Author Topic: Glastonbury bbc tv schedule friday 24th june 2011  (Read 3757 times)

Offline garciaricky0019

• Babyface
Re: Glastonbury bbc tv schedule friday 24th june 2011
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2011, 01:10:49 AM »
Do you guys/gals know if Glastonbury DVD's are usually sold including most acts, ...this time around, it would definately be worth purchasing!

As far as the US broadcast, I guess I'll be checking up on Palladia quite frequently!

Offline celticfc09

• Refugee
  • Zhdanost - eto khorosho
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2011, 09:11:20 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

You don't know about 'the internet'?

What are you taking about? what's the internet

Offline Bads316

• Elevated
  • Ain't nothin' but a muffin
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2011, 09:21:11 AM »
Hmmmm so BBC 2, over to BBC 4 for 30 minutes, back to BBC 2 - depending on how drunk I am I think I can just about manage that.

Offline m100

• Wanderer
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2011, 03:55:46 AM »
Do you guys/gals know if Glastonbury DVD's are usually sold including most acts, ...this time around, it would definately be worth purchasing!

As far as the US broadcast, I guess I'll be checking up on Palladia quite frequently!

rarely if ever i think the most you'll get of anyone is a few tracks as 'bonus' on an official relesae. try bbc i player for the gig outside the uk.

Offline AchtungPop

• Staring at the Sun
  • Walk On
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2011, 02:28:21 PM »
BBC shows it on their websites too right? Can use one of those sites to get myself a UK IP address.

Offline mrbono

• Stateless
  • I'm the light you can't always see
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2011, 05:36:27 AM »
I really hope someone got fired for this scheduling

BBC's interactive red button usually shows Glastonbury, so hopefully U2's set will be intact there

Offline m100

• Wanderer
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2011, 02:58:11 PM »
I really hope someone got fired for this scheduling

BBC's interactive red button usually shows Glastonbury, so hopefully U2's set will be intact there

It might be on the red button service the week after. On the night the red button is generally reserved for the other stages. Why should anyone get fired that's the same time slots every friday at glastonbury is shown - the saturday and sunday nights are continual on bbc2 so Coldplays set on saturday will be shown uninterrupted and beyonce on the sunday will do the usual 'you can only show six songs' crap.

Offline m100

• Wanderer
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2011, 09:36:20 AM »
stage times for the festival

Offline m100

• Wanderer
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2011, 02:58:49 PM »
First the good news, it appears likely that at least some of u2's set will be broadcast on bbc radio 2 or bbc radio 6 with both stations coming live from glastonbury between 10pm and midnight on friday.

Now the really bad news as far as tv scheduling - we are at the mercy of wimbledon and not only it's weather forecast but also the length of matches. With andy murray scheduled as the third game on centre court any over-run could prove disastrous. The bbc will not leave a murray wimbledon match but nor will they move the news on bbc one at 10pm to accomodate it if the tennis is running particularly late and the roof is on. Cross your fingers that at least the first two matches are straight sets with very few games.

Offline Zooropa Baby Pop

• Child of Grace
  • You've Got A Head Full Of Traffic
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2011, 03:12:12 PM »
First the good news, it appears likely that at least some of u2's set will be broadcast on bbc radio 2 or bbc radio 6 with both stations coming live from glastonbury between 10pm and midnight on friday.

Now the really bad news as far as tv scheduling - we are at the mercy of wimbledon and not only it's weather forecast but also the length of matches. With andy murray scheduled as the third game on centre court any over-run could prove disastrous. The bbc will not leave a murray wimbledon match but nor will they move the news on bbc one at 10pm to accomodate it if the tennis is running particularly late and the roof is on. Cross your fingers that at least the first two matches are straight sets with very few games.

another reason to hate andy murray. it won't come to that.

Offline Zooropa Baby Pop

• Child of Grace
  • You've Got A Head Full Of Traffic
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2011, 03:15:01 PM »
just had a check of the bbc2 schedule. wimbledon live coverage is scheduled until 8pm. even if it does go over that, it won't last 100 minutes which is when glasto coverage starts. it will not be a disruption.

Offline m100

• Wanderer
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2011, 12:01:55 AM »
just had a check of the bbc2 schedule. wimbledon live coverage is scheduled until 8pm. even if it does go over that, it won't last 100 minutes which is when glasto coverage starts. it will not be a disruption.

murray's first round match finished 9.30pm, only four sets and he won two comfortably, work it out.

Offline dezmaas

• Stateless
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2011, 06:26:39 AM »
By the way, if you can pick up the BBC HD channel, it's showing th whole concert without any crappy breaks for the news:

21:45
22:30 Glastonbury
2011, U2 Live - Part 1
Mark Radcliffe and Jo Whiley introduce U2's headlining set from the Pyramid Stage.

22:3023:05 Glastonbury
2011, U2 Live - Part 2
Live coverage continues of the Dublin band's first appearance at the Glastonbury Festival.

23:05 02:00 Glastonbury
2011, U2 Live - Part 3
First day highlights including bespoke acoustic performances from the BBC Two garden. .

Offline WelshGirl

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2011, 10:59:29 AM »

I'm not sure we need to worry. If the Murray match is over quickly it will finish on BBC2 well before 10pm. If it becomes a long tight match it is likely they will move coverage over to BBC1 and push the 10 o'clock news into a later slot after the tennis is over. They've done that a number of times in previous years (they seem to think people aren't capable of finding the Murray match coverage unless they put it on BBC1. Or that ratings will be higher if it's on BBC1 instead of BBC2). They'd probably push Eastenders over onto BBC2 but for the news they'd usually just flash a message up saying it will follow the tennis. Fingers crossed they keep to the same arrangement tonight.

Offline WelshGirl

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2011, 11:03:11 AM »
There has just been a trailer on BBC1 for Glastonbury coverage mentioning U2 as a headliner and with a snippet of Beautiful Day. I'm a little excited now.  ;D  And as they're advertising coverage as including U2 I think it's very unlikely they will fail to show U2, no matter what happens at Wimbledon.