Author Topic: Spoiler Are These Songs Staying?  (Read 1295 times)

The Grave

Spoiler Are These Songs Staying?
« on: May 31, 2011, 04:12:36 PM »
I haven't seem much talk about this but now Stay *aka Sinatra* and AIWIY have been played at all the American shows *not including Mexico*

Not that I'm complaining  ;) They ARE two of my favorite songs
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 04:14:07 PM by The Ken *I am the greatest man who ever lived* »

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
Re: Spoiler Are These Songs Staying?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 05:39:45 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I haven't seem much talk about this but now Stay *aka Sinatra* and AIWIY have been played at all the American shows *not including Mexico*

Keeping Stay and AIWIY and dropping IALW and ISHF are good moves

Offline p8ru2

• Precious Stone
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2011, 05:50:23 PM »

I loved Stay and AIWIY replacing them, and am quite pleased they dropped IALW but I'm sure there'll be some more casual fans disappointed by dropping ISHFWILF. 

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2011, 05:59:03 PM »

I loved Stay and AIWIY replacing them, and am quite pleased they dropped IALW but I'm sure there'll be some more casual fans disappointed by dropping ISHFWILF. 

Yea i'm sure there will be but DAMMIT i want album cuts. I want my IGC, RTSS, Exit back in the set! Vertigo into IGC! DREAM THE DREAM WITH ME, MY FRIENDS!

Offline p8ru2

• Precious Stone
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2011, 06:17:50 PM »
When was Exit played?  :o  Awesome & I've heard it live previously on another tour but I highly doubt they'd play it on this one. 
*sorry to deflate the dream*  :P   

PartyMarty23

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2011, 06:19:06 PM »

Since it will be my first U2 concert, I'm fine with whatever they play. But I would rather heear Stay over IALW. I don't which one they play out of AIWIY or ISHFWILF

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2011, 06:23:17 PM »
When was Exit played?  :o  Awesome & I've heard it live previously on another tour but I highly doubt they'd play it on this one. 

your doubts mean NOTHING! this is the post zooropa-comeback tour! and i dont mean they played those 3 songs on this tour at all. the last time i think IGC was played IN FULL was when i saw it in Dallas 01 acoustic

Offline HEY!youtwo!

• Child of Grace
  • They'll want their money back if youre alive at 33
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2011, 08:05:09 PM »

your doubts mean NOTHING! this is the post zooropa-comeback tour! and i dont mean they played those 3 songs on this tour at all. the last time i think IGC was played IN FULL was when i saw it in Dallas 01 acoustic

but isn't exit pre-zooropa?  ;)

Anyway, I say they replace AIWIY with somethin else, and then, my eternal wish that I've posted millions of times, is that UV comes back full time! For real...

Offline p8ru2

• Precious Stone
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2011, 08:52:10 AM »

Anyway, I say they replace AIWIY with somethin else, and then, my eternal wish that I've posted millions of times, is that UV comes back full time! For real...

I think they should keep  AIWIY but maybe rotate it - it hasn't been played in N. America since Elevation tour and its a beautiful song.  I like UV as a song much more than HMTMKM but I'd seen UV 3X including once in ZOOTV so it was great for me to see HMTMKM live.  That said, I hope you get to see UV make a comeback! 

Exit, RTSS, & IGC are all on JT, so yes - PRE-Zooropa, not post. 

As for DesertSky's wishlist - to hear all three you really would have to have seen them in 1987, not 2011.  ( I did thankfully.)   Exit was played almost exclusively on the JT tour.  RTSS is the most played of the three on previous tours & was last played in the Vertigo tour.  The last time IGC was played was in 2001 ( select Lovetown & Elevation shows), so consider yourself lucky to have heard it acoustic in 2001. 

My point is,  if you're going to throw out dream wishlists for Exit & older less likely songs/rarities, why not list Acrobat, One Tree Hill, MOTD, RHMT, DGPFYCC, LNOE, Mofo....etc?  They are just as likely to be heard. :P

The Grave

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2011, 09:30:48 AM »
I also noticed that Pride has been played at all 3 shows so far.

You guys might complain, but I wont  ;)

Offline SuperAcrobat

• Refugee
  • A woman needs a man, like a fish needs a bicycle
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2011, 03:16:04 PM »
If you ask me, I'd say leave Stay in over In A Little While, but bring back ISHFWILF and get rid of AIWIY.

I'd also like to hear more Pride.

Offline The Unknown Caller

• Holy Joe
  • TORIIIIIINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2011, 04:11:34 PM »
The USA didn't get Pride in 2009, so it's a pretty safe bet that it stays in now.

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2011, 04:48:25 PM »

well.....i was referring to the days of the 360 tour since Zooropa, a song FAR less likely to be played on a tour than the 3 i want to hear, is a given in the setlist. Not post-zooropa album....

Offline POP2011

• Stateless
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2011, 05:56:09 PM »
Does the OT title really need a spoiler tag? ::)

Offline merkado

• Wanderer
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2011, 10:31:47 PM »
The USA didn't get Pride in 2009, so it's a pretty safe bet that it stays in now.

I got it at Chicago 1