Author Topic: Anaheim Shows  (Read 5620 times)

Offline pinman78(I love this town even if that doesn't ring true)

• Numb
  • My Mother calls him "The Ledge"
Anaheim Shows
« on: June 06, 2011, 07:38:45 PM »
Does anyone know of there is a link about the guides for the stadium.  Like what time the gates open and what they allow inside, and if tailgating is allowed?

Offline jenbU2

• Stateless
Re: Anaheim Shows
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 07:51:10 PM »
Here is the link to the stadium website: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Pretty much all of the information on the site pertains to Angels games. I haven't been able to find anything about the U2 shows. Last year when I wanted information about the show, I used the e-mail form on the "contact us' page. You can find the link at the bottom of the page. They got back to me within a couple of days with the information I needed.

I hope this helps you out.  :)

• Numb
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 07:55:17 PM »
Thank you that's what I found too.  I thought someone might have found something else.

Offline griffey244230

• Stateless
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 10:00:46 PM »
Okay got a few details on the Anaheim Shows -- literally they responded within 5 minutes...

--- At the Stadium ---

The parking lot will open at 8am.

The cost is $25 for general parking, $60 for limousines, and $100 for RVs.

The general admission lines begin at 8am at gates 1 & 4 only.

The gates will open  at 5pm.

-----

Anyone planning on starting a line before 8am?

Offline POP2011

• Stateless
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2011, 10:08:08 PM »
There's going to be a line BEFORE 8am? A line for a line? What time would you recommend I go?

Offline griffey244230

• Stateless
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2011, 10:32:53 PM »
I was just going to go for 8 ish -- its my first GA, so just to kind of get the feel of waiting all day... Though I hear that anywhere from 1 to 4 can still get you into the circle or the outer railing... ranges between venues.

But I've read about many people starting lines offsite and transferring them to the stadiums just to comply with stadium rules...

Offline jenbU2

• Stateless
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2011, 08:25:18 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I was just going to go for 8 ish -- its my first GA, so just to kind of get the feel of waiting all day... Though I hear that anywhere from 1 to 4 can still get you into the circle or the outer railing... ranges between venues.

But I've read about many people starting lines offsite and transferring them to the stadiums just to comply with stadium rules...

Generally, fans do tend to start offsite lines sometimes 2 or 3 days ahead of the show. If you want inner circle, you just need to be within the first 2000 people or so. The outer railing does tend to fill up quickly. When I went to the Salt Lake City show, I was able to get one of the last spots on the rail. I got in line at around 7:30am and was about 250 people back. I'm not sure how early people will line up in Anaheim; but when I got in line for the Rose Bowl show, a 7:15am arrival put me 800 people back in line. Good luck to those of you in GA!

• Numb
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2011, 10:07:01 AM »
Thank you every one for your tips.  I'm gonna press my luck and try going in the late afternoon. 

Offline POP2011

• Stateless
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2011, 11:50:52 AM »
Let's say you get to Angel Stadium at 7:30 or 8:00 in the morning. How do you know if  and where there is an offsite line?

And for some reason I never got a response back from Angel Stadium. I emailed them 5 days ago.

Offline ~Ultra*U2*Love~

• Numb
  • Blessings not just for the ones who kneel, luckily
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2011, 06:59:01 PM »

Generally, fans do tend to start offsite lines sometimes 2 or 3 days ahead of the show. If you want inner circle, you just need to be within the first 2000 people or so. The outer railing does tend to fill up quickly. When I went to the Salt Lake City show, I was able to get one of the last spots on the rail. I got in line at around 7:30am and was about 250 people back. I'm not sure how early people will line up in Anaheim; but when I got in line for the Rose Bowl show, a 7:15am arrival put me 800 people back in line. Good luck to those of you in GA!

The Rose Bowl had almost 100,000 people so that's something to consider.  I went to Oakland last night, was NOT in GA but I got to the venue around 4:30 and the GA line was soooo short!  I have a feeling that everyone in line up until that point probably got in to the inner circle.  The outer GA area from the railing all the way to the baseball diamond fence didn't fill up until after Lenny Kravitz has started.  BUT, this show is on a Friday and not in the middle of the week like Oakland was.  And there are more people in SoCal, but with 2 shows back to back it probably won't be that crowded.  That's what I'm hoping for at least!

Offline POP2011

• Stateless
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2011, 07:09:23 PM »
What gates are letting GA people in?

Offline ~Ultra*U2*Love~

• Numb
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2011, 08:02:50 PM »

The general admission lines begin at 8am at gates 1 & 4 only.

Offline ibishuerta

• Babyface
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2011, 09:50:40 PM »
This is gonna be my brothers first concert we have GA tickets and I wanna get him front row/front rail I was planing to get there the night before and just camp it out what do you guys think or do you think thats a little to much?
I have tickets to Saturdays show I figured friday night I can go check it out and ask question at the stadium as to how everything is gonna work so Saturday works out smooth.

Offline ~Ultra*U2*Love~

• Numb
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2011, 10:05:10 PM »
I'll let you know how Friday goes, it'll be my first GA show!! ;D  I think camping out is a bit much, I bet lining up at 8am, if you really wanna be die hard, would be plenty sufficient.

Offline POP2011

• Stateless
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2011, 10:08:29 PM »
This is gonna be my brothers first concert we have GA tickets and I wanna get him front row/front rail I was planing to get there the night before and just camp it out what do you guys think or do you think thats a little to much?
I have tickets to Saturdays show I figured friday night I can go check it out and ask question at the stadium as to how everything is gonna work so Saturday works out smooth.

If you don't mind paying $25 for parking both days sure.