Author Topic: SPOILER Check out what just got rehersed  (Read 2816 times)

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I won't pay the usual fee
Re: SPOILER Check out what just got rehersed
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2011, 01:53:13 PM »
The remastered One, Mysterious Ways, The Fly, EBTTRT, UTEOTW, all sound great, so I'm also looking forward to hearing the rest of the tracks remastered.

Next up... Zooropa and Pop.

satellitedog01

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2011, 01:53:34 PM »
Maybe they're just going to be using CGI to create the illusion of Hansa while recording in that theater... Maybe they are just going to use REM's performance and replace the players (with sudden guest appearances by Michael Stipe)

Or maybe they'll have handpuppet's for The Fly, Mirrorball Man and MacPhisto (this time with 100%more phist) on stage at the theater, commenting and reenacting scenes from ZooTv... I wonder...  

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2011, 02:00:30 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Maybe they're just going to be using CGI to create the illusion of Hansa while recording in that theater... Maybe they are just going to use REM's performance and replace the players (with sudden guest appearances by Michael Stipe)

Or maybe they'll have handpuppet's for The Fly, Mirrorball Man and MacPhisto (this time with 100%more phist) on stage at the theater, commenting and reenacting scenes from ZooTv... I wonder...  

Wow!  You really are disillusioned.  I mean, even George Lucas didn't resort to CGI.

satellitedog01

« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2011, 02:08:56 PM »
:-) No, good ol' Lucas personally trained groundhogs to look at Indy and watch rocket sleds...

Anyway, I thought my post was daringly innovative and full of future wonder and anticipation.

On another serious note, I wonder how U2 never dabbled in virtual reality related products in the late '90s.

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2011, 02:18:18 PM »
:-) No, good ol' Lucas personally trained groundhogs to look at Indy and watch rocket sleds...

Anyway, I thought my post was daringly innovative and full of future wonder and anticipation.

On another serious note, I wonder how U2 never dabbled in virtual reality related products in the late '90s.

Achtung Baby, Zooropa and Pop was... and then they fell off the precipice, like a fly off the wall

« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 02:20:44 PM by Tumbling Dice »

satellitedog01

« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2011, 02:23:47 PM »
I meant something actually only present on the internet (well then after 2000 for bandwidth reasons) and they didn't really mine the topic lyrically either. Well they touched on it on No Line to some extent, but I meant Pop era.

Offline Midnight is Where the Day Begins

• Genius of Compression
  • Oh it's time, it's time, it's IeTOUR time!!
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2011, 02:27:20 PM »
I could see The Fly slotting in where I Will Follow/New Year's Day was.

They did rehearse it like 7 times.

Offline EnduringChill

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2011, 02:33:25 PM »

LMHO! that's head, not hat

Offline U2-obsessed and proud

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • Let The Rain come down, make a brand new ground
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2011, 02:33:50 PM »
I could see The Fly slotting in where I Will Follow/New Year's Day was.

Same

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2011, 02:34:56 PM »
I meant something actually only present on the internet (well then after 2000 for bandwidth reasons) and they didn't really mine the topic lyrically either. Well they touched on it on No Line to some extent, but I meant Pop era.

Sarcasm doesn't become you.

But you are right, it is a mystery why they didn't.  When the Stones were on the contemporaneous Bridges To Babylon tour, they used the world wide web to ask fans to vote for a song that they wanted the Stones to play that night.

satellitedog01

« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2011, 02:54:44 PM »
I actually meant it straight, what with Unknown Caller's thematic, but I have to admit there is no direct a connection.
Anyway U2 and their fascination with technology on a thematic level probably stopped with Bono's spiritual rejuvenation. It would've quickly aged and they probably knew it.

P.S.: I never thought sarcasm was meant to make one more appealing. :-)

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2011, 03:08:39 PM »

It isn't.  It's a filthy habit.

Offline The Unknown Caller

• Holy Joe
  • TORIIIIIINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2011, 04:09:32 PM »
I'd love to see The Fly return, though I really could not care less about Love Is Blindness!

satellitedog01

« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2011, 04:18:00 PM »

It isn't.  It's a filthy habit.

Mine was a statement, but I agree, sarcasm is wearysome after a couple of years.

Offline Zooropa Baby Pop

• Child of Grace
  • You've Got A Head Full Of Traffic
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2011, 04:42:26 PM »
As soon as I saw this thread title I knew what the songs were  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

The Fly is perfect for this stage. It demands a mental production. Unfortunately I see it at least rotating with UTEOTW, I say unfortunately only because I would want UTEOTW in every show ever.

Love Is Blindness is beautiful and I cannot wait to hear Edge's solo 20 years after ZooTV. I bet he could make it sound even better. Again though, it's a shame because this will almost definitely replace MOS, meaning only 3 NLOTH songs, unless they put MOS in place of Walk On.

And it's not a coincidence that they bring back The Fly a few weeks before Glasto.