Author Topic: U2 Acronym Dictionary  (Read 2613 times)

Offline jenniferh aka jen

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
U2 Acronym Dictionary
« on: May 27, 2011, 10:30:43 PM »
I suggest an acronym dictionary needs to be set up to help those that are not used to a lot of users using shorthand when typing song and album titles. (Another forum has one so it would be easy to utilize the info to post over here)

Where do you suggest the most appropriate area in which to create this would be? I volunteer to create it, just tell me where!

Thanks ;)

Offline U2-obsessed and proud

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • Let The Rain come down, make a brand new ground
Re: U2 Acronym Dictionary
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011, 10:31:36 PM »
How about right here?

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2011, 10:42:21 PM »
I want to make sure it is visible enough so I will defer to the mods on making the decision. This section does make a lot of sense, but how many people hang out over here all the time? Where are songs and albums talked about a lot - music, lyrics, tours, videos? So should we have a thread stickied in each of these areas with this info?

Offline singnomore

• Administrator
  • Airborne Ranger
  • These city lights, they shine as silver and gold
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2011, 12:17:59 AM »
I've not seen one of these before though i get what you mean! Any idea what it would like visually? You mean people just adding their acronym  or a link to a page?

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2011, 12:31:07 AM »
I was thinking that the first post would be an alphabetical list of the acronym first and then it's definition. People can post new acronyms or one's that were missed and then the first post would be updated. Like this:

EBTTRT - Even Better Than The Real Thing
JT - Joshua Tree
NLOTH - No Line on the Horizon
WOWY - With or Without You

I would seperate each section of the alphabet with line breaks so it would be easier to read. It would be easier to search on the first post than trying to locate something in multiple posts.

Offline singnomore

• Administrator
  • Airborne Ranger
  • These city lights, they shine as silver and gold
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2011, 12:44:33 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I was thinking that the first post would be an alphabetical list of the acronym first and then it's definition. People can post new acronyms or one's that were missed and then the first post would be updated. Like this:

EBTTRT - Even Better Than The Real Thing
JT - Joshua Tree
NLOTH - No Line on the Horizon
WOWY - With or Without You

I would seperate each section of the alphabet with line breaks so it would be easier to read. It would be easier to search on the first post than trying to locate something in multiple posts.

My view would be why not? I know sometimes I struggle to remember every U2 song in that format (or is that just my age!) - and if your happy to maintain. As for the act of making 'sticky' still being a 'newbie' around here I'll confer with my fellow mods as to the protocol for being 'sticky'  :D

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2011, 12:52:03 AM »
Perfect! I will be happy to maintain it.

And no, it's not your age!! I have to stop and think sometimes. ;D