Author Topic: List of U2 Songs/Demos  (Read 3265 times)

Offline Miami66

• Airborne Ranger
  • The goal is soul
List of U2 Songs/Demos
« on: June 06, 2011, 06:22:29 PM »
I've got a list of songs and demos by U2 on the forum. I was wondering if it could be stickyfied? Pretty please??

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Miami66

• Airborne Ranger
  • The goal is soul
Re: List of U2 Songs/Demos
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 06:24:49 PM »
oh yeah, i'd continue to update/ house clean the thread.

:)

Offline Miami66

• Airborne Ranger
  • The goal is soul
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 03:59:48 PM »
Well?

(SG ;))

Offline Joe90usa

• Airborne Ranger
  • Dragons Rule! Catfish Drool.
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2011, 04:17:51 PM »
I don't see a reason to have the same material posted twice as Jennifer is working off the same list (in theory) as this to ensure she has acronyms for all the titles. My recommendation is that you pass on anything she might have missed to her and have you two work together.

Make sense?

Offline Miami66

• Airborne Ranger
  • The goal is soul
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2011, 08:44:08 PM »
I don't see a reason to have the same material posted twice as Jennifer is working off the same list (in theory) as this to ensure she has acronyms for all the titles. My recommendation is that you pass on anything she might have missed to her and have you two work together.

Make sense?

???

My list is different. Her's is from Interference and mine is a list of EVERY SINGLE SONG and DEMO not the acronyms for the forum. I guess to me it's completely different.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 08:46:22 PM by Miami66 »

Offline Joe90usa

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2011, 10:07:00 PM »

Make sense?

???

My list is different. Her's is from Interference and mine is a list of EVERY SINGLE SONG and DEMO not the acronyms for the forum. I guess to me it's completely different.

Let me try again. Jennifer is attempting to assemble an acronym list of every U2 song. You are attempting to assemble every U2 song. You two should be working towards the same goal only Jennifer tacks on the acronym as well.

It's the same material, or it should be as both of you are striving for every U2 song as part of your data.

Offline Miami66

• Airborne Ranger
  • The goal is soul
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2011, 06:04:58 AM »
With all due respect......

**facepalm**

nevermind

Offline Joe90usa

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2011, 02:54:29 PM »
With all due respect......

**facepalm**

nevermind

It's been my experience that when someone says, "With all due respect,..." there tends to not be a lot of respect that follows that statement. "Facepalm" is not a response nor is it respectful. I know at least one other moderator has mentioned this on the forum though I don't recall if it was to you or not. It may fly among a group of kids and/or friends, but please don't mistake it for legitimate communication outside of those circles.

Again, the ONLY difference that should appear between your list and Jennifer's list is the addition of acronyms. Should there be a separate sticky for someone who wants to share every U2 song with the year it was released, another that included every song and the length of that song, etc.? Or would it make the most sense to have one list that included every U2 song and whatever extra data was desired along with it? Clearly the latter option makes far more sense from every possible angle. Since we have a thread devoted to doing this, again, I recommend contacting Jennifer and pointing her to your thread if you have songs that she does not so that she can make any changes that are required.

If you think I'm off in my analysis of this, then make your case and I'll gladly admit to being wrong if you show me so.

Offline Miami66

• Airborne Ranger
  • The goal is soul
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2011, 03:54:29 PM »
It's been my experience that when someone says, "With all due respect,..." there tends to not be a lot of respect that follows that statement. "Facepalm" is not a response nor is it respectful. I know at least one other moderator has mentioned this on the forum though I don't recall if it was to you or not. It may fly among a group of kids and/or friends, but please don't mistake it for legitimate communication outside of those circles.

Again, the ONLY difference that should appear between your list and Jennifer's list is the addition of acronyms. Should there be a separate sticky for someone who wants to share every U2 song with the year it was released, another that included every song and the length of that song, etc.? Or would it make the most sense to have one list that included every U2 song and whatever extra data was desired along with it? Clearly the latter option makes far more sense from every possible angle. Since we have a thread devoted to doing this, again, I recommend contacting Jennifer and pointing her to your thread if you have songs that she does not so that she can make any changes that are required.

If you think I'm off in my analysis of this, then make your case and I'll gladly admit to being wrong if you show me so.
Lmao, how can one be offended by a facepalm? :D

I think that a list with both the acronyms and song titles would get too cluttered. My purpose is to show what happened to which songs. Further, my list is unreleased stuff. Not stuff that Jennifer has on her list. She doesn't have songs like shark soup or Scott Walker. I think that, that would confuse a lot of people by having acronyms for unreleased songs. With your comment about release date, length, etc. thats irrelevant to the conversation. Jennifer's list has a list of Acronyms for Released songs. My list is to document the UNRELEASED Demo, etc and mark whether or not they've been used. Like for example, Sinatra became Stay. Wake Up Dead Man was from Zooropa but ended up on Pop. If we were to combine lists then it would be way way way too cluttered and messy. Not to mention she would have to add over 400 songs. My list is already typed out and there is a lot of great discussion and intro with mine. Ultimately it is your decision whether or not to sticky it. If you choose not to then that is fine. I will continue to maintain my list and continue to update it as need be.

Thanks Joe for your time,
Miami66

Offline singnomore

• Administrator
  • Airborne Ranger
  • These city lights, they shine as silver and gold
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2011, 12:35:56 AM »
Miami

Jennifer enquired first about doing the thread before doing any work on it and yes she openly admitted she's 'borrowed with pride' from various sources but that's not really the point. The mods agreed after a debate it made sense as it relates to songs that tend to be discussed on the forum and therefore could be beneficial tool to everyday use.

I think your list is impressive but in terms of every day use that's less clear as in terms of volume of discussions I have seen relating to those song titles on the forum.

Hope this helps  :)

Sing

Offline Miami66

• Airborne Ranger
  • The goal is soul
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2011, 08:44:52 AM »
Sing,

Thank you for your time. I will drop this subject.

This is what persuaded me:

I think your list is impressive but in terms of every day use that's less clear as in terms of volume of discussions I have seen relating to those song titles on the forum.

Miami66