Author Topic: The Grammy's....this performance feels important.  (Read 7186 times)

Offline Mr. BonorFLYd

• Child of Grace
  • Music you can eat!
Re: The Grammy's....this performance feels important.
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2009, 06:54:29 PM »
Thought it was cool. They need visuals unlike ZOO TV. Bono had some cool moves I thought. A bit of something new. THE SOUND PERSON SHOULD BE FIRED!!! THE GENERAL SOUND IS AWFUL..ALL THE BANDS SOUND LIKE THEY ARE IN A TIN CAN.

Fun performance though. I hope there is an upset and Radiohead win tonight. Coldplay is sappy. Really just a bunch of overrated dorks. I hope Brian Eno can make them better.

Offline Mbeede

• Stateless
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2009, 06:58:30 PM »
GOYB sounds better live for sure. Edge sounded and looked cool. Bono please lose the eyeliner. No need for any gimmicks. You are Bono afterall. The eyeliner is just stupid.

Offline Mr. BonorFLYd

• Child of Grace
  • Music you can eat!
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2009, 07:04:43 PM »
I can't believe the Grammy's got some cheap Sound person to run the sound. Everybody sounds like they're in a big echo chamber.  >:(

Offline Evil Bono

• Numb
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2009, 07:05:32 PM »
You think there will be an audio edit for the west coast feed? 

Offline Ricco

• Stateless
  • I was the bad guy who walked out...
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2009, 07:07:03 PM »
Well unless someone uploads the performance on YouTube  pretty quickly, I still have to wait 54 minutes before the Grammy's start here.

Offline jick

• Precious Stone
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2009, 07:08:03 PM »
Just as predicted, there is too much happening in the studio version that it is hard to make it sound full live.  It sounded a bit more raw.

I saw the people giving a standing ovation after the performance.  Was that for U2 or for Whitney Houston?

Cheers,

J

Offline Evil Bono

• Numb
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2009, 07:08:17 PM »
Me too I have to wait until 7pm west coast time to see it.  Thats why I was wondering if they'll edit the audio problems that everyone is talking about.  

Offline Evil Bono

• Numb
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2009, 07:10:15 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Just as predicted, there is too much happening in the studio version that it is hard to make it sound full live.  It sounded a bit more raw.

I saw the people giving a standing ovation after the performance.  Was that for U2 or for Whitney Houston?

Cheers,

J

Don't be so quick to shoot down the song or the band they still have four more months to get it ready to be played live.  The way its played on tour is what matters more.

Offline Mbeede

• Stateless
« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2009, 07:12:30 PM »
It is a rocker live. The band sounded tight to me. It isn't their best work by any means, but the song is better live.

Offline j2736 (i'm not a boy ! )

• Desert Rose
  • watch more television
« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2009, 07:14:27 PM »
Bono's performance was great. To me, he is still a better performer than Chris Martin, despite the age difference. I really envy you guys who will be able to watch the upcoming U2 tour.

Offline Ricco

• Stateless
  • I was the bad guy who walked out...
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2009, 07:37:38 PM »
GOYB sounds better live for sure. Edge sounded and looked cool. Bono please lose the eyeliner. No need for any gimmicks. You are Bono afterall. The eyeliner is just stupid.

Bono?  Eyeliner?  Maybe we are in store for a return to the ZooTV days.  Maybe Macphisto  will come out of retirement.  LOL!

Offline alliep76

• Babyface
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2009, 07:47:48 PM »
I think the ovation was for Whitney.  She hasn't been seen for quite some time.  The crowd didn't seem that into the performance to give U2 a standing ovation.  I hope it sounded better in person.

Offline Joe90usa

• Airborne Ranger
  • Dragons Rule! Catfish Drool.
« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2009, 07:49:31 PM »
I think the ovation was for Whitney.  She hasn't been seen for quite some time.  The crowd didn't seem that into the performance to give U2 a standing ovation.  I hope it sounded better in person.

My assumption was that it was for Whitney as well. She earned it for being that strung out on whatever she was on and not falling down in heels.

Offline Bono in Bonolands

• Numb
« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2009, 07:50:36 PM »
Whitney. Once a darling of Grammy. Then Bobby Brown set her on a terrible course.

Offline theedge2009

• Babyface
  • Everything you know is wrong
« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2009, 08:01:31 PM »

My assumption was that it was for Whitney as well. She earned it for being that strung out on whatever she was on and not falling down in heels.

hahahaha...well said, what a train wreck she is....

I felt U2 received a good response from the crowd....however, the Grammys is a poor venue to showcase new material...feels very generic and lacks the intimacy needed to embrace the song....I couldnt imagine seeing "The Fly" played live for the first time on the Grammys