music doesn't like U2's music in the first place--eyeliner or no eyeliner.

Offline DGordon1

• Elevated
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2009, 09:34:30 AM »
This is great news. Time to phase out the shades, the eyeliner makes him look more of an artist. Excellent.

Offline yam_yam

• Refugee
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2009, 09:43:50 AM »
Are people forgetting the time he painted his face white, wore lipstick, eyeliner, along with gold platform shoes and spoke in a posh english voice??

It was cool then and it's cool now.