Author Topic: Anaheim Shows  (Read 5621 times)

Offline JVU28

• Stranger in a Strange Land
Re: Anaheim Shows
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2011, 12:08:22 PM »
Im going to the 2nd show on the 18th. This will be my first U2 show & first BIG concert. Does anyone any info on which gates to? What time each one opens? Im coming from Ventura county about hour 1/2; 2 hours from Anaheim. I want to be seated by the time Lenny performs

Offline ~Ultra*U2*Love~

• Numb
  • Blessings not just for the ones who kneel, luckily
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2011, 12:13:57 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Okay got a few details on the Anaheim Shows -- literally they responded within 5 minutes...

--- At the Stadium ---

The parking lot will open at 8am.

The cost is $25 for general parking, $60 for limousines, and $100 for RVs.

The general admission lines begin at 8am at gates 1 & 4 only.

The gates will open  at 5pm.

-----

Anyone planning on starting a line before 8am?

I'm assuming this is for Fri & Sat

Offline POP2011

• Stateless
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2011, 12:15:27 PM »
Anyone with GA tickets for Saturday Night? What are your plans for the line?

Yeah, I'm planning on getting there around 8am, maybe a little earlier.

Offline ibishuerta

• Babyface
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2011, 12:00:07 AM »

I have a feeling that I need to maybe even be there the night before.

Offline POP2011

• Stateless
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2011, 12:13:10 AM »

Why? If you want to be among the first few dozen sure. If not then 8am should be fine.

Offline ibishuerta

• Babyface
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2011, 06:38:05 AM »

Why? If you want to be among the first few dozen sure. If not then 8am should be fine.

This is my brothers first concert I wanna make sure we get front rail.

Offline Number1U2fan

• Party Girl/Boy
  • "we're one..but we're not the same..."
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2011, 09:25:05 AM »
Going to both shows. Killer seats both nights. I went to Oakland and got there early. Lenny Kravitz was very good. Get there early people. Oakland ended up being a nightmare!!! Enjoy the show(s)!!!!  :D

Offline ~Ultra*U2*Love~

• Numb
  • Blessings not just for the ones who kneel, luckily
« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2011, 09:39:45 AM »
Going to both shows. Killer seats both nights. I went to Oakland and got there early. Lenny Kravitz was very good. Get there early people. Oakland ended up being a nightmare!!! Enjoy the show(s)!!!!  :D

Yes Oakland was crazy, thank goodness I took Bart and avoided all the traffic ... rock and roll stops the traffic!!  Lenny was great, I was pleasantly surprised.  I'll be walking from my hotel room straight to GA, so excited!!!  ;D ;D

Offline Number1U2fan

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2011, 10:33:56 AM »

Yes Oakland was crazy, thank goodness I took Bart and avoided all the traffic ... rock and roll stops the traffic!!  Lenny was great, I was pleasantly surprised.  I'll be walking from my hotel room straight to GA, so excited!!!  ;D ;D

I was surprised with Lenny as well and surprised I actually knew most of this songs he played. I still drove from SF to Oakland but like I mentioned I got there early and took the 2nd exit not the first where I'm hearing most of the logjam was. Hitting a pub near the stadium hours before the show with some friends so I'll be close already. The 2nd night I might be cutting things close as I have prior commitments.

Offline pinman78(I love this town even if that doesn't ring true)

• Numb
  • My Mother calls him "The Ledge"
« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2011, 03:19:30 PM »
I can't wait! Three more sunrises!

Offline Number1U2fan

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2011, 03:39:20 PM »
The stars were out for the Rose Bowl, it will be interesting to see/hear who was out for the OC!!!!! ;)

Offline Passenger84

• Wanderer
« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2011, 04:53:14 PM »
At the Rose Bowl, my wife and I got there at 9 AM, and we were numbers 1201 and 1202 in line. And we ended up inner circle, about 5-10 feet back from the rail in front of Edge. (We could've gotten Bono/center, but we wanted Edge. ;) ) Of course, the 4 o'clock GA line stampede kind of threw things off. We ended up with some 1700's in front of us, but some poor 200's behind us. Craziness.

But, with two shows in Anaheim, Friday being a weekday, and Anaheim stadium not holding nearly as many people as the Rose Bowl, I think 8-9 am is plenty safe for the Friday show. We'll see you guys there at 8 o'clock! :) Can't wait!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 04:56:13 PM by Passenger84 »

Offline Number1U2fan

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2011, 05:18:55 PM »
At the Rose Bowl, my wife and I got there at 9 AM, and we were numbers 1201 and 1202 in line. And we ended up inner circle, about 5-10 feet back from the rail in front of Edge. (We could've gotten Bono/center, but we wanted Edge. ;) ) Of course, the 4 o'clock GA line stampede kind of threw things off. We ended up with some 1700's in front of us, but some poor 200's behind us. Craziness.

But, with two shows in Anaheim, Friday being a weekday, and Anaheim stadium not holding nearly as many people as the Rose Bowl, I think 8-9 am is plenty safe for the Friday show. We'll see you guys there at 8 o'clock! :) Can't wait!

Tailgated at the Rose Bowl. It was a blast. But not this time around. I'll be on the Edge's side the first night lower level section just above the people in GA"s. Should be awesome. 2nd night again lower level but more of a straight on view as in behind home plate. SHould be another good perspective.

Offline JTBaby

• Elevated
« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2011, 05:58:16 PM »

Just so you guys know, Fri afternoon traffic starts to back up about 2.30 heading out that way. On a good day.

Offline JVU28

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2011, 06:17:41 PM »
how is traffic there in anaheim on Saturday.....I live about 1 hour 1/2 to 2 hours from Anaheim....I have work in the day. Im hoping to get out by 1pm the latest. Please my fellow U2 fans, insight would be much appreciated. Thanks